New here...

chaznchipz

Officially WTT
Reaction score
Hi
Im new here and I just thought I'd introduce myself and say "Hi"

The reason I'm here is that my partner of 6 and a half years proposed in September and obviously I said yes!! We have been living together for 2 years and I am due to graduate university in July. Alot of our friends and family members have young children and I have always said I never wanted kids because I'm not a very mumsy person and have alot of my own interests and hobbies that I like to focus on, as well as being a bit of a career girl. My partner has a sister much younger than him, and he looked after her alot when she was little, whereas until recently, I've never really been in contact with children. He is the very fatherly type and kept bugging me for kids (even when we were 18!!!) and I always said no!!

I do like children, I am going to train to become a primary school teacher eventually and I teach drama classes to kids of an evening, but I just couldn't picture myself looking after them full time, like a mum. I like my "me" time too much and felt I was too selfish and enjoyed life too much to be tied down with a child to look after.

Lately though Ive had a change of heart... I have been through alot this year with various illnesses that I wont go into depth about here and ended up in hospital and I thought I was on my last legs to be honest. Luckily I am coming through the other side now and am getting better but the gutting thing is that because of my illness my periods have stopped and even though
I'm pretty much better now they haven't come back. I haven't had one for 5 months and am getting pretty distressed. In the past this wouldn't have bothered me, I'd have thought "GREAT NO PERIODS... YAY!" but its making me think about my future now if you know what I mean...

Any who, I'm going for some tests and stuff in a months time to check things out if they haven't returned, as my doctor hopes they will return in time and I will get back to having a regular cycle etc. But something inside me tells me that I am really going to have trouble when TTC... and I feel its all my fault for some reason. I shouldn't have been so negligent about it all in the past and I shouldn't have said I never wanted any children. I feel so selfish. I feel like I'm going to be letting my partner down if it doesn't happen for us as he wants kids so much and has done for a long time...

We are wanting to start trying Jan 2010 as we think that would be a good time, financially and for me mentally and physically but I can't stop thinking that it won't ever happen for us... With my friends children etc. I have become so broody its unreal and my maternal instincts are racing round everywhere, its like I'm a mummy bird making it's nest!!! I'm a changed person, researching everywhere about the best ways to conceive and such like.

Did anyone else ever not want children? And does anyone have constant thoughts that you will never get pregnant? Also, how long have all you WTT's out there been hanging on?

Sorry about the long post, just had to get it off my chest, thanks for reading...

Charlotte.xxx

Welcome to the forum.
Please don't feel angry with yourself for not having children earlier. It wasn't selfish, you just wern't ready.

I really hope you get good news from the doctors soon
:hug:

Welcome to the forum!

It's not your fault you fell ill! And the body takes time to heal. I'm sure you'll get your periods back!

Welcome hun
Thankyou for sharing your story xx

Hi & welcome.

Glad to hear your on the mend. Hope thingsreturn to normal for you soon.

I was never really maternal at all, & didn't really think I'd have any kids, then I met my OH, and everything changed, from being very career orientated (I wanted to do medicine) I decided it wasn't really suited & chose my current career which I love & have never regretted.

We now have 3 beautiful kids (and hope to try for no 4 sometime this yr), and I actually work full time & my OH stays home with the lo's.

Good luck in your ttc journey, hopefully it will happen quicker than u think.

I might be younger but I know exactly what you mean about the constant looking up of info and wondering. I've gotta wait until 2014 to TTC when i've finished university but every night i sit and wish i was pregnant. every period comes and i cry that it didn't. But i know deep down i shouldn't be like this but it doesn't stop the feeling. if it happens on accident then great but my OH has refused (quite rightly in his argument) to start until after uni. I would give up my education in a heartbeat to be a mother but I know I can't. It's so upsetting.

Don't feel angry about not trying before.. it's better to know you're prepared IMO than to just rush because of worries. I wish you all the luck in the world :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->