New to OPKs - help - is it positive?

Scromfy

Proud mommy
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been TTC for awhile now just using charting. I wanted to make sure that I was ovulating this month! I have a 26 - 28 day cycle so I started testing on CD 8. I am on CD 12 now and I got this result today. Is it positive? Looks good to me but could be close. Thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 36
it's almost positive:winkwink:
try another in few hours or tomorrow
the test line must be the same colour or darker than control line

Hey, Scromfy, I added you as a friend on here, I'm kinda new to forums, but we do have lots in common, us two Canucks...I am close to OV day, your OPK looks better than mine right now, and it's not positive until it's as dark as the test line, so yeah, test again soon. I've been using OPK's for all 4 of my cycles trying. Got positives each month except this month so far, but I don't think I actually o'd the first two cycles. Was 12+ years on bc before starting TTC.

I am trying Soy this month, so I'm not sure what that's going to do to my O date. Anyways, wonder what else we have in common? I'm in AB, btw!

Hey, Scromfy, I added you as a friend on here, I'm kinda new to forums, but we do have lots in common, us two Canucks...I am close to OV day, your OPK looks better than mine right now, and it's not positive until it's as dark as the test line, so yeah, test again soon. I've been using OPK's for all 4 of my cycles trying. Got positives each month except this month so far, but I don't think I actually o'd the first two cycles. Was 12+ years on bc before starting TTC.

I am trying Soy this month, so I'm not sure what that's going to do to my O date. Anyways, wonder what else we have in common? I'm in AB, btw!

Hey! Yeah I'm pretty new too. I've posted a bunch of times in the "never had a second line group" because I felt like a lot of people there were in the same situation. I tested again and it was definitely positive! So exciting! Hehe. So that means I probably O today - right? The last two cycles I'm pretty sure I had O pains at around this time so it looks promising :)
I'm in ab too! So we have that in common as well :)
I was on bc for 6 years, so i was afraid that I wouldn't go back to normal right away, but I had a 31 day cycle, followed by average 26 after that, which was my norm before... So I think I'm all good.
What does soy do? How do you take it, a pill, or a shake or something?

Well, if you get a positive OPK, you could O anytime within the next 36 hours, so just make sure you get some BDing in!

I learned being on the pill actually suppresses O, and the longer you're on the pill, the less chance when you get off the pill that you'll actually O in those cycles following the pill. Even though your cycles might be regular, doesn't mean you're actually O'ing!

I don't think I O'ed the first two cycles after the pill, and I think I may have last cycle. That's why I finally started charting, I want to know if I am O'ing or not!

Soy Isoflavones (buy in vitamin section) are "natures clomid" supposedly, and you take them for only 5 days at the beginning of your cycle and they are supposed to help you O, like a "super O" is what some girls say. It's a pill. I took them CD 5-9, which is supposed to give you a higher quality and more mature egg, and I'm CD10 today, and I actually finally have quite a bit of EWCM! And I haven't had noticeable EWCM yet at all! So I'm thinking I should be getting a positive OPK in the next day or two, took one at 2pm today and barely a line showing up. Temp not up yet either, so I think in the next day or two! Wouldn't it be cool to O on 11/11/11? lol

Yeah i was the same - I really want to make sure that I am O ing after the pill, which is why I started opks this cycle. I got faint lines every day until Monday, so I was super excited. If no luck soon I'll probably try temping, maybe soy too. When you temp, do you wake up early on the weekends or just take the temp as soon as you wake up?
We have the BDing covered... Hehe.
It would be cool to O on 11/11/11, especially if you have he weekend off! DH has been working super late some days so he's a bit tired.

How long have you and DH been together? We've been together over six years, had our first wedding anniversary a couple months ago.

We've been together 8 1/2 years, married for 5 in February! We were so confident we were never having kids, but then the clock got me! Took a year just to get DH on board, now he's totally on board, just wish it would happen already! :happydance:

I can't see myself adding anything new to next cycle, but I am going to give Soy a chance for 3 cycles.

I haven't O'd yet this cycle, and tmrw is day cd13 for me, avg O would be cd14, so we'll see! Still haven't gotten a positive OPK, but this afternoon did have a faint line, so hopefully soon!

Oh, and I was getting positive OPK's for all 3 last cycles, I think you can get a positive OPK even if you don't actually ovulate; you need to temp and see the temp shift in order to confirm ovulation...so you might want to add temping in to next cycle for sure...as for the weekends, it is just my first cycle charting, I think I care more about having 4 solid hours of sleep to get my temp then being off by an hour or so of sleeping in on the weekends...so far I haven't been to strict...but I have yet to actually see a whole month of temps!

Yea! I just got my positive OPK!

So I will probably O tmrw, which is cd14 which is right on target! I've been having a lot more CM than normal, which I think is b/c of the soy. And now that this is my first month temping, I'm super excited to see if my temp actually does go up or not after this O!

We're also trying a diff strategy this month with BD'ing this cycle..we haven't Bd's since Wed night (2 nights ago) and just talked to DH, and we're going to wait till tmrw to BD, so we get some real good high quality sperm! Plus hopefully hitting it right on O day! DH is all about it, so maybe this will actually work this month!

So you are in TWW right now, then, right?

I never got a true positive- just almost positives and I'm pregnant. Yours looks like an almost positive- which is what I had!

Yay! So this is O day for you, excellent! I haven't been taking soy but CM was really for me this month too. So hopefully this is the month! We did the opposite with BDing, we BDed every day three days prior to O, then on O day of course... We did the opposite last cycle, every second day to build up... So who knows! We will see.
Isn't it funny how you spend so long trying to not get pregnant... Then when you want it, it's so much waiting!
Yup, in in the TWW.... CD 17. If af doesn't show On CD 28 or 29, I will test. I am pretty hopeful this cycle :)

I never got a true positive- just almost positives and I'm pregnant. Yours looks like an almost positive- which is what I had!

Yay thanks gk1701! I feel good about this cycle.

Hi ladies,

just wondering if you could help me. I have just started using preseed and OPks this month. I should have ovulated today but haven't had a positive OPK yet. However the one i took this morning was darker than yesterdays, would that be a sign of ovulation coming soon? Im worried because i usually get all the signs of OV such as EWCM and pain etc but had nothing this month. Also is it ok to take the soy if you suspect you may already be ovulating by yourself or would it mess up cycles etc?

Thanks xx

Looks good!! a lot better than what i've been getting

Hi ladies,

just wondering if you could help me. I have just started using preseed and OPks this month. I should have ovulated today but haven't had a positive OPK yet. However the one i took this morning was darker than yesterdays, would that be a sign of ovulation coming soon? Im worried because i usually get all the signs of OV such as EWCM and pain etc but had nothing this month. Also is it ok to take the soy if you suspect you may already be ovulating by yourself or would it mess up cycles etc?

Thanks xx

I usually see a build up in my OPK's, so I'm sure you'll probably see a build-up, too! Just make sure to test in the early afternoon and late evening, so that you catch the actual surge!

You might not want to try soy; I did b/c I suspected I'm not ovulating and supposedly you can have a higher quality egg with soy, so I did a lot of research before trying it. I think I'm o'ing either today or tomorrow, and charting for the first cycle, so I'm really interested to see what happens to my temps in the next couple of days, see if I can get some proof that I actually ovulated! Good luck, all!

Hi ladies,

Thanks xx

I've just started so I probably won't be much help - but I didn't feel O pain until the day after the positive opk. Which I think makes sense because O
Pain could come from the the egg bursting through the ovarian wall. And yup, I had the same thing where the lines get stronger...

Thank you. I think i may have missed it this month or not going to O at all. I have none of my usual signs, no EWCM or pain. Now my OPK today barely had any line :-(

Thank you. I think i may have missed it this month or not going to O at all. I have none of my usual signs, no EWCM or pain. Now my OPK today barely had any line :-(

Don't get down, Sully! Keep using the OPK's! You won't always O on the same CD every month, so you're totally not out! Make sure to test twice/day so that you catch the surge!

Hey, ladies, got crosshairs on my chart from Fertility Friend today, which I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get. I haven't been very accurate with my temping - trying to get more accurate with it, last 5 days or so I've been very accurate with the time I've taken test.

I'm super-happy b/c I really wasn't sure that I WAS ovulating, so this is really giving me some hope that I did!

Now I'm in the 2WW! Updates on the rest of you??

So you can check out my chart by clicking the ticker below:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/38cb15/ttc.png

Hey, ladies, got crosshairs on my chart from Fertility Friend today, which I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get. I haven't been very accurate with my temping - trying to get more accurate with it, last 5 days or so I've been very accurate with the time I've taken test.

I'm super-happy b/c I really wasn't sure that I WAS ovulating, so this is really giving me some hope that I did!

Now I'm in the 2WW! Updates on the rest of you??

So you can check out my chart by clicking the ticker below:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/38cb15/ttc.png

Exciting! That's great. I am 8 dpo.... No symptoms really, besides twinges but they are probably totally in my head. I think I have a real chance this month, but trying not to get my hopes up. I will test next Wednesday if af doesn't show... But really trying not to think about it too much. But its hard when im not allowing myself any caffiene! Usually i drink a lot of tea but im truing to be super concious of what i am consuming. So that makes it hard not to think about, because to relax, i grab a cup of something hot! Hopefully all these health conscious decisions pay off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->