New girl

Claudia123

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am new to this site and also new to TTC. We are going to start to really try around the end of October. I feel pretty overwhelmed right now and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

My H and I want to go into this pretty aggressively as I am 29 and he is 34. We are wondering what methods work the best? We were thinking of tracking my temperature to see what time of the month I am ovulating. Is that a good plan for now?

The concern right now is that my periods are all out of wack because I was on the depo shot and have just got my first sign of a period since stopping the shot in January.

Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to BnB, we're all a bit mad in here so don't worry about us seeming mad! hahaha

I'm Susanne, 25 with 2 DD's, been TTC no 3 for 27 months now. I was also on the depo, evil thing it is! Yeah I'd chart your temps or do OPK's (or both!) because the depo can sometimes mess with you OVing....

Jump in and ask all the questions you have
xxx

Charting your temp is a great way to find out if you are ovulating.. i use Fertility Friend Its super easy and charts everything for you.

hey! i chart my temps and have just began checking cm....i'm glad i'm doing both now so i'm really getting to know my body...never thought i'd want to know this much hahhaha good luck :dust:

Hello and Welcome!!! Hopefully you don't have too much trouble TTC after the depo. I was on it for 5 years and it took about 6 months for me to get pregnant afterwards. As the others said charting your temp is a great idea. I would use one of the trackers so that you don't get lost in it all. Ovulation kits are really great as well. When I was TTC my last LO I used them all month as I usually ovulated days later then my charts told me I would. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Thanks for the tip for fertility friend. I think I might need something like that as all of this chart paper looks a bit daunting right now.

I have been off of depo since January (last shot was last Oct.) so I am hoping it won't affect things too much. I have been spotting since August 10th, so who knows what is going on.

Now it says that you should start charting the first day of your period, but since I have no idea what is going on with that, is it okay if I start charting now just to see what is going on? Like I said..been spotting a few weeks now..who knows how long that will last. I could be waiting awhile for it to stop and start again.

try reading through this...theres alot of info but you might find something on there that can help.
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...reasing-your-chances-fertility-naturally.html

I just stopped Depo and have been charting even tho i have not had a period yet. I would suggest doing it just to get used to it and see what is going on with you body.

Hi to everyone :hi:- just joined up today as TTC my 3rd at the ripe old age of 38, will be 39 in 4 days!! My oldest is 19 & the "wee one" almost 12...
Have been on POP (Cerazette)since April this year, just stopped it a week ago - previously was on CP and implant before that so basically havent had a true cycle for about 10 years so am a bit scared that I may be disappointed & it will take ages to get a BFP if at all?! So glad i found this site & will be on here constantly, will try not to get too obsessed with TTC but know i will lol

Any replies, advise, tips etc will all be much appreciated :thumbup: x

welcome! i've learned so much from this site in just a couple of weeks. it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

b/c of this site i used my optk earlier than i normally would and got a +.

if things don't go our (me and dh) way this month (which hopefully they will) i'm going to starting charting my temp.

cheers and i look forward to more of your posts!!!
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"