**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Liz hehehe thats trivia for me. Love your story. Must have been so difficult to maintain a long distance relationship but hats off to you guys.
Elliot you guys are so adventurous but I bet it must have been fun and so romantic too.

Ok my story. Firstly, lil bit about me. I am from India, so is DH. But have been in US for a long time now. Dont know if you guys have any idea about Indian weddings. I was this damsel in distress when I met DH. Was involved in a relationship for 2 years(long-distance) before I met DH. It was a nasty break-up and hadnt gotten over it. My brother-in-law and my dad were friends. So it was my bro-in-law who introduced us and we hit it off instantly. Dated for 4 months and got married in this huge,colourful,chaotic Indian wedding with friends,family,relatives,distant relatives...the list would go on and on and on....but it was fun...still cherish those days...

Liz you're pictures are so lovely, and the church program is very elegant!!! Looks like you had a picture perfect day for your big ceremony, and LOVE that you wore the Stones t-shirt and ripped jeans for the smaller one! I wore jeans at my ceremony too!

We lost most of our pics though. Terrible story.... and DH hates to remember it... we got in the car after our ceremony and he's thumbing through the pictures on our NEW digital camera and says "UH OH." He'd fumbled fingered and accidentally erased everything on that memory card. I can laugh about it now, but at the time we were both shattered!

Those are good stats, Liz. There have been a few threads on 1st Tri recently about when people got their BFPs, and some of them weren't until like 18DPO! I don't know if that's because their OV was off, or just the beanie taking its dear sweet time.

This 2 year long distance relationship was with another guy.

Liz hehehe thats trivia for me. Love your story. Must have been so difficult to maintain a long distance relationship but hats off to you guys.
Elliot you guys are so adventurous but I bet it must have been fun and so romantic too.

Ok my story. Firstly, lil bit about me. I am from India, so is DH. But have been in US for a long time now. Dont know if you guys have any idea about Indian weddings. I was this damsel in distress when I met DH. Was involved in a relationship for 2 years(long-distance) before I met DH. It was a nasty break-up and hadnt gotten over it. My brother-in-law and my dad were friends. So it was my bro-in-law who introduced us and we hit it off instantly. Dated for 4 months and got married in this huge,colourful,chaotic Indian wedding with friends,family,relatives,distant relatives...the list would go on and on and on....but it was fun...still cherish those days...

Hee Hee! Have a really hard time picturing you as a damsel in distress, Anne! I know only a very little about traditional Indian weddings and would love to hear more! :happydance:

Liz wow lovely wedding pics as Elliot put it picture perfect and a perfect day as well. I love the wedding trousseau. So elegant.

Anne, I'm of indian background too!!! Goa, to be precise. Although I never lived in India (just visited). So we're actually a "mixed" couple and can't wait to have super cute mixed babies! My DH actually found an article about "hybrid vigor" babies and was thrilled :) It said something about the fact that our gene pools will be so different that you have like super-human pretty babies or something to that effect :hugs: I hope we all have babies soon!!! :baby:

We lost most of our pics though. Terrible story.... and DH hates to remember it... we got in the car after our ceremony and he's thumbing through the pictures on our NEW digital camera and says "UH OH." He'd fumbled fingered and accidentally erased everything on that memory card. I can laugh about it now, but at the time we were both shattered!

OMG, I would have killed him! Poor guy, he must have felt so gutted :cry:

My DH actually found an article about "hybrid vigor" babies and was thrilled :) It said something about the fact that our gene pools will be so different that you have like super-human pretty babies or something to that effect :hugs: I hope well all have babies soon!!! :baby:

"Super-human pretty babies"! Wow! That's worth waiting for!

OMG Liz you from Goa...reminds me of sun,sand and sin:winkwink:
Cant wait for you to have super-human pretty babies. I am so happy you started this thread, its actually working as a stress buster. Love you ladies. Just now got a good news, wanna share with you guys. DH had a SA test. Apparently every thing seems to be normal from the reports.

So any new pregger symptoms yet, Elliot?

Have you done any baby shopping?

Cant wait for you to have super-human pretty babies. I am so happy you started this thread, its actually working as a stress buster. Love you ladies. Just now got a good news, wanna share with you guys. DH had a SA test. Apparently every thing seems to be normal from the reports.

haha, Love the "sin" part!!

That's so awesome about his SA results!!
My obgyn gave me a referral for DH to get SA if we want to know.. So we might wait a few more weeks til we look at that... DH doesn't want to if he doesn't have to! :haha:

Yeah I know how reluctant men can be for a SA test. Our insurance was covering it, so we thought might well go for it. In fact we had thought of going for it even before TTC but better late than never. But Liz your super-human pretty babies, cant wait for you to make them.

WooHoo for the positive SA test Anne! Now that you know those swimmers are in tip-top shape you'll have to go get 'em! :happydance:

We had talked about starting some testing too, but my DH was super nervous as well. Those men are so sensitive about their "parts" working! :wacko: I always thought it would be way better if there was a problem with me 'cause I'm afraid that poor dear couldn't survive the wounded pride if his boys couldn't swim!

Yeah I know how reluctant men can be for a SA test. Our insurance was covering it, so we thought might well go for it.

So other than actually calling and having to say SA to them, how'd you find out if it's covered?

You are so right Elliot. Kept on praying these last couple of days that everything's ok with the SA test. I feel so relieved and positive now. Praise the Lord. Has it started snowing there in Maine? I know you love the snow. Its pretty cold here today, but no snow yet.

So any new pregger symptoms yet, Elliot?

Have you done any baby shopping?

Symptoms have been pretty mild so far (knock on wood). A bit of tummy trouble, sore BBs just came back, and very strange appetite (sometimes hungry, sometimes can't stand the thought of food). A bit tired, and easily out of breath. Gassy and bloated :haha: But all around feeling really good. Mostly just feel so happy.

Hoping everything's going well in there. Will feel a bit better after today is over because I had a super long cycle once (for me) where I actually had AF start on CD31 instead of 26 or 28 like normal. Today is my CD31, so even though I OV really early this month and I'm 20DPO, I'm a bit nervous that AF could show. I sometimes wonder if that one really long cycle was an early MC and I might have another. Really hoping not.

Haven't bought anything yet. Probably won't buy much for a little while, but are planning to buy our first PG book tonight. Excited to start reading it!

Yeah I know how reluctant men can be for a SA test. Our insurance was covering it, so we thought might well go for it.

So other than actually calling and having to say SA to them, how'd you find out if it's covered?

Well the insurance says it covers costs for "infertility" tests or something like till "infertility" is proved but nothing after that. So anything that is to correct an "infertility" would not be covered.

oooh, what are you buying?
I ordered "what to expect when you're expecting" off ebay b/c DH would not stop pestering me about buying the book! Hasn't arrived yet.

My gf recommended "baby wise" as a good book, btw!

hmm, just decided to suck it up and call to ask and she said we'd have to pay for the leftover deductible (which is like $200) plus 10% of the test. They cover 90%.

We had a very brief snow flurry a few weeks ago, Anne. Just enough big, fluffy flakes to be beautiful. Cold as heck today, but no snow. May get some for Thanksgiving I'm hearing.

How are feeling symptom-wise, Liz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"