New to bottle feeding!

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hello ladies I decided today to stop breastfeeding after 3 weeks as I'm really not doing well with it. My health visitor said its Ok to just stop so I know I'm going to have engorgment which I already have slightly one boob is hard and lumpy is this blocked ducts? I breastfed my baby every 2-3 hours and I have no idea when to feed her now do bottle fed babies feed less? I gave her the recommended amount for her age and she sicked up a few times does that mean she had to much?

Hey!
I know exactly how you feel, i only breastfed for 3 days as LO wouldnt latch when we left the hospital and down right refused! so i switched to formula, the breasts do get engorged, but it'll only be for a few weeks! As for baba, how old is she? as you stopped after 3 weeks im assuming shes 3 weeks old.. when my LO was 3 weeks, he was on 3 or 4oz every 2-3 hours. Try giving her say 3oz, and if she finishes the bottle, and wants more, you know you can try 4oz next feed. They really differ at how much they take at this age.. as for the spitting up, what size teats are you using? it may be that the teat flow after having the breast is too fast for her. Try variflow teats, or the next size down. It takes a wile but you'll get the hang of it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->