New photo of Madeline McCann issued

Surely if they admitted to a priest then he has an obligation to go to the police....?Religion isn't above the law is it?x

Ummmm ... yes :shrug:

Anything at all said to a priest during confession is sacred and the priest cannot disclose it to anyone, under any circumstances - The Secrecy of Confession is Absolute.

Is this the same priest that apparently said he felt "utterly betrayed" by the McCanns?

(I saw it mentioned on a comments section to a news article last week so I don't know if he actually said that or not but it's got me curious)

x

Is this the same priest that apparently said he felt "utterly betrayed" by the McCanns?

(I saw it mentioned on a comments section to a news article last week so I don't know if he actually said that or not but it's got me curious)

x

Yes that's right ... Father Jose Manuel Pacheco was the parish priest in Portugal who gave the McCanns the keys to his church so that they could come and go as they pleased (the church was normally open to the public during the day but locked at night). He later claimed that he was told to do so by the Church hierarchy (which I don't personally doubt).

I'm not sure if he actually said that either - it was originally reported in the UK in the Daily Fail, so it may or may not be true, but certainly in more recent interviews he has sought to distance himself from them by claiming that the Canadian (Anglican) Minister, who was very friendly with the McCanns arranged most of the services in the church after the first few weeks (Rev. Hubbard and his wife).

It is however certainly true that the Vatican removed all links to the McCann's fundraising site (and any mention of Madeleine) from their website shortly before the parents were made suspects ... and they have never been put back on. It's also true that the McCanns did not return the church keys to him themselves and left Portugal without saying goodbye to him :shrug:

Thanks to the secrecy of confession I guess we will never know - if the priest was told something then he will have to take it to his grave.

x

Yes that's right ... Father Jose Manuel Pacheco was the parish priest in Portugal who gave the McCanns the keys to his church so that they could come and go as they pleased (the church was normally open to the public during the day but locked at night). He later claimed that he was told to do so by the Church hierarchy (which I don't personally doubt).

I'm not sure if he actually said that either - it was originally reported in the UK in the Daily Fail, so it may or may not be true, but certainly in more recent interviews he has sought to distance himself from them by claiming that the Canadian (Anglican) Minister, who was very friendly with the McCanns arranged most of the services in the church after the first few weeks (Rev. Hubbard and his wife).

It is however certainly true that the Vatican removed all links to the McCann's fundraising site (and any mention of Madeleine) from their website shortly before the parents were made suspects ... and they have never been put back on. It's also true that the McCanns did not return the church keys to him themselves and left Portugal without saying goodbye to him :shrug:

Thanks to the secrecy of confession I guess we will never know - if the priest was told something then he will have to take it to his grave.

Very interesting, very heavy stuff. It's all just strange to me how the Mcanns are being so protected, why?? By who?? A lot of the media are so pro-Mcann, but again, why and what's in it for them? I know that one factor the media love them is that they are the vision of the perfect British, educated, wealthy family and they love a sob story, but there must be more to it. I just find something so sinister about it all, especially as SO MUCH points in the direction of them being involved.

Did u see them on Lorraine?try and Google the picture...gerry's eyes just say it all...

Very interesting, very heavy stuff. It's all just strange to me how the Mcanns are being so protected, why?? By who?? A lot of the media are so pro-Mcann, but again, why and what's in it for them? I know that one factor the media love them is that they are the vision of the perfect British, educated, wealthy family and they love a sob story, but there must be more to it. I just find something so sinister about it all, especially as SO MUCH points in the direction of them being involved.

I've been bordering on obsessed with this case since day 1 - the whole 'abduction' thing never rang true for me and for a long time I read just about anything about the case that I could get my hands on - including a lot of Portuguese media stuff that (at that time) was literally being translated as it was published by Portuguese speakers online.

There has always been a LOT of speculation as to why the McCanns appear to be so protected by the media in the UK ... everything from Masonic connections, to paedophile rings in high places (especially in view of the Gasper statements) and a whole host of slightly off the wall (to say the least :haha: ) conspiracy theories.

Personally I think the truth of the matter is a little more prosaic and is now becoming evident thanks to the Leveson Inquiry ... the media really do control our country and that goes right to the heart of Gov't.

Plus of course the McCanns are very prone to spending the money in their fund on libel cases to threaten anyone who speaks out. Whether they win either of the two cases currently pending remains to be seen ... they did after all lose the case to have the Portuguese Detective's book banned in Portugal (something which never seems to get reported in the UK ... the original ban is often mentioned, but not the appeal decision overturning it :growlmad: )

I gotta say, I always hope that she turns up in a few years and has been raised by a loving family who simply couldnt have children.
But the reality is that if she is alive out there.... shes probably not in a very happy place... mentally, emotionally or physically. :nope:

I honestly think theres just something about her parents thats just "off" and that they are more involved than they let on...
It also angers me that they havent been charged with neglect... they left 3 children unattended, resulting in one of the children going missing... if that had been any other set of parents, even if their excuse was that they needed to work to pay for their childrens food, rather than they wanted to have dinner with friends, they would have been charged with neglect and blamed for the child going missing... but instead, they have been given a hell of alot of money, book deals, news stories, interviews and so much sympathy... Its just not right IMO.

It also angers me that they havent been charged with neglect... they left 3 children unattended, resulting in one of the children going missing... if that had been any other set of parents, even if their excuse was that they needed to work to pay for their childrens food, rather than they wanted to have dinner with friends, they would have been charged with neglect and blamed for the child going missing... but instead, they have been given a hell of alot of money, book deals, news stories, interviews and so much sympathy... Its just not right IMO.

The law in Portugal is slightly different to that of the UK ... over there yes, leaving the children could be seen as neglect - especially if harm has come to a child as a result (which is one of the reasons that the McCanns are always spouting their 'There is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm' crap in exactly those words) ...

BUT ... the way I understand it, someone with a vested interest in the child (ie a relative) has to make a complaint to the police on behalf of the child - in other words the state can look at a situation but unless someone is prepared to step forward and 'press charges' then a prosecution isn't going to happen.

Obviously if the parents had been Portuguese then the state could have made Madeleine a ward of court and pressed those charges themselves - however not only were they British citizens, the McCanns also took it upon themselves to have Madeleine declared a ward of the British Courts very early on in proceedings which effectively blocked the Portuguese authorities from doing any such thing.

And of course they can't be prosecuted under UK law because the offence took place outside of it's jurisdiction

The law in Portugal is slightly different to that of the UK ... over there yes, leaving the children could be seen as neglect - especially if harm has come to a child as a result (which is one of the reasons that the McCanns are always spouting their 'There is no evidence that Madeleine has come to any harm' crap in exactly those words) ...

BUT ... the way I understand it, someone with a vested interest in the child (ie a relative) has to make a complaint to the police on behalf of the child - in other words the state can look at a situation but unless someone is prepared to step forward and 'press charges' then a prosecution isn't going to happen.

Obviously if the parents had been Portuguese then the state could have made Madeleine a ward of court and pressed those charges themselves - however not only were they British citizens, the McCanns also took it upon themselves to have Madeleine declared a ward of the British Courts very early on in proceedings which effectively blocked the Portuguese authorities from doing any such thing.

And of course they can't be prosecuted under UK law because the offence took place outside of it's jurisdiction

Well well, aren't they extremely clever... Or being advised very well indeed :growlmad:

TattiesMum, I always love your input on the Maddi McCann case, it really opens my eyes. I love reading up on this stuff in general too x

Just finished reading that massive thread from last year. There is a lot of very good information there provided by BnB's...thank you ladies.

I've got to say that the McCann's have never appeared to act as you would expect parents in their situation to act (I think that I appeared more distressed when my dog went AWOL...I also had the urge to go and search - something I believe Kate McCann didn't do), and I think that this 'strange' behaviour has led to more people reading up on the case and coming to their own conclusions.

I would love it if Madeleine was found safe and well with a family who couldn't have children; however I don't believe this to be the case. I believe that she died in the apartment and that her parents are covering their backs because of what they have to lose (the twins, their jobs, reputation etc etc)...I think that it started out as an act of desperate people, but then momentum took over, the cover-up became more elaborate, the media spotlight was greater then they imagined and they were dragged deeper into their own lies... to the point where they probably don't even know where the truth stops and the lies began.

There are just too many inconsistencies for the 'abduction' to be true, also the fact that there is absolutely no evidence of an abduction, but evidence of a cadaver.

This is just my opinion though.

Well well, aren't they extremely clever... Or being advised very well indeed :growlmad:

That'll be the top legal advisors they had on board within days of Madeleine going missing - 'coz that's the first thing I'd be thinking about doing if my child went missing :shrug: :wacko:

LOL Tasha :hugs: ... I've probably forgotten more about the case than I remember these days, though it still interests me and I still try to keep abreast of what's happening with it (outside of the UK media obviously)

Geez.... They are an odd couple arent they...
Gotta say, if Catey vanished into thin air... the first thing id be doing is running up and down the country looking for her, not hiring a legal advisor. :nope:

Gotta say, if Catey vanished into thin air... the first thing id be doing is running up and down the country looking for her, not hiring a legal advisor. :nope:

They never did much of that ... Kate McCann in particular actually admits that she NEVER physically searched for Madeleine :shrug:

Immy'sMum - that's almost exactly what I believe too.

Although I havn't read it doesn't she mention in her book that she searched in undergrowth for her? I also read that massive thread and that point was mentioned a lot in there, I don't understand how you would forget something like that:shrug:

They never did much of that ... Kate McCann in particular actually admits that she NEVER physically searched for Madeleine :shrug:

Immy'sMum - that's almost exactly what I believe too.

Wow.... Suspicious much? :cry:
Im desperately holding onto the hope that shes alive out there.... though my hope is fading a little. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->