New to temping/charting-- help?

MrsA6713

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are WTT, and waiting on my cycle to return. I took my last OTC Lo pill on 8/28, so 6 weeks ago, and still have not gotten my period. I started temping/checking CM and charting on 9/6, the day after my withdrawal bleed ended.

I took a HPT yesterday to rule out pregnancy, and it was negative, as I suspected. We have been trying to stay away from intercourse for a bit until we figure out what's going on with my cycle, and condoms are the worst! Haha.

Can anyone offer some insight into what's going on with me here? I'm wondering if the last 6 stable temps mean my body has finally regulated itself, but I was hoping someone with some more charting experience could help me interpret this a little more.

Thanks so much, everyone!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/chartgraph_module.php?d=2013-09-01

Hmm, your link is not working as it should, I don't think. I was looking at what came up, and it looked very familiar, and I realised it was MY chart from last cycle o_O I think you may have something odd going on in the link that doesn't show your chart, but the chart of whoever's looking at the link, if they have a ff account?

I wonder if it's to do with the 'm' on it...are you using it from your phone rather than a pc? hopefully someone who's a bit more technologically literate than I am will be along soon to help with that side of it.

I've been charting for >2 years now so would be happy to see if I can see anything in your chart when it shows up :)

Thank you so much for your reply!

I actually posted this same thing in my "introduce yourself" post, but no one seemed interested in answering my question, so I posted a new thread here.

In my original post, I was able to attach a picture of my chart. Adding today's temp, it went up to 97.4!

Here's a link to that thread...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/i...new-need-some-help-my-chart.html#post29932127

Stalking this as interested also! Took final pill on 9/12, had my withdrawal bleed, and today, exactly 28 days later, i have got my AF. Going to start temping as of tomorrow, I've been doing it a few days in the last month but keep forgetting to do it regularly! Are you doing OPK's as well? I have a few but not used any yet. Sorry I cant be of any assistance with the chart, all I know is to look out for a sharp increase in temp, and there looks to be one mid way through your cycle - its sometimes but not always preceded by a dip in temp, and again looks like you had one just before. I have read though that the first month or so after stopping hormonal contraception your cycle is all over the place so temping may not really tell you much. Good luck xx

Hey, I've had a squizz at your chart now and it looks like your body's still trying to figure itself out again - you've had EWCM a couple of times but no sustained temp rise. Like LauraLoo says, it can take a little while after stopping BCP to get back to normal, but it will come! The EWCM is a good sign, though, so hopefully things will settle down into a pattern soon.

I wouldn't worry about your temps being very similar or a bit 'all over the place'. It doesn't necessarily mean much - it's more the trend over time you want, e.g. for me, my pre-ov temps are almost always under 36.5C, and post-ov temps over 36.5. However pre-ov temps for me range from 35.9-36.6 or so, and post-ov 36.45-36.9 or so. One spike or dip on its own isn't necessarily predictive of anything - you can only be sure you've had a pre-ov dip once you've oved, if you see what I mean?

Ok, enough ramblings from me...I hope that's been of some use, anyway! I hope you get your cycle back soon and your BFP quickly when you start TTC :D

Thank you both for your replies! FF did give me dotted crosshairs indicating ovulation on 9/26 (which actually was my birthday, haha) but then took the crosshairs away once I had 3 temps at 97.3-- so I guess I'm still waiting for AF or another more defined ovulation spike.

It's just hard not to get frustrated with all of this and disheartening when so many of my girlfriends got their periods back immediately. Fingers crossed things are stabilizing soon!

Oh, and no, I am not using OPK's but I thought about trying them out just to help me interpret everything. So maybe I should give them a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->