Never got a flashy smiley before solid?

westernmama

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm TTC #1 3rd cycle of Clomid/OPKS
Cycle 1 I got the flashing smiley for 2 days then a solid around day 15
Cycle 2- Had to use cheapo tests, didn't get a faint positive until cd18
Now I'm on cycle 3. Did OPK's Monday and Tuesday blank circle. Forgot yesterday morning, and started noticing BIG globs of ewcm when I wiped. Tested around 8 pm last night and SOLID smiley face.
Has anyone else skipped the flashing smiley all together? DH and I BD last night, but it's been a couple of days so did we miss it?
Oh and yesterday was only CD12

Exactly the same happened to me last month, when the month before I had had two days of flashing smileys first. I panicked and was madly searching online about why it happened.
From what I understand, it's basically because you started testing too late as it uses the first sample as a baseline for the hormone levels that picks up the flashing smiley. So it compares subsequent samples to that first one to pick up the surge, but the likelihood is that you were already having the surge with those first two samples on Monday and Tuesday - so it you'd have tested maybe Sunday, you would probably have got a blank circle and then a flashy on Monday and Tuesday, as the hormone level would've been greater than the baseline sample on Sunday.

Does that make sense?! Not great at explaining things, sorry!

I did that one cycle...not sure why... Didn't get pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->