New MW - Appointment

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Bubs is breech again ARGH!!

Student nurse there too - measured me at 31 weeks :shock: then the MW in charge at 34! Not good its stil made me uneasy!

Mentioned breifly about the struggle the clicking etc but to be honest I was in no mood to argue it ... I was sat there half sleep and tbh pretty down so when she replied "normal" not taking in what I was telling her I accepted it and toddled home. Think I was meant to have a shit last few weeks pregnant never felt so down as I am and weak as I am and everyones so helpful =;

Aw hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:
you gotta make them listen to you darling, spesh if you think all is not right

Baby still has time to turn hun xx

:hugs::hugs: Midwifes dont seem to care, mine is crap in my opinion.
Hope u dont feel like this for the rest of your pregnancy hun.
xxxx

When I suspected that I had PGP, I bypassed the MW altogether and went to see my GP and told her that I wanted a referral to the physio. I've since found out that you can refer yourself to the physio, so it could be worth giving your local hospital a call. There's an article in Take A Break (or one of those mags) about SPD and women who have had permanant damage because their MW's and GP's did not take them seriously. Some have even suffered a broken pelvis. If this is SPD it's important that it's diagnosed as you have to be careful when giving birth.

As you know, my sprog was breech until 36/37 weeks before turning the right way round. If she's still breech at 36 weeks then get on all fours (I found leaning over the birth ball helped) and getting your bum higher than your hips. There's a technique that you can find on the Spinning Babies website, where you kneel on the sofa and put your elbows and head on the floor. I did this a few times and, while I don't know if the sprog would have turned by itself, the sprog did turn.

I know that it can be really demoralising, but try not to worry too much for the next few weeks. And insist on being seen by a physio.

I haven't been too bad I think the move did me in a little so ill see how I am before next appointment. Might have been my fault Im not really with it so maybe I didn't explain properly although its not just the lack of support from the MWs its the lack of from people around me so the whole deal is miserable.

Ill be alright in morning and all that one of those days.

I've seen an advertisement in my hospital where you can ring a physio when you have pains!

I think it's def worth to get it checked as I can imagine it might cause long term damage to the pelvis!

mine was breech at 31 weeks as well, but since 34 weeks snuggled in, so no need to worry 'bout this!

all the best :hi:

:hugs:

my little man is breech at the mo too, i know we will get told there is lots of time to turn, and normaly i would say that to someone too, but in all my pregnancys this is the only one to ever be breech, the others were always head down from the word go so it is a little un nerving.

Hope your feeling better today

x

I do Layla thanks - Are you ok? I was thinking about you earlier.

x

yeah im fine, been away on hols this week with the kids, sooooooooooo tired now, cant wait to sleep in my own bed tonight

x

Hope you'z had a fab time although shattered lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back