New Member and dont know where to be!!

angie90

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am new here, however have been reading this forum for about 4 years and only just got enough confidence sign up! haha! Just been stalking all this time!

Me and my partner are TTC our first little bean! We came off the mini pill (zoletta) 9 days ago. (I know I'm being too keen, Im sorry just so excited!!!)

Without being a little TMI but we have had BD everyday since when we came off! Not had a period yet, and have felt quite sick but think that's probably withdrawal from the pill.

I know I should expect a period first, and if one turned up id be gutted but happy I can start charting properly.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice?

A- if anyone has got pregnant before their first period from pill?
B- should I head back over to TTC haha
C- when would I test? 2 weeks from when we came off?

Sorry to ask so many questions! am hoping to make some friends on here too :)

Thank you!!

A XX

I got pregnant with my first baby as soon as I came off the pill.I didn't get a period and just felt off.I didn't find out until 6 weeks as kept expecting my period to show up.I had period type pains. Good luck x

You can hang here or the ttc area. alot of ladies, like me, just hang here because the first half of ttc is not as frustrating, symptom spotting, need advice of a time period.

As for getting pregnant just coming off the pill. Some women are ultra fertile just after coming off the pill and some it takes months and months to get to a truly receptive fertile state(between the delicate balance of chemicals and the proper lining of the uterus. )

I'd personally put the odds of getting pregnant right off the pill to between 3-7%. Whereas any given month of normal fertility for two healthy people ttc is between 18-33% (I generally say 20%)

So welcome and good luck!

Thanks Upsy Dasy! and congrats! It would be lovely if that happened to me but not trying to get my hopes up!!

Aww thanks Cppeace for taking the time to write those figures! I think its important for me to just stay in reality and realise it wont happen straight away! I think I might hang around here until my period starts and then ive got some more idea of where im at :)

You're welcome. Hope you're one of the lucky ones that gets pregnant pretty easy. It's an interesting journey in either case. :)

When I came off my pill I had a withdrawal bleed right away, which was normal for me (I always took the break week between pill packs). I conceived two weeks after that so I didn't technically have a real period. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage, but my OB said it had nothing to do with conceiving right away.

I think you are ok to hang out here and/or TTC area. Good luck!

Cppeace thank you! I'd like to think so but I'll have to just wait and see! Me and my partner have been trying to make positive changes before trying so I've lost 25lb and he's starting taking vitamins! Just going to wait and see :)

Ahh yes! I've been on the min pill so not had a period for a year now! Sorry to hear about your loss!! Have you been trying long? Yeah I'll hang around here for a while!! :)

Ya, I wasn't on the mini so my experience is a little different. Not long. We started in February when I stopped my pill then my miscarriage was at the end of April. So trying again now.

I will caution you that it is easier on the head when you know what is going on with your cycle. We tried again two weeks after my mc, but my cycle was obviously off track and lasted longer than I thought. I wasted so many pregnancy tests and ovulation tests trying to figure out what was going on. Now that I have had a proper af again I feel much better about it all since I know exactly where I am in my cycle.

Yeah karoolia I agree I'd like a period just so I can start understanding my cycle! Before then pill I was realynroutine so hoping that comes back! However I have been diagnosed with a half working kidney so unsure how that might effect it!! Are you in the 2WW now? I made my OH buy me one today and obviously was a BFN but I knew it would be! Just being mean to myself haha! I've got him to hide the other one with the intention to take in 4 weeks if no period by then but hoping she shows her face soon!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->