(NEW TEST PIC) Less than 1 hcG, still possible pregnancy??

HaileysMommy1

TTC baby #3!
Reaction score
So I know this sounds crazy, but even after my doctor called and told me the results of my Beta blood test were negative, I still strongly think I'm pregnant. I completely missed my last period and I have every symptom in the book. Is it still possible? Has anyone else ever had no hCG and still been pregnant??

Hey hunnie... I think its highly unlikely that your pregnant. Even some ladies who arent pregnant can have anything from 1-5HCG in their system...

Its possible you could ovulate from now on and then get pregnant...

Yeah :/ Well I don't know that it was 0 but she said it was negative so that's what I figured. I thought I'd feel so much better after hearing from her but I don't, I still have that nagging feeling telling me that I am! I think I may be going crazy :wacko: Well, thanks for the support!! :flower:

Sorry but I don't think so. I know early on some people who do the "yes or no" blood tests get negative when they are pregnant and the levels just aren't high enough but the Beta's show the exact number so it would acurately show pregnant or not.

No hun with no hcg you can't be pregnant loads if woman miss a cycle now and again have you had af? Yet if not I would ask your Dr for something to start your period my hcg level when not pregnant is 3 lol gd luck xxx

Sorry hun, you can't sustain a healthy pregnancy without hCG. Most clinics tests are considered positive at 5mIU of hCG in your system.

I would talk to your doctor about a possible luteal cyst, which could explain the pregnancy like symptoms and the missed period. A cyst can also produce very very faint positive HPTs as well.

Hope you get some answers soon,

i missed my period in june and had nausea, sore boobs ect but wasnt pregnant. sometimes it just happens with no explanation x

For some reason I didn't ask her the exact number when she called and told me it was negative, so I just called this morning and left a voice mail. Hopefully they'll call me back soon, I'm just curious what the number is.

I'm supposed to start my next period in 4 days so if I start then I'll KNOW for sure I'm not. I don't want to take meds to start my period because I'm on birth control, so it's supposed to do that for me! I did miss quite a few pills last month, so that could explain the missed period this month. But I've taken all of them this month so I shouldn't miss it again..

Is a luteal cyst the same as an ovarian cyst? I went to the ER the other day for something else and they gave me a CT scan and told me there were no cysts on my ovaries, so that's good.

I know people can miss periods for no reason, but I just can't get over all the symptoms I'm having! And the two faint positives I had earlier this month. I feel exactly how I did with my last pregnancy. Oh well, I guess only time will tell :(

Okay she called me back and said my hCG was less than 1. So I guess that's pretty darn negative haha. That was a week ago though and I did just take two more tests and here are the results. I think they're ghost lines though. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• P1020313 (resized).jpg
    P1020313 (resized).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 110
I was on birth control for years. You're probably experiencing these symptoms because you missed pills in the last cycle. If it was enough to throw off your period, it's probably enough to make you feel pregnancy symptoms/crappy, too. Been there! I read on a pregnancy test website that 20 units of hcg is supposed to indicate pregnancy, and if you did get pregnant during your last cycle, that would put you around 7 weeks now, right? You *should* be testing positive now.

Have you had any spotting at all???

when i use the pills before, if i missed a few, i would end up spotting (breakthrough bleeding)... so i would just continue the course without stopping, take another months worth then i would get my period :)

That's what I thought, that if it was enough to throw off my period it must be enough to mess up all my hormones. Although, it is a birth control study and my doctor thinks that's what's doing it, and wants me to come off of it. But yes I guess I would be that far along if I missed it last month due to pregnancy, and that should show up positive! But I've heard some women don't show up positive until months in :/

I had spotting a week before my period was due, for three days. It could have been from this missed pills, but I had missed them way before then. So I thought the spotting may have been implantation bleeding..?

I just had an ultrasound done, though, because my doctor said he was willing to bet money that I'm pregnant. She didn't see anything on the ultrasound, but said it could still be too early to see. I'm so fed up with all this guessing! I'm supposed to start my next period on Saturday so we'll see if it shows up!

I had a bunch of ghost lines on ICs again today, on ALL of them, so I'm going to have OH pee in a cup now and see if it does the same thing :laugh2:

i see lines on those tests, and yes practice on DH and see if he gets the same! Good luck!

I see a line on the top test but not the bottom one x

So last night my OH and I both tested, and guess what, his ghosty line showed up darker than mine! I'm so mad at all these ICs, I'm NEVER buying them from early-pregnancy-tests.com again. How could every single one have an evap? And they all showed up within the time frame! :nope:

I tested this morning with a digital and a blue dye and they were both BFN. Supposed to start period tomorrow. Guess I'm really not pregnant. So much wasted time these past two months *Sigh*

Sorry to hear that!

I'm coming off birth control because my doctor thinks that's what's causing so many of my symptoms, so I've just started reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I'm already 4 chapters in and so fascinated! I can't wait to start getting my body back on track and being in tune with what's going on!

That's a great book and will help you SO much!! GL--hope you get that sticky baby soon!

It really is and it's SO informative! I'm actually not currently TTC but at least when I am I will already know everything :) Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->