New Bride to be here! help?

DizziSkittle

Leah's Mummy :) x
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

Ive recently got engaged and we have decided we want to get married in july 2014, ive had a little look around the internet at checklists and they talk about what to do asap, and what to do 16 months before etc,

well as its only a year and a half away im already panicing about what to do!

where did you ladies start?

ive already told people, set a month (not actual date), and got a colour scheme (we decided it a while ago)... completely lost as to what i do next.

Dying to start looking at dresses, but i think id look silly if someone asked me when im getting married lol x

tia Amy x

It's not too early to look at dresses! Best get it out of the way so you can sort your accessories and the bridal party's outfits. I would say just start scrapbooking and getting all of your ideas together, with a rough idea of costs, so you know what sort of wedding you want. Work out your budget and then find a venue. After that it's all fun :)

We got engaged on Christmas day and I've already contacted the church and picked our venue :haha: we haven't booked it yet though... I need a date from the vicar first :) Were looking at Feb 2014. I can't even look at dresses atm as I'm really rather pregnant, so I'm not going to be able to even look till I've lost some baby weight! I don't have a colour scheme yet either eeps. I've bought a hardback notebook to write important things/ideas down though!! Have fun :) xx

yeah i realy need to get my ideas down on paper too so dont forget them, but even then... i wont know where to start! might ask my mum for some help lol x

Deffo not to early to start anything!
I found the lists with times to do things rubbish as some things they say not to do til a month before the wedding and to me it's something I booked a year in advance!

First thing I'd do is sort out a rough number of guests you'd be looking at and what type of wedding you would like! Then go onto your wedding party and so on!

Good luck :)

Congratulations!!

Like the others have said, figure out the basics (numbers, style, date) and the rest will become clear. Once you have a date you can decide numbers and style. Once you know those you can decide on reception venue. Ie, if you want a small 60s themed wedding then you probably don't want to book a huge stately banquet hall for your reception :lol: But deffo have somewhere to write ideas down. All of mine is on my phone because inspiration hits me at the most inopportune times. Haha

I got a big notepad from smiths to use as my scrap book, it has all my cut outs from wedding magazines, quest list, helpful articles.

Write a rough guest-list and work out how much you can save and that will help you narrow down your venue.

Congratulations! I agree with what everyone else has said. Also it's not too early to look at dresses! I started looking about a year in advance but that's only because I was pregnant before. I would have started looking earlier if I wasn't pregnant. Good luck with it all! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->