*NEW* April Mummys Group *2009* :)

Oohhh i might do the same then hanny who u going up with?

Happy bday ashy!!! hope ur having a lovely day!!

han i agree with melly im the same when i go out
x

I'm going up with marc & ava :) I think it's gonna be a night mare getting on the train with the buggy I wish I drove! Ashy got all the way to Oxford so I'm sure were be fine!

Melly - I read that earlier thinking who is she talking to but I understand it now lol I'm such a div lol

Happy birthday!!!

Layla has done 2 wee's on potty today!! Cut a long story slightly shorter, she kept weeing on the bathroom floor when i took her nappy off, so i got her a potty and she sits on and waits on there !! Had quite a few wee's and after her PM sleep if she's dry i'll stick her on!

Today I went for a wee, she came to see me, i said "mummy doing pee pee" lol. SHe went to the bathroom, got her potty and brought it to me. So i thought ok fine, took her nappy off and sat her on and she wee'd!! :happydance: SHe's too bloody clever by far this girl!

I'm starting potty training too :) I've tried her on the normal one but she just screams lol

I wanna start potty training to but i have to idea where to start any tips girls??? xx

It's actually very early hun but she'd show signs maybe pointing to nappy, or maybe just sit her on now and then to get her used to nappy off time etc

Wow, thats super! It is early though, but generally girls get it quicker. It doesn't hurt to have one around so they get used to what it looks like.

https://www.contentedbaby.com/books-potty_training.htm

Gives your an ideaof hwere to start, i'm not saying it's possible in a week though! It took my son ages! Esp with poo's. I personally recommend actually using pants though as pull up pants feel to much like a nappy and often they can't feel when they're wet to make the connection. I tried with my son at eighteen months he wasn't ready i tried again at just on two and didn't work, it took us until he was nearly three to get him sorted, BUT I was lucky cos he's always been dry through out the night.

I do think a lot of the time, if they see you using toilet and showing them they can sit on the potty then they will just do it all themselves. BUT praise and time are HUGELY important. We used to have to do a huge potty dance when my son succesfully used the potty esp with poos!

I'm off to yoga tonight I cannot wait! Catch ya all soon!

I was potty trained by 18 months so it is possible!
Alayna will be training soon. She points when she has pooed and she watches me go to the loo and always has. She hands me the loo roll, so we know how interested she is. She also likes to have us sit her on the toilet seat!

Ava is scared of the loo :| ive been trying for days and days, but she arches her back and screams the toilet and the potty, am i trying to early? x

A lot of our generation are told they were potty trained by the time they were 18 months but a lot of that the say is because it's more timed and routine than actually being potty trained as such, not sure how true that is?

Han - I think if she's scared and arches her back then put it off, the more you push her the more problems you'll cause. Try taking her to the shop and letting her choose her own potty, her own knickers, her own wipes etc this helps get them excited about it all, and then just leave the potty around the house so she gets used to it, sit some dolly's on it now and again so she gets the idea and if she sits on it even with her trousers on praise her loads! Praise can't be underestimated with potty training!

ive got a lil potty for her which she just sits in sometimes and she is always in the loo when i go lol ive get her sitting on it more to see how she goes! x x

Well apparently I loved it. I know I definately was potty trained very early as my auntie said I should start Alayna soon as I was loving going for wees and poos on the potty lol. Saying that my sister trained at 3 years 2 months so all children are different!

Im gonna hold out on ava, for another 1-2 months then try again.. she really doesnt like the loo

I was potty trained at 18 months as well, day and night I was dry by!!

I am actually getting a potty tonight and going to see what she does with it, they are soo clever these babies arent they!!
Soph does a poo then lays her change mat on the floor so I guess she knows what she wants done lol!

I wouldnt even attempt training just now lol, cant just imagine how it would go in this house, would likely end in screaming. Jessica is showing absolutely no signs of being ready but well done to u ladies who are doing well with it Kx

Hi the potty party,welcome to april mummies and how lovely with twins, bet they keep u on your toes? Kx

welcome!!

Welli bought a potty and so far soph has played with it and threw it around lol!
Think I will leave it another month or so, sh is telling me when to change her bum though so i guess thats a good sign

ava let me sit her on the loo today for 2 whole secs :) she has a new baby, its one that wees so i put it on the loo and it did a wee, and then put ava on and she stayed there with screaming for 2 secs :) yay x lol x

Sophie is so clever bless her! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"