New forum look :(

How can we edit posts?

I've changed a couple of settings - would you mind trying to edit a post again and let us know if that worked?

And is there a way to switch to desktop view on mobiles? I have never been a fan of mobile sites and I want to be able to see signatures. I don't have a computer.

Xenforo uses what's called a "responsive" design - there's no explicit mobile display. The site determines the capabilities of the viewing device and serves up an appropriate view/version of the site, which may exclude certain items from being seen. You may want to try one of the other themes to see if it works better on your mobile device?

Thank you! I found my posts but not those I made yesterday. They’re gone for now. Maybe they’ll show up later on?

The search indexing may take a fair amount of time - they'll eventually show up, but the process is pretty intensive and slow, especially since the search index needs to be created from scratch for this migration.

How can we edit posts?

And is there a way to switch to desktop view on mobiles? I have never been a fan of mobile sites and I want to be able to see signatures. I don't have a computer.
I've found changing the settings to default works better on my phone than the baby and bump one. Still not ideal, but better x

I like it, will take some adjusting. xx

I revoke my previous comment for now I was on a desktop, signatures are the best part and I can’t seem to get them back on my phone.

When I request the desktop version, no changes are made likely due to the server “accommodation”

Following this while kinks get sorted out!

Xx

I'm not feeling the "threads you ignore" and "posts you ignore" are relevant as they're ignored by choice lol. I miss the CP with updated posts in subscribed threads too, makes things easier than having to browse the entire forum to find active threads you've used.

I've changed a couple of settings - would you mind trying to edit a post again and let us know if that worked?

Fantastic editing works

Xenforo uses what's called a "responsive" design - there's no explicit mobile display. The site determines the capabilities of the viewing device and serves up an appropriate view/version of the site, which may exclude certain items from being seen. You may want to try one of the other themes to see if it works better on your mobile device?
Well that majorly stinks. No signatures are available on any of the three themes and they all have the mobile look I can't stand

Also not enjoying how many steps I have to go through to get to subscribed posts when it used to be my homepage.

I've found changing the settings to default works better on my phone than the baby and bump one. Still not ideal, but better x

That's the one I can stand the least. Yuk yuk yuk! Alerts are easier to access but that's the only thing going for it.

I'm way too pregnant and hormonal to deal with this right now. I cant find my own flipping journal easily. All my bookmarks are broken and I don't know how to replace them on my phone. I'm ready to throw my phone against the wall in frustration.

I don't want to see people's huge-ass annoying moods, I want to see their user stats and signatures.

Why did they "fix" what wasn't broken?

I'm so not a fan of this new look either. Really annoyed with how this site works switching to mobile and how we see other poster stats too......

Been a member for 4 almost 5 years and all my "thanks" aka "likes" have been removed as well. This is not an upgrade imho.

Happy to see that signatures are now visible again! Thank you

What happened to the check box to hide or show your signature when you post? Am I blind or is it gone?

What happened to the check box to hide or show your signature when you post? Am I blind or is it gone?

If you're talking about the one on the old platform where you could uncheck the box and it would not display the signature for only that post, I don't believe that is possible on Xenforo.

If we could get used cp back that would be great. I really do not like this new set up but I can learn to cope if I at least have the user cp

If we could get used cp back that would be great. I really do not like this new set up but I can learn to cope if I at least have the user cp

The User CP (as it existed under the old forum software) doesn't exist on Xenforo - it's been replaced by this functionality found at the upper left of each page by clicking on your username:

upload_2018-9-29_7-22-41.png

By no means is this a replacement, but perhaps if you could let us know what functionality it was under User CP that you're missing, we can suggest an alternative under the new forum software?

Is there a way to see all the new/unread posts like before? It used to be on the homepage with subscribed threads. I'm struggling with this the most as I've never really browsed individual categories.

You can click on new posts to see unread posts. If you want to see posts that you have replied to that have new responses then click "watched threads" :)

You can click on new posts to see unread posts. If you want to see posts that you have replied to that have new responses then click "watched threads" :)

Further to this, here are the links that give you these features:

upload_2018-9-29_10-35-12.png

Watched threads and forums will show just a list of forums or threads that you've subscribed to, and the "New Posts" link will show all new posts since your last visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->