New here- TTC and neg OPK

luvmypups

Reaction score
Hi

I am new here. MY DH of 6 years (known him for 14) are TTC #1
He is 52 and no known health problems. I am 38, never been pg, had ovarian cysts which dissolved, cycle is pretty consistent at 24-27 days depending on diet and exercise.

We tried for 3 months last year (Sept). I though I was pg, once but never got BFP and got AF after 5 days late. That was so disappointing :(
I went to GYN a couple weeks later and was told all was normal and that the ultrasound actually showed I was ovulating on the right side.

We took a few months off. I had my gallbladder removed in Dec and a labrum repair in my hip in April.

We've been trying for a since July. Both of us are now taking Fertilaid. I started tracking my BBT last month and used a OPK this month.

Here's the thing- BBT dropped at CD 12 and 13 (no rise yet) OPK is still negative.

Timing Chart says ovulation should have been 3 days ago... we got friendly, but if I didn't ovulate it doesn't matter.

This is my first time using OPK and not sure how accurate they really are.
I took it 6 days in a row (digital CBE), first morning urine.

Any advice and support is welcome :confused:

Welcome lmp!

As far as I know, if your temperature hasn't risen then you haven't ovulated yet. It needs to go up and stay up for the 3 days in a row before ovulation can be confirmed.

Sending you lots of :dust:

Hi

I am having problems with opk as well. Although i ovulate they are always negative, so not sure how accurate they are.

As manuiti says no temp.rise for 3 consecutive days means you have not ovulated yet.

With opk you dont use 1st morning urine. It is advisable to test anytime from 11 am. Your urine has to be very concentrated so hold it for 2 hours and reduce liquid intake. I test few times a day to see if i can catch the surge. I might consider not using opk as so far they havent worked for me.

What Sus09 said :thumbup: holiding the pee is critical and TIMING of test is too.

The LH hormone synthesizes during the day so MOST (not all) people won't get a + opk with FMU (first morning urine), so the first couple of cycles until you get to know your body it's worth testing twice a day, maybe lunchtime and early evening.

But temping is the only way to really confirm O, so keep at the temping, just use the opk as an additional info, and keep up the BD until you get your temp rise GL.

I took another OP test this morning neg :growlmad:

Here's my temp chart for the past few days, although I do think I need to change the way I do it because I'm not sure it's accurate enough? (first thing in morning, mouth)

CD 9 97.04
CD 10 97.10
CD 11 97.0
CD 12 97.04
CD 13 94.31
CD 14 95.0
CD 15 97.2

Now, I'm not sure if I tested accurately on mornings 13/14....

I have had a GYN confirm I ovulate, but maybe I don't every cycle :/

Something is very off about those two temps; can you like your chart so we can see it?

I'm not sure how to "like" my chart. I haven't used the one on here.

I've just been writing it down. I should really poke around and find all the neat tools ;)

I'm not sure how to "like" my chart. I haven't used the one on here.

I've just been writing it down. I should really poke around and find all the neat tools ;)

Look at 'My Ovulation Chart' in my siggy. That's fertility friend; take a look around. A lot of us here use it.

Btw, love your chocolate lab! I have one myself, his name is Barney.

Great site, thanks for the advice. I have new geek tools :happydance:

I am a mom to 2 chocolate labs.

My big boy is 3-1/2 yr (30 inches tall and 130 pounds), Triton Hershey.

My little girl is almost 3 yr (28 inches tall and 95 pounds), Lady Godiva.

Great site, thanks for the advice. I have new geek tools :happydance:

I am a mom to 2 chocolate labs.

My big boy is 3-1/2 yr (30 inches tall and 130 pounds), Triton Hershey.

My little girl is almost 3 yr (28 inches tall and 95 pounds), Lady Godiva.

Fabulous names!!!!

Kind of just re-iterating above. Also, take your OPK tests in the afternoon/evening ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->