new here

Marini_Mare

Harlow Sophia <3
Reaction score
my husband & I recently decided to ntnp & see what happens :winkwink: Not going to change anything except not using protection ;) I've been on BCP for about 8 years - started taking it for teenage acne (lol) stopped last year for 4 months while hubby was deployed in Iraq, to get a 'break', plus it helped me loose weight & tone up :bodyb: quicker at the gym, hehe... anyways, my last pill is Saturday & this is a little nerve wracking & exciting! :tease: how long does it take to bcp to "wear off"? I've been wanting a baby for months, and now that he's finally agreed I'm a little nervous about it actually happening, normal though right? :headspin:

Congrats and welcome!

I too started the pill for teenage acne back when I was about 14. I later switched to Depo and then Mirena IUD, however, I've read about lots of people on here who experience most pregnancy symptoms when coming off the pill as the hormones even out again. It can apparently take anywhere from a couple months up to a full year for the hormones to completely balance out so just take your time and have fun with it!

yeah I remember having symptoms when I stopped taking it last year (although knew I wasn't since DH was in Iraq lol) going to pretend like I'm not stopping, I'm always forgetting to take it anyways :dohh: going to try and not go crazy with symptom spotting lol:thumbup:

good luck with that! :)

I think the first month is the worst. Last month, I'll admit I was completely obsessed with getting pregnant and wanted to do EVERYTHING perfectly to ensure a BFP by the end of the cycle. I symptom-spotted like crazy, convinced myself I must be pregnant, the whole nine yards. Of course it didn't happen and I was super devastated for the first few days of cycle two. I started this cycle less obsessed and have gotten even less so as the cycle has passed so I'm hoping it stays this way - stress-free and fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->