New to forum/TTC for 1 year

mishka_33

Reaction score
Hello,

My spouse and I have been married for three years and have been TTC #1 for the past year. We haven't wanted to tell anyone in our family yet (of course both sides are "waiting patiently" for grandchildren as neither side has one yet), so as I am sure many of you can relate is both an exciting yet frustrating time.

For me, I have done all of the charting etc. and discovered I likely have luteal phase defect. Typically I have a positive opk on day 19-20 of my cycle, and then start to spot/AF comes 8-9 days after ovulation. My doctor was even great to try some oral progesterone for a few cycles but that didnt change anything.

In the mean time by spouse got his first seman analysis which came back as a low count and borderline motility, possibly also could have been an infection. However he does have to take seizure medication, so who knows right? We plan on having a second test soon.

Needless to say, we both could have trouble with conceiving. We have an appointment with my doctor next month to really start "persuing" fertility options as it will be 1 year. I am hopefully there will be some ways to increase our chances. I know there is some medications out there, further testing to be done, and likely some testing for my spouse as well.

As of now we eat healthy, get exercise, healthy weights etc..and doing most of things to "increase fertility odds".

One of the main reasons I joined this (besides to ask questions etc) is also to find a place to vent. My spouse is great and supportive, but he is going through the same thing. At this time we have not decided to tell anyone we are trying. I feel like it may add more pressure. It is definetly tough as it seems every friend I have or relative I know gets pregnant within a year. I know that is not typical for everyone obviously but it def. sucks when you are trying as well. I don't know anyone who has done fertility treatments or even done an adoption.

Other that this, life is great! But I am ready to be a mom :)

Thanks for any advice you have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->