new starter curious....

mizzbabyluv

in 4 year rship
Reaction score
Hey all this is my first month ttc, I am now 9 days post ovulation ( i think)
I didn't do any temps or accurate charting but i will from next month if i haven't been successful.
I was just wondering when is the usual time to test? I know some people would have done one before now but i've managed to hold out. Would love to tomorrow if it's not too early though.
So far I have been having a bit of cramping, lots of wind and a bit of heart burn.. all of this is a bit out of character for me usually but I don't want to pin my hopes on a few farts!lol
Has any one else experienced this??
All help greatly appreciated by the way! x:hug:

Do you have a regular cycle? It all depends on the amount of hcg hormone in your pee when you test, the nearer to the day your period is due, the higher the levels of hormone. Sometimes testing too early you get a BFN, but thats because levels of hcg are too low to be picked up by a hpt. I know its tempting to test early, but try and leave it as near to the day your period is due as you can, otherwise you may just have to repeat it anyway. And sometimes it can take even longer than that to get a positive result, as I said before it depends how much hormone is in your pee at the time you test! Sorry for the ramble, hope you get the result you want! xxx

Thanks, I think my cycle is 28 days most of the time, but sometimes its a day or two out so im slightly confused.
i did my first hpt today ( at roughly 10 days po) and got a bfn. im hopin its false, but my confidence is knocked :(
for now im just living in hope xx

:hi: and welcome! I would probably want to wait until 2-3 days after the :witch: is due, then test, but that's just me!

Good luck! :dust:

:howdy: Hi welcome to bmb i would wait until :witch: is due i know its hard to wait but it will save any disappointment.

Good luck
:dust:

14dpo or later is good... 18dpo or later is best. (If you want to avoid false bfns.) Some ladies get a very early, faint bfp as early as 9-10 dpo, but that is rare. More likely you are to see a bfn and not know if it is accurate or not. I got a false bfn at 13dpo and my bfp 5 days later at 18dpo.

Good luck! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->