New Mama - Sleeping & Feeding help

BabyMama2010

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can't believe I've finally made the transition from pregnant to Mummy! Baby Rayan arrived in to the world at 2:48am on 27th May weighing 4.25kg :baby: Needless to say we've been on cloud 9 ever since :cloud9:

I do have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

Rayan doesnt really wake for his feeds. He'll sleep 5-6 hours straight if I let him. I've started to wake him every 3-4 hours for his feeds. He always latches on & feeds so he must be hungry. Is it normal for newborns to be so lazy? He has been more alert today and when he does feed, feeds well. He's also peeing and pooing fine - any advice?

x

Hi all,

I can't believe I've finally made the transition from pregnant to Mummy! Baby Rayan arrived in to the world at 2:48am on 27th May weighing 4.25kg :baby: Needless to say we've been on cloud 9 ever since :cloud9:

Rayan doesnt really wake for his feeds. He'll sleep 5-6 hours straight if I let him. I've started to wake him every 3-4 hours for his feeds. He always latches on & feeds so he must be hungry. Is it normal for newborns to be so lazy? He has been more alert today and when he does feed, feeds well. He's also peeing and pooing fine - any advice?

x

If he's sleepy and then latches fine, eats, feeds well, has proper diapers and is gaining weight then.................... you've won the lottery :rofl:

Enjoy! It's perfectly fine. Normal? Yes. Usual...hmmm no. But not in a bad way. Mine screamed and slept 4 hours in a 24 hour period the first 3 months of his life. I'm entirely jealous :rofl:

Congrats... and baby is doing fine.

Newborns are very lazy! I think everyone was begining to wonder if my LO had eyes in the first couple of weeks as she was always asleep.

In the early days we had to wake Ava-Mae every couple of hours to feed as she had jaundice, but once that cleared up we left her to sleep and only fed on her cue.

Congrats :) xx

Hi all,

x

If he's sleepy and then latches fine, eats, feeds well, has proper diapers and is gaining weight then.................... you've won the lottery :rofl:

Enjoy! It's perfectly fine. Normal? Yes. Usual...hmmm no. But not in a bad way. Mine screamed and slept 4 hours in a 24 hour period the first 3 months of his life. I'm entirely jealous :rofl:

Congrats... and baby is doing fine.

Agree with Aliss :thumbup:
It might be he is still getting over the trauma of birth too which is why he is sleepy.

Congratulations and welcome to baby club x

Alejandro was the same newborns are lazy alejandro hardly ever opened his eyes for about 2 weeks and could sleep for hours before wanting to feed I used to have to wake him on the ward after I gave birth he never made a peep I thought I was a lucky mum with a content baby that would sleep well but ohhhh no once those eyes became alert the sleepless nights began lol enjoy it!

I think newborns are very lazy lol!!

We thought we had hit the jackpot in the first few weeks because all Isobelle did was sleep lol, and wake every 4hrs-ish for a feed, she was a very laid back baby and bored people when they came visiting lol ....

Needless to say, we are paying for it now!!

Enjoy it while is lasts hun, thats what I say

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"