new here! 1st opk attempt.

blumoonmelody

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching around and can not find the answers. Looking for help. I am not familiar with opk and this was my first go at it. I tested and the first two days the lines were dark but not as dark or darker than the control line so I took that as a negative. Each day the line got darker. (I also only tested in the morning which I have now read isn't the best time.) On the morning of the third day, the lines were equal. I took that as a positive. That evening had sex.I got to reading and went and took another test and the lines were close but i couldnt tell and it seemed like it was going lighter. The next morning it was definately lighter and this evening it was so faint the line was barely there. Could someone please explain what this means to me? Did we miss the surge? Did we get the timing right? Does the fading into nothing mean that the egg is gone or that it has dropped? I would so much appreciate some insight into this. Thanks so much!

This is my first month too, but I think you only surge for 1 maybe 2 days and that's it. So your tests seem right! Good luck

Thanks so much! You too! I'm just trying to figure out if I timed it right or if I missed it. Lol. Gets confusing.

Typically you will only get one positive OPK, but some women can get 3 days of positives. And you ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after an LH serge is detected.

Sounds like your OPK detected a serge, as it got lighter after the positive it's safe to assume this.

Though it doesn't mean you ovulated, only temping can confirm ovulation.

Sounds like you caught your surge and have probably ovulated! Some women get just one day of positive OPK's and others get 2-3.

Cool! So with the information above, when would have been the best time for intercourse?

They say you ovulate (and I said, 'say' because you can get a positive and not ovulate) 12-48 hours after a positive OPK.

The best time to BD is the days leading up to O, O day and even the day after O.

Cool! So with the information above, when would have been the best time for intercourse?

Don't know how it posted that question twice! So it looks like we hit it. Assuming dh count is in a good place after vr in march, we may be on to something...thanks so much for the info!!

Hi. There are tons of intercourse calculators out there, but I know this one matches up well with the research I've done. https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/intercourse_timing_calculator.php OPKs are great for knowing when to expect your period, but they're mostly useful once you've used them for a couple months - for instance, I know after using them for awhile that I ovulate closer to cycle day 18, not 14 like the average woman, so I aim for day 18 in my timing. I aim for sex every other day the week up til O - your best shot is in the two or three days before ovulation.

Generally, your first positive OPK indicates, as the other ladies have said, ovulation in 12 to 48 hours. When I track it, I usually consider O day the day after my first positive. It can take up to a few days for the surge of hormones to subside, or it can subside right away like it did for you, but you always base ovulation on the first positive.

I am going to check that out! With my positive 12-36 hrs-bd, followed by the negative-bd again, I'm hoping we got it. I know it's best to have sperm waiting for the egg by bding before ovulation but I'm working with a low count. If I don't get a bfp this month, I'll try before and after next month. This gets tricky!

If you have to choose, before is better than after. Good luck to you!

Thanks! If I don't get a bfp this month, which I will be surprised because I am getting sicker by the day-could just be getting sick though because I have a lot going on, then I am going to play with timing and chart in addition to opk next month. When I did charting alone it took two cycles for dd and one cycle for the next dd. My body is pretty much like clockwork but it's been a while since I've done this and opk's are a different animal! Fx! Baby dust for you!

My BD schedule with a pos OPK goes as follows: Pos OPK in AM, BD that night, then the next day in the AM and PM. If I got a pos OPK in the PM, we did NOT BD that night, then the next day we BD in AM and PM, and then the following day in the AM. I've used OPK's three times, each time I got pg, the second time was unfortunately a MC.

I find digitals so much easier, less guess work but use what you've got. You definitely got your surge, you saw it get darker then lighter. Now that you know what to expect, it's just a matter of familiarizing yourself for next time, if there's a next time b.c who knows you might have gotten pg.

My BD schedule with a pos OPK goes as follows: Pos OPK in AM, BD that night, then the next day in the AM and PM. If I got a pos OPK in the PM, we did NOT BD that night, then the next day we BD in AM and PM, and then the following day in the AM. I've used OPK's three times, each time I got pg, the second time was unfortunately a MC.

I find digitals so much easier, less guess work but use what you've got. You definitely got your surge, you saw it get darker then lighter. Now that you know what to expect, it's just a matter of familiarizing yourself for next time, if there's a next time b.c who knows you might have gotten pg.

I am so sorry for your loss!

Thank you so much for this info!!

Thanks! My only concern is that it went positive the evening before where I didn't test. Don't know if that could make a difference or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->