new phone contract and already cracked screen :(

Wriggley

Reaction score
Ergh! I just took out a o2 contract via carphone warehouse last month - samsung galaxy s4 mini.

my phone is in a case and was on the arm of the sofa and i elbowed it off the sofa and the screen has cracked

i stupidly didnt take out phone insurance so carphone warehouse are going to charge £170 to repair it

does anyone know a cheaper way to get it fixed?

I know where I live there's a few locals shops that fix phones. The one I use is a dry cleaners lol. There's also stalls on my local market. It might be worth asking on Facebook so people who live locally might give a suggestion. My iPhone screen cost £40 to fix.

I know where I live there's a few locals shops that fix phones. The one I use is a dry cleaners lol. There's also stalls on my local market. It might be worth asking on Facebook so people who live locally might give a suggestion. My iPhone screen cost £40 to fix.

do you know if it voids the warranty if you get it fixed else were?

also i dont use facebook so cant ask there but will ask around thanks :)

Can you not take out insurance now. Leave it a month then claim. A colleague done this, her screen was badly smashed she waited until the first month insurance was paid then claimed. She got her phone fixed and back within 5 days.

It will void the warranty if you get it done "backstreet" as such. Maybe worth trying to contact samsung somehow, see if their quote matches

Also try and go into your network providers store and see what they quote

Also try and go into your network providers store and see what they quote

yeah im going to pop in there tomorrow as well as car phone warehouse - though im going into a different store because i feel pretty stupid going into my local one after the man drilled me about how important insurance was lol

I hadn't even thought about the warranty :ddoh: most times it happened to me though was in the second year. Hopefully someone can help and do it for you cheaply.

Take a look at the wording on your home insurance? I made sure our mobile phones were on our home insurance policy - some exclude them, but some will include accidental mobile phone damage so it's worth checking.

Wifey and I both have phone insurance which is 4.99 a month (with phones4u) and they swapped wifey's iphone5 which had a broken screen for free. I'd look into getting decent insurance after you've had yours fixed x

It's dead easy to replace a cracked screen, you can buy a new one for about a fiver off eBay and I'm sure there are tons of Youtube videos to show you how to do it.

Can you not take out insurance now. Leave it a month then claim. A colleague done this, her screen was badly smashed she waited until the first month insurance was paid then claimed. She got her phone fixed and back within 5 days.
I have to disagree with this I'm afraid. It's insurance fraud.

House contents insurance often cover phones.

Like a PP said, if you take it to someone 'backstreet' it will void warranty and the same goes for replacing it yourself. If that is even possible.

If all you did was knock it onto the floor, odds are it was a faulty screen. Speak to o2 or Carphone Warehouse, they'll be able to check to see if it was faulty and if it was, they should 'in theory' replace it with no charge.

Either way, have it done through a reputable company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->