New Here-help me stay sane?

AprilP

Reaction score
Hi there,
I thought I'd better join some group because I'm driving myself crazy over every little twinge I get.

I'm a mother of 5 so I should be used to this, but I was quite surprised to get pregnant 15 years after my youngest child. We have busy professional lives and thought our baby making was long over. What changed since then to cause my worry?

I am 36 and my husband is 46. He is now a type 2 diabetic. I am now 21 pounds over ideal body weight..(medical, not my own) I took a long HOT Jacuzzi on our anniversary last week not knowing I was 4 weeks pregnant... and now I just imagine the damage I did! I've never dreaded M/C with my others and wonder if its nature somehow trying to warn me and save me from the pain and heart ache.

My last HCG was 3310 two days ago, my breasts hurt, my uterus feels heavy (?) I also have terrible gas which just fuels my imagination. Have you/do you feel this way? How do you remain productive with it always on your mind?! I'm going nuts or already am.

April

I am currently in my 4th week (technically 10dpo).. and I am in the same boat as you! Super anxious about every ache or pain. However, I am trying to reduce all stress in my life and try to enjoy my pregnancy. Aches and pains are common in pregnancy - our bodies are changing and adjusting to support a life. Just take care of your diet, take your vitamins and get proper rest :)

Stop worrying. Just remember there are women out there in their 40s who drink, smoke, and do drugs and they dont have MCs. (Not condoning ANY of that of course, but making a point.)

So I'm sure you're fine and didn't do any damage. I've never heard that a hot tub is a bad thing during first tri, anyway..? But, even if it is, worrying doesn't do any good. Try to enjoy being pregnant, watch some happy stuff, take some relaxation time, and feel good about yourself and your life. Stressing yourself out isn't gonna help anyone, so take it easy girl! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->