New to reusable nappies

Mel+Bump

Reaction score
Ok, so this might sound like a silly question, but I was going to use disposable liners to put inside the reusable nappies to catch the poop. I only thought of this because I cant see what you do with the poo otherwise?

To be a bit graphic, do you scrape the poo out then wash the fleece liners...? It all just sounds very messy.

I really do want to give this a go and have already brought some Bambino inserts and wraps and 2 Itti Bitti SIO, and was going to put the disposable liners in them...that make sense? Sorry if this is a bit random and confusing lol. :)

I find that most poos will just fall off fleece liners now Q is on solids.

but newborn poo will go through the paper liners, and still go on the nappies. The liquidy poos breaks down well in the wash so we never bothered rinsing the nappy separately. We just put all the nappies on a rinse cycle in the washer before doing a proper wash with detergent.

^^ WSS I've never had any stains just sticking the nappies in the bucket then doing a rinse cycle before washing properly.

yep, disposable/flushable liners will do nothing while your lo is on milkk alone, i used to spray the nappy clean with the shower head down the drain and the dry pail or would just throw it straight in the pail but would always do a cold water rinse in the machine before doing a wash cycle. now he's on solids the flushable liners are working well for us.

Thank girls. Just got to wait for my LO to arrive and then I can try some different things and see which works best. I probably wont bother with flushables until shes on solids then :)

I use fleece liners for A when he's in fitted nappies to keep his little bum dry but just blast poo off with the shower for AIOs. Just a warning - i used a flushable liner once and his poo just spread like wildfire and came out the back of the nappy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->