New curved FRERs....anyone?

TinyLynne

Reaction score
In July I got a BFP on one of these, and then they got progressively darker before starting to get lighter and lead to bleeding. This was a 4th loss. I did betas to confirm with the first 3, but not the 4th (I figured why waste money on blood tests until I get to a certain point anymore)

Also, we found out that DH has a balanced translocation, so losses are going to be a common thing for us.

Fast forward to this morning, I think I'm 9 DPO (temps didn't quite jump, but rose slowly) and I get a faint BFP this morning. In the time limit, it's pink and I wouldn't even call it a squinter, clear in all light and angles, just faint. I've had a feeling that I'm pg for a few days now, so I wasn't surprised. But now I'm reading about all kinds of evaps on these. I completely trust the old ones, never failed me, I saw many stark white ones! And some bfps confirmed by betas.

Now I'm wondering if this morning might be an evap even though it showed up quick and pink...

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I may have DH take one to make sure there is no line.

It's hard to see on the pic, it's much clearer in person. It's definitely a BFP, I just wonder if it's a false one after seeing other people's posts and pictures.

I'll try to post it though, it will be a minute, it's on my phone.

Hard to see in the pic, but it's definitely there, this was only a few minutes after taking it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
Ya I totally see the line, usually evap lines are more grey and I see a pink hue! How many tests have you taken? I'd take one in the morning and if it is another line id say you are Preg!

Yeah, I know it's a BFP, i only took this one, I'll do a digital tomorrow or maybe even later today, lol.

I've just read so many people have false positives on these (not even evaps) and that got me wondering. I'll have to try a different brand to confirm.

It's easily the darkest I've had at 9 DPO so far!

It seems the consensus on other places around the web is that these new FRERs suck! I guess I'll know soon!

Something good to know (totally just read an article about these tests!! how weird) is that they do not have evap lines at all. Not possible with the FRER tests. The curved ones are the same as the straight ones. So if you see a line, it's there. No possibility of evap.

:thumbup:

There was a thread in the pregnancy tests section that was full of experience of false positives - go get that digital! :)

Thanks Nova! I have never ever had one on the old design. All have been BFN or true BFP. I just started reading so many bad things on this new one. I really have read a lot of reviews on the new ones too where a lot of people get false positives, not evaps, but actual positives that aren't real. I kept reading that there was a video of a lady who dipped one in water and got a positive, but I haven't looked for it.

I know they worked for me last time, and I really do think it is real, but I will get another test to prove it!

That looks just like my first BFP on the new frer with this pregnancy. I don't think it's a false positive or an evap. 😊

I took a dollar general test, didn't see anything at first, then realized in a certain angle, it's there. And a blue dye early result test from there too, and there is a faint line on that, so I'm thinking it's real! Will do a digi in a few days!

Confirmed with Clearblue digital! Maybe the false positive comments were only on certain batches.... Of course I haven't used one of these when I wasn't pregnant yet....

Congrats!! I also got a BFP at 9 DPO with the new ones, and didn't have any problems with them. I think some people must have just got some bad batches.

Congrats Kitteh! I agree, that must be what it is.

Yay! congrats on the BFP!!!

Google can be so unforgiving sometimes! haha, always dangerous. Especially when symptom spotting, am I right?! LOL

Absolutely right! You can find something to support whatever you want it to and something to contradict it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->