New to this section - my story

GreyGirl

Pregnant with no2!
Reaction score
I'll try and keep this short. I felt it was more appropriate to say what's happened here that saying it in the introduction area.
I have PCOS and was very lucky to fall pregnant within 2 months of TTC the first time back in Feb/Mar.
In early April I got my BFP and by the end of the month my baby was gone. The mos frustrating part of the whole thing was that as my pregnancy went 'wrong' I was sent home from A&E with nothing more than paracetamol for extreme pain that turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. It took almost a week to get an 'emergency' scan and they then had to do emergency surgery as it wasn't far off erupting. If they'd listened sooner they could have saved my right tube, as it stands I'm a tube down and only just in the position to start TTC a second time.
We're TTC next month (missed ovulation this month) and using temp charting and OPK.
Hoping I'm as lucky to conceive as quickly as last time, I just hope it implants in the right place this time, I'm terrified of another ectopic.
Sorry for rambling on. I figured this was the place to come :)

hi hun
im so sorry for your loss and that you had such slow treatment from the nhs - they usually act pretty quickly if they suspect an ectopic. i just wanted to send you lots of luck for your bfp soon xx

by the way i have read stuff about the one tube finding the egg regardless of which ovary it was released from. cant remember where i read it but definitely did - i guess our bodies are cleverer than we think.

:hugs:

GreyGirl - So sorry for your recent loss and also not having one tube! I can't believe they didn't catch that...it's so dangerous for a woman...they should have looked better at the scan to rule it out the first time. :hugs:

Hey,

I am so sorry for your loss and what you went through. I wish you a lot of luck with TTC again and hope it happens quickly for you and all goes well.

:hugs:

Sorry for your loss. Hope your stay here is short xx

Thanks guys :)
They didn't suspect ectopic and only picked it up on the scan. It was never even mentioned - despite me telling them about all the symptoms (I had pretty much all of them bar shoulder tip pain).
That's really interesting to know the tube can still find the egg regardless of which ovary from...do you have a link so I can read it?

I'm so sorry for your loss and what you were caused to go through! I'm glad that you have decided to join us here, these ladies are great! But I also hope your stay here is short and that you get happy news soon!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->