New forum look :(

Anyone else having issues with html code showing rather than the correct characters?

Anyone else having issues with html code showing rather than the correct characters?

Can you link me to a post that has an example of this?
Will be easier to track it down that way.

Thanks,

Can you link me to a post that has an example of this?
Will be easier to track it down that way.

Thanks,
Its in GS. So I'd rather not put it out here . if i comment as a reply to the post can you find?

Its in GS. So I'd rather not put it out here . if i comment as a reply to the post can you find?

No, the hidden boards are pretty hidden. You could post a link to it and if someone doesn't have permission it won't let them in there anyway. Even an admin.

I think I found it though.

I'm not sure what caused that. If I had to guess, it's because the post was made Wednesday (Which was before the switch to Xenforo) so it was using some old code (Font or color probably) that worked on the old board but doesn't work here. Or it got mangled when all the posts were imported.

If such a thing happens on a new post let me know.

#8217 is the HTML code for ' which makes sense in that sentence. If I click edit on the post in question, it shows me the code too. So it's not just a display issue.

Wobbles, where did that one post about the extra you know what go? :haha: I can't find it anywhere! I wanted to tell you that the option isn't available for me.

I'm honestly still getting used to the new look. Wow! Is it different or what? I honestly miss the old site for its much simpler use. And were our old journals deleted??? If so I'm really bummed about that...

I'm honestly still getting used to the new look. Wow! Is it different or what? I honestly miss the old site for its much simpler use. And were our old journals deleted??? If so I'm really bummed about that...
As far as I know they're all still here :). Try checking your watched threads.

The layout is okay but what im sad about is the thanks are all gone and you cant see how many posts anyone has made ? Ive been a member since 2010 and while it may seem silly i was proud to show i was a dedicated member and loved this place.

if you use the desktop version you can see post counts, but not the thanks. :)

Reactions: ama
Wobbles, where did that one post about the extra you know what go? :haha: I can't find it anywhere! I wanted to tell you that the option isn't available for me.
I have no idea what you mean... it is possible I need more coffee this morning :rofl:

Pop me a PM lovely <3

Noooooo they are not deleted.

I do always advise to take a print or copy of them onto your own home computer though.

<3

Check the URL. I've noticed heaps of links don't work since the change. I had to find my journal on the forums, then go in and manually change the link to my journal for my sig. Forgot to take notice of what was different with the link though.

I have no idea what you mean... it is possible I need more coffee this morning :rofl:

Pop me a PM lovely <3
Oh it's okay hun, you already answered me in the other thread about the update. It was about the Retro theme, I was telling you it was not available as an option. I didn't realize that that's red was for the old website though :dohh:. I'm the one who still needs my coffee apparently. :haha:

Due to some weird glitch, my post is showing up before posts that were made before me :haha:.

Screenshot_20181012-093626.jpg

If you're seeing a lot of those we can run a utility that should fix them. If it's just a few people can post the link to the thread and we can fix them manually. I don't think there's a lot.
It's the only one I've seen so far! I'll let you know if I see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->