New and looking for some reassurance!

J

JRW33

Hi everyone- new to the fourms. My husband and I got married in June after being together 4 years. I've been on the pill for about 10 years and decided after my last AF in July that I was going to quit the pill. I had issues with cysts when I was younger and my doctor told me it may be hard for me to get pregnant. Being that I'm 25 I'd like to start trying now in case there is an issue. I think I just need some reassurance because everyone I talk to tells me I'm too young and need to enjoy my marriage for a while. While I do agree... we've been together for 4 years, have lived (husband owns our home) together for 3 years and have known each other since we were 13. I know I don't have to justify my reasoning to others I'm just getting discouraged when others push their opinion of me being too young and not stable enough for having a baby. We both have stable jobs and own a home and are emotionally ready.

no one will be raising your child for you so no one can tell you when it is best to have a baby as long as you and your husband have made the decision together and know what you want then do what will make you happy congratulations and I hope you get a big fat positive soon

Hey Jun don't fret about what people think. Only you and your oh know if you are ready

As long as you have a strong relationship with your husband I don't think it will matter when you decide to have a baby

That's true. No one knows what your relationship is like but you

Livin together for those three years means a lot. You learn so much from one another and at 25 have probably already enjoyed some great times! I am 25 and will be married 3 years in Sept. LO is 11 weeks and she has brought us more joy than we could have ever imagined :) Good luck with your decision. You will know :)

I'm 24 and I hear that all the time. I'm ready to have a baby. Hubby is ready now too and people tell us to wait and enjoy our marriage. We've been married just over 2 years, together for 5! Honestly, no one knows your relationship with each other better than God and yourselves. If you feel ready, go for it. Even if you weren't all "stable" if in your hearts you know it's time, then it's time. God puts the desire for a child in our hearts for a reason, and will provide for you all if you let Him. I say go for it, especially if there is the possibility of it taking a while, now is a great time to start, plus pregnancy after 35 can have more problems. If you are blessed enough to be married young, why not have kids young, have the energy to be an active, involved mom and dad. I wish you the very best, and don't let other people push you around, especially on the topic of when to have a child. That is between you, hubby and God. No one even needs to know you are trying. We aren't going to tell anyone (except this forum) that we are going to try. Too much pressure!

I think I just need some reassurance because everyone I talk to tells me I'm too young and need to enjoy my marriage for a while.

You life and your marriage are what you make it. It's not for anyone else to decide when you're ready and what will make you happy.

I did things a bit out of order. Got pregnant at 18, married my boyfriend (the father) at age 20, got pregnant with DS at age 21. It was a tough road, but I would NEVER change one second of it.

Totally agree with the other posters. You should never listen to people. You lived together for 3 years. That makes a difference. Sometimes if you bring a child into a new marriage where people are still getting adjusted right after the dating phase it can be a problem. In your situation, I say if you and hubby are in agreement, then just forget everyone else.

Good luck in your tries! Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"