New pregnancy causing major anxiety and panic attacks...

Taydudz24

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I am currently 5 weeks 6 days pregnant. Last year I struggled majorly with horribly anxiety and panic disorder. I ended up recovering from that but now that I am pregnant, it seems to be coming back :( for some reason I feel super weird, almost distant from reality and I had a panic attack in menards the other day, and almost panicked again today in the grocery store! At night my anxiety seems to be worse, and I have tried to do my own research on it and apparently pregnancy hormones can cause this? I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue, and if so when did it go away for you? I’m supposed to get married in two weeks and I’m terrified that I’m gonna have a panic attack while I’m saying I do! Let me know if anything has helped you guys. Please and thank you, I feel alone and helpless. :(

Anxiety can be caused by pregnancy even without a legitimate reason. In one of my pregnancies my anxiety was so heightened and it was worse at night and when I was home. Idk why.

Hi honey,
I would go see your doctor dear and let them know what’s going on. My good friend just had a baby and she was dealing with similar issues and got the help she needed. She’s doing loads better now! GL on your wedding nuptials!

I've suffered with major anxiety and depression for most of my life. I have borderline personality disorder. Before I got pregnant with my third baby I thought I was getting better. Then all of a sudden it felt like I took 10 steps backwards. I found out that the Makena shot that I'm on along with hormones from this pregnancy could have caused everything to flare up again. I have never taken medication for my anxiety or depression. I was recently given a prescription for Zoloft and honestly it's really helping. I still get depressed and upset because I just recently started taking it but it almost instantly helped with my anxiety. Like other ladies have said, I would talk to your doctor and see if they can give you something for it.

Congratulations on getting engaged by the way! How exciting that your wedding is coming up!

Last edited:
Hey. Tayduds24, sorry to hear you are going through this! I too have lived with anxiety. I have Complex PTSD from my abusive childhood and I have that well under control, but of course certain things trigger it, so what you are going through is normal for someone with anxiety. So you need to find a way to help decrease your anxiety and train yourself to lessen it. I find progressive muscle relaxation and guided meditation both to be helpful. Exercise is another way to reduce stress, although all of my suggestions may be difficult to force yourself to begin practicing (I know this), it really is worth a try. Hope this helps! :hugs:

Good luck if you try meditation, never worked for me and neither did CBT/DBT. It honestly offends me when others even mention it as a form of treatment, as if it's that easy to control. Definitely not with BPD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->