New to Ovulation tests - Question

mindgames77

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased some ovulation tests from the dollar store. The first one I took was mid-lastweek around July 27th.

It came up with a faint line. I understand that faint lines mean no LH surge.

I also took one on the 29th, with a barely visible line. My question is, does the shade of the line give away when you are about, or already have ovulated? As is will the line slowly get darker as you get close to ovulation, and lighter as you get further away. Or is it just at random as to whether a line shows at all?

I ask because we had sex on the 25th and if its possible that I ovulated (predicted ovulation date was the 30th but from the 25th-30th were my "fertile days") close there after, I could technically be pregnant right now, hence the sore breasts. But I am showing up negative on tests.

If I am pregnant could it be too soon to tell?

My breasts have been really sore (and I don't usually ever get sore breasts, not even with menstrual cycle) since the 31st of July. They have not gotten worse, or better. Its the same constant pain.

My next period, if its on time, (irregular) is due on the 15th of August.

well all women are different as to weather they have a line that gradually gets darker or just have random dark/light tests but i would reccomend testing everyday on the run up to ovulation so you dont miss your surge i only show pos opk's for about 6 hours so if i didnt test or ttest at the wrong time of day i would miss it,
also its wayyyyy to early for testing it takes arround 2 weeks from ovulation to get a positive hpt, hence (tww) every month i get sore bbs from 4dpo right upto af so its no sure sighn of pregnancy so it would make sense that you may have ovulated arround 28th-30th so you may not get a pos hpt untill about the 13th of august,
good luck

I grew up with a ob rn for a mom. I know the pt's are newer but she has even told me that it is best to wait until after a missed mc for the pt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->