New Nappies

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Just a question, Do you need to wash nappies when you frist get them? Just ordered two mini lala's and i have now 4 itti's and one day this week gonna use the ittis and try it out for the first time, The itti's are second hand from vici and one was a gift from sarah, so not so much them but the ones i just ordered when i get them do i need to wash them frist before i use them? and any other ones i order in future...

(p.s... if i have you on FB please read my status and back me up about cloth!:blush:)

if they're preloved you should be fine as they will have already had their pre-washing.

any new ones i would wash.

So do i need to wash them that many times or just once?

Whats the washing guide again? no fabric softner and 30 degree normal wash?

i couldnt wait to put them on aimee so i washed once lol

but they reach full absorbancy after 3/ 4 washes

its up to you hun :)

i wash on a 60 degree wash, 1 bold liqui tab and a bit of napisan cleans them lovely :)

i sometimes put a lil bit of softner in too not much though

I usually just wash new ones once with an extra rinse, then put them on Leyla and change them more often than normal till they've been washed enough. That way I don't feel like I'm wasting washes cos they are actually dirty when I wash them, plus you get to try them out quicker. Just don't expect them to be fully absorbant straight away.

I did what Rachel said, washed once then used and changed more frequently for a few days until they'd been "washed in" so to speak.

The temperature etc will depend on the instructions for any given brand. Anything with PUL (wraps, outer layers of pockets and AIOs for example) need to be washed at 40 degrees and tumbled on a low heat only. Cotton, bamboo and fleece etc can be washed hotter, but check the care label/instructions.

I use half measures of Ecover liquid and add an extra rinse to the end of every wash. Some people put white vinegar in or nappy sanitiser. We used to use the Bambino Mio stuff when we used those but stopped when the tub ran out.

if they're preloved you should be fine as they will have already had their pre-washing.

any new ones i would wash.

Yip, i'm the same as little star!

I was mainly at 40 but occasionally at 60. 1/4 scoop of bold 2in1 and 2 extra rinses at the end :D

O, and whats happened with your status? I don't have you on FB! x

:rofl: you do vici!! well i have you?

ugh was just some girl getting on my tits telling me its not disposables that smell its the babies poo.... she replied a big essay but i deleted it cos she was being sarcy.

ps just pm me with price and your paypal whenever for the daisy nappy n liners!

We use a cold wash here for cloth nappies (I use modern cloth nappies, terry towel/terry nappies and sometimes EC (elimination communication) but anyways, in Australia we just wash in cold. A lot of people wash in cold here, and the washing powder/liquid is often sold as specially for cold wash, or for cold and hot wash. I have never washed a single thing in hot or warm water except handwashing wool covers etc, and everything we have is very clean, I am very fussy! You need to get powder or liquid that says it's ok for cold wash.

softener will make them softer but will reduce absorbency, don't forget :) i've heard that a little vinegar softens naturally without reducing the absorbency tho ... does nayone know?

I use white vinegar in my regular washing, works a treat imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->