Never been as poor in my life!

we are struggling - we are only on our second month of maternity pay, it makes me wonder what we did with our money before LO but ive also worked out our finances for when I go back to work (which might have to be sooner than I hoped) and were not going to be much better off with the extra cost of petrol and childcare :shrug:
Weve got to tax both our cars at the end of December and buy presents and weve got no money :cry:

we are struggling - we are only on our second month of maternity pay, it makes me wonder what we did with our money before LO but ive also worked out our finances for when I go back to work (which might have to be sooner than I hoped) and were not going to be much better off with the extra cost of petrol and childcare :shrug:
Weve got to tax both our cars at the end of December and buy presents and weve got no money :cry:

We're not doing Christmas presents for anyone except Emma this year - we told our families about a month ago. We just can't afford it! And you really don't have to spend lots of money on kids for them to have a good time :)

We are too and will be even more so come April. Our essential bills and childress takes up 75% of our take home excluding petrol, shopping ect.... One we lose CTC we're screwed. Already earn too much for WTC. Living were we do is sooooo expensive.

OH's jobs risky at the moment, he works in airline catering, of the few airlines under his contract that haven't gone bust, mostare phasing out meals as of summer. He works a 13 hours shift and turns one flight around a day that takes 1hr max - crazy!

A quick look on entitled to and our local council website with him not working makes us £400 a month BETTER OFF with HB, CTB and CTC. Never thought I'd say I hope he gets made redundant. Utter madness!

It's ridiculous isn't it! The system is messed up.

I did post previously but my husband has just been made redundant and can you believe we are better off without him working !

I did post previously but my husband has just been made redundant and can you believe we are better off without him working !

I can, we'd be £400 better off if OH wasn't. He'd be the first to go but will get a payout as hes been there 6 years. The synical side of me wonders if this is the governments way of massaging unemployment figures???

I can, we'd be £400 better off if OH wasn't. He'd be the first to go but will get a payout as hes been there 6 years. The synical side of me wonders if this is the governments way of massaging unemployment figures???

We would be about £400 better off too and we also get about 7k as he has been there 9 years, we also get our mortgage paid for a year because we have insurance !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->