New to WTT - hello!

Vanilla Spice

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and new to the idea of WTT but I thought it was about time to start talking to others who are in the same boat as me.

My hubbie and I have been together for 12yrs and married for 6yrs but have only recently started to talk about babies!

He's always been keen but I never thought I would want children...until now!!The more I think about it the more excited I feel. However, I can't talk to my closest friends or family about how I'm beginning to feel because none of them are WTT or TTC so I don't think they will understand. And I know my family would be disappointed to know that I'm thinking about starting a family.

Anyway...sorry for such a deep intro!! I just wanting to come on here and say "hi" to you all.

Vanilla Spice

Welcome to WTT, hope you enjoy your stay here :wave:

Hi Welcome to bnb!! Everyone is lovely here in wtt :)
Hope you don't mind me asking but why do you feel your family would be dissapointed?
:flower:

:hi:
Sorry yea why would they be disapointed you've been together for 12years? :hugs: Doesnt matter is your choice not theirs!! Good Luck...when you thinking about TTC?

Welcome! Hope your stay in WTT is short and your time goes by fast!

Welcome to WTT, hope you enjoy your time here and like a few of the other posters i want to know why your family would be disappointed, it sounds like you are in a great stable relationship and it should be celebrated.

Welcome to WTT :wave:

Hope we make your time here fun, we are all baby crazy! :haha:

Just try to remember at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, family or friends, your the one who will be bringing baby up for the rest of your life not them. Do whats right for you and your partner :hugs:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - I know I'm going to enjoy my time here!!

My parents aren't keen on the idea of being grandparents so I just know they wouldn't been keen to know that I'm thinking about trying for a baby. I know I shouldn't care what others think and my DH tells me this every day (his family on the other hand can't wait for us to have babies and hopefully lots of them!!).

My friends would be happy for us but I'm just not ready to talk them about my feelings...not just yet because we are still just WTT and not TTC and I don't want any pressure from anyone. For the time being I'm just enjoying talking and getting excited about the prospect of starting a family with my DH but he's a guy and can sometimes be a little...well guyish (if you know what I mean) about the subject even when he can sometimes be more excited then me!!

I know that all makes me sound completely crazy but it's hard to explain.

:hi: Welcome to wtt. I know what you mean by your man being 'guyish' when it comes to babies- aren't they all!!! xxx

Awww hun i'm sure your parents will be overjoyed in the end... Even if they are funny to begin with they will be happy in the end :hugs: :hugs:

Boys are all that way! :rofl: Mine gets so excited at times then seems completely uninterested at times, while I on the other hand have baby on the brain 24/7! I agree with the ladies your parents may not be keen yet but once they see the sweet LO they'll lov ehte idea. :hugs:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - I know I'm going to enjoy my time here!!

My parents aren't keen on the idea of being grandparents so I just know they wouldn't been keen to know that I'm thinking about trying for a baby. I know I shouldn't care what others think and my DH tells me this every day (his family on the other hand can't wait for us to have babies and hopefully lots of them!!).

My friends would be happy for us but I'm just not ready to talk them about my feelings...not just yet because we are still just WTT and not TTC and I don't want any pressure from anyone. For the time being I'm just enjoying talking and getting excited about the prospect of starting a family with my DH but he's a guy and can sometimes be a little...well guyish (if you know what I mean) about the subject even when he can sometimes be more excited then me!!

I know that all makes me sound completely crazy but it's hard to explain.

Don't worry sweety I know how you feel :hugs:

My mum is really not keen on being a grandparent, infact when I mentioned it she seemed very against the idea, Oh's family are the opposite, they have been begging me for months ! :haha:

I finally decided to go for it, and I'm keeping my mother in the loop regularly whether she is for it or against it, at the end of the day she may disagree with my decision but I think that when I hand over her first grandchild for her to hold all that will diminish. Noone can resist baby smell :blush:

Aaaahhh...thanks so much Guys! :hugs:

Here's hoping they come around to the idea when we start TTC. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"