New to charting...have questions about my BBT--can you ladies help?

K

katiemae7031

I finally started AF last Sunday after not having a period since April. I have pcos so having ridiculously long cycles sometimes isn't anything new to me. Anyway, I decided I would try temping for the first time this cycle to see if that would shed some light on when I would ovulate this time. I started temping on CD 3. So far, here are my temps...
CD 3--97.4
CD 4--98.4
CD 5--98.2
CD 6--98.2
My question is this--do my temps so far seem kinda weird? Other "normal" charts that I've googled has other women's temps lower than mine during AF. And also, why is there an entire 1 degree jump like that? Can bbt fluctuate during AF? I take my temp at 5 am every morning before I get out of bed. I'm afraid with that big jump in my temps like that, my chart will look funky and it will be harder to determine ovulation...

Can someone shed some light on this for me??

Maybe your first time was still a dip from AF and is now back up again and will stay at its current level? Disturbed sleep can mess with temp. Maybe it just didn't work very well the first time. Maybe you accidentally left the heating on overnight! haha.

Lol well, I started temping on the 3rd day of AF...so I'm not quite sure why there would still be a "dip" several days into my cycle?? Or is that normal? And my sleep wasn't interrupted either...I'm posting a link to my chart so far just so it's easier to visualize :) I think it's gonna take me a good long while to get the hang of learning to read a bbt chart...I'm as confused as ever!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42922a/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Sometimes ..... During af u have high temps yes. Ur temps don't seem abnormal..just keep temping it will show changes for ovulation. :)

I agree with above post. Af temps can be totally erratic, so they tell you not to even bother at that time. It will probably even out after af!

Thanks ladies! That makes me feel better :) I was so worried that my chart would begin to look funny, but I think I will just stop stressing now. Just what I needed to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->