New mommy here. 8 weeks.

babypanda2425

Reaction score
Hey guys so. my first doctors apt is this Monday and I'm excited. Do you know if they will do an ultrasound the first time in? From mothers to a new mother of 8 weeks what advice can you give me? I'm super excited. I don't know if everyone is kind of obsessed with taking more pregnancy tests but I've taken already three tests this week ever since i found out i got pregnant. My husband is excited and nervous at the same time. i think yesterday he finally said, your pregnant! I'm like yes baby i am.

Hi hun! Welcome! I’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow. The first appointment can be a wide range, as many doctors do different things. Some do a dating scan to give you a due date, while others don’t scan at all. My first appointment was mostly a history and to order blood work. We did schedule a scan for later in the week as I had a recent missed miscarriage.

This time round I’m not seeing the doctor til almost 10.5 weeks, they do a phone interview around 8 weeks to get background info. We only know it’s twins because I had bleeding at 5 weeks and after a follow ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy was still progressing, we discovered twins

Congrats and welcome to the first tri :hi:

Some doctors will give early ultrasounds just to make sure of dating but I wouldn't guarantee one. Doctors typically don't do them for first pregnancies unless you've had worrisome symptoms, like bleeding or cramping. They take all first pregnancies as "normal" until proven otherwise. I didn't get an ultrasound with my first until I was 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->