New Fertility monitor claims to be as good as IVF!!

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I came across this fertility monitor at Boots. But I am actually quite annoyed at how they have advertised it. They state:

- DuoFertility is a non-invasive, easy-to-use fertility monitor for women, proven to be as good as IVF
- A compelling success rate – when tested with 99 couples who were IVF candidates, the pregnancy rate after 6 months of use was the same as for a cycle of IVF.

I don't know how they quote these IVF stats when most people who have IVF cannot concieve naturally anyway so I don't understand how they can use this as a comparison. I think it is very misleading. :shrug: What do you think? has anyone tried this monitor? it is very costly.

https://www.boots.com/en/DuoFertility-fertility-monitor_1154436/

omg 500 bucks, Thats a lot, However its intresting that if your not pregnant within 1 year you get you money back, As long as you follow guidelines,

omg 500 bucks, Thats a lot, However its intresting that if your not pregnant within 1 year you get you money back, As long as you follow guidelines,

Yes, that's quite an incentive. CBFM doesn't offer a money back guarantee.

Quite a strange one - however it does have a "suitability" questionnaire which I filled out and it asked me to send them my details so that I could have a further consultation with the "experts"

I filled in the questionnaire and got told I need a consultation when I used our real details, however when I lied....... I'd be curious to see if it did actually work on real women and not just 'test subjects' however who is really going to pay £500 for another gadget?!

Quite a strange one - however it does have a "suitability" questionnaire which I filled out and it asked me to send them my details so that I could have a further consultation with the "experts"

Lol, I filled that out too. I am waiting for the 'experts' to get back to me.

Ha! Also filled form in and would need further consultation :)

I don't get it. When you read more about it, it's pretty much like charting - it measures your temperature, and you can put in info about opks, cervical mucus etc. Of course it would get more reliable temperature results, but other than that, where's the benefit? Or did I miss something? :shrug:

How can a fertility monitor claim to be as good as IVF? that's just nonsense.
We use fertilityfrined.com for temps and use OPKs. I don't understand what this thing can add up to those. And it's also very very expensive. It's not nice of them to advertise like that IMO.

Oh well I did the questionnaire and it's perfect for me. I won't be paying 500 pounds though.

This machine is just a posh way of combining temps charting, CM and so on. It is not rocket science to do it yourself. Can't believe they charge 500 pounds for it. No wonder they have the funding to pay a team of 'fertility experts' to be at hand.

I also don't understand how they can get away with quoting that it's as good as IVF! :shrug:

I used this when it was in testing stage and did not get a BFP but thats just my experience xxx

You wear the sensor all day so is supposed to give a more accurate idea of when ovulation is but other than that it gives you no more chance than pinpointing ovulation, also it is not reliable when on meds xx

they told me I wouldn't be eligible for the money back guarantee due to my PCOS... no way will I spend £500 on one!

hey!
that's the thingy that measures your temperature x times a day, right? as far as I know you only need your basal temperature - and you can only measure that one once a day ... I use a cyclotest baby (it's quite new in the uk) and you can add another fertilty sign to your temperature data. a friend of mine used it sucessfully :) they've got quite a good hotline! as I am new I can't post links but google should give you the infos you need.
good luck!

wow thats pretty crazy.. i just filled out the suitability form and they are going to email me back to say if its suitable or not... Read the blurb on what it does and it says that it can help women even with PCOS and a blocked tube?! (i have a blocked tube) sounds a little too good to be true... i just dont get how it actually works- i know it says you stick a patch under your arm but how does it gather all the info?

How can it guarantee something like that. Ppl might not even be ovulating, they might have blocked tubes and peeing on that thing isnt going to do jack about that.

Quite glad I didnt see this earlier as I probably would have forked out for it through sheer desperation and got preg without it helping one jot.

The sensor goes under your arm and its supposed to be more reliable as it goes by average so a bad nights sleep or colds dont screw up temps but as for blocked tubes that would be impossible as you still ovulate with a blocked tube!

i'm thinking of getting one tbh -

i have contacted them and spoken to them at great length. i have pcos - opk's don't work with me i've tried the lot lol, doing my bbt is really difficult as i work shift patterns which can cover 24hrs of the day, whenever i've tried to do it i can never get it right.

they have said to me that even with the pcos their money back guarantee stands and even if it didn't they do also send a report to your gp/fs after 4 months with your information and any tests they suggest they do for you - which (i can only speak for myself) would be amazing i'm fighting for each test from my fs he just isn't interested, he won't even give me metformin because it isn't 'fashionable' to him and he doesn't belive in it.

so to me although 500 is a high price tag, paying £20 per packet of cb opks just incase it happens to pick anything up, then the ic's just incase again (which i use every day and i know is silly but what else am i to do), and then throw in the odd pregnancy test here and there, it'd work out about the same if i pay the deposit and then pay it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->