New forum look :(

I hate it.. Where are the smilies :O
It's not that bad surely? :ninja: I know adjusting is stressful, I'm in the same boat but the last forum design from our original BnB I thought was awful! I'm not going to lie, I refused to use that template. You have so many features here to make the forum more ad free and fun. I fully support this move but like any website we need to do that adjusting and iron out the odd issue. Anything you bring to the teams attention is helpful.

As for the smilies, they vanished ... I think that was me :lol: while trying to move them into some kind of usable order (believe me they were all over the place) I appear to have broke them. I did notice I couldn't use them on the forum and I reached out to the tech team who have obviously got them back up and going. I apologise for anything I break in advance 8-[

Advanced Search has been disabled now that the default search is indexed.
Watched Threads link will open all your subscribed threads now

I'm getting used to it. I'm definitely enjoying less ads. When I first came on i hated it so much :haha:

Sometimes when I post it goes to a white page and gets stuck there. I have to backspace to get out of it. The post gets posted. Is anyone else having this issue?

I get that sometimes too but when I go back the post I've done is still there.

Were you aware this website is no longer secure?

Were you aware this website is no longer secure?
If you're referring to it not using ssl, it's always been that way. We'll be implementing ssl (https) soon.

It's not that bad surely? :ninja: I know adjusting is stressful, I'm in the same boat but the last forum design from our original BnB I thought was awful! I'm not going to lie, I refused to use that template. You have so many features here to make the forum more ad free and fun. I fully support this move but like any website we need to do that adjusting and iron out the odd issue. Anything you bring to the teams attention is helpful.

As for the smilies, they vanished ... I think that was me :lol: while trying to move them into some kind of usable order (believe me they were all over the place) I appear to have broke them. I did notice I couldn't use them on the forum and I reached out to the tech team who have obviously got them back up and going. I apologise for anything I break in advance 8-[

LOL, I was :holly:being dramatic.. I don't hate it, I just hate change.. I'll get used to it

Yeah it's a big change I've been using the same format for what 9 nearly 10 years and I don't like change :lol: I'm sure I'll figure out what I'm doing I just liked how it was before.

I hate it so much that I haven't logged on in days. :cry: Don't know if I'll continue using the site or not - seem to be losing interest, which sucks because I really liked it here.

LOL, I was :holly:being dramatic.. I don't hate it, I just hate change.. I'll get used to it
Yeah it's a big change I've been using the same format for what 9 nearly 10 years and I don't like change :lol: I'm sure I'll figure out what I'm doing I just liked how it was before.
Totally with you on that... me too! I was kinda dreading this move but it’s not so bad if I stop breaking things :rofl:

<3

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but I'm no longer getting notifications for new replies on threats that I've posted in. I'm using the mobile version of the website. Also some of the threads I've posted it or not showing up in watched threads, even when I select show all threads. Also one more issue I've noticed with the mobile version is there's no edit button on your posts.

Why? It’s not like we’re banking here... :lol:

A lot of browsers/devices these days will scare people off non HTTPS sites by telling them it's not secure. So it's better for traffic to have it.
Also it is more secure, so say someone couldn't get your password and use it to get into another account of yours on another site.

I was kinda dreading this move but it’s not so bad if I stop breaking things :rofl:

If you ever have questions about AdminCP let me know, @ me or whatever.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but I'm no longer getting notifications for new replies on threats that I've posted in. I'm using the mobile version of the website. Also some of the threads I've posted it or not showing up in watched threads, even when I select show all threads. Also one more issue I've noticed with the mobile version is there's no edit button on your posts.

Looking at your account preferences, it seems you have that shut off.

If you go to https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/account/preferences

Look for "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and make sure the box is checked.

I have 2 major issues with the new format, i wonder if they are permanent or just part of teething problems?

1) The titles of my posts to forums have disappeared. I used detailed titles in my journal to keep track of things and to make it easy for myself to come back to a specific post. (For example my weekly updates were numbered, whereas my chats/responses to comments were not). I now have to check which date each post was made (and do some math) to know during which week of pregnancy i posted it. Will the titles reappear or are they gone forever? :cry:

2) The link to my journal in my signature just leads nowhere, and I have searched options in my journal but couldn't find any "linkback" url. Is there a way to have a link in my signature that can take me to my journal with 1 click?

1) The titles of my posts to forums have disappeared.

They are probably lost. Xenforo doesn't support post titles as far as I know.

2) The link to my journal in my signature just leads nowhere,

The links on Xenforo have a different format, so you might need to change it.
If this is your journal the link is :
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/threads/bloblos-rainbow-edd-15-october-2018.2456843/

The easiest way to get the link would be to go to the first page of the thread, and copy the URL in the URL bar.

Another way would be to copy the link location on the date stamp of the first post in your journal thread.:
#1 Bloblo, Feb 3, 2018

The Feb 3, 2018 is a link. So if on a desktop you could right click it and copy link location. Or if on a touch screen touch and hold, and a copy link option should come up.

They are probably lost. Xenforo doesn't support post titles as far as I know.

The links on Xenforo have a different format, so you might need to change it.
If this is your journal the link is :
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/threads/bloblos-rainbow-edd-15-october-2018.2456843/

The easiest way to get the link would be to go to the first page of the thread, and copy the URL in the URL bar.

Another way would be to copy the link location on the date stamp of the first post in your journal thread.:
#1 Bloblo, Feb 3, 2018

The Feb 3, 2018 is a link. So if on a desktop you could right click it and copy link location. Or if on a touch screen touch and hold, and a copy link option should come up.

Thanks for the fast response. I managed to get the journal link to work again now - awesome!
Too bad about the titles of posts though, I will miss them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->