New TTC#1 2WW buddy for Oct?

KRae615,
I just joined and am ttc on a similar schedule. i stopped bc a long time ago and my cycles have never been clock work so we tried just getting preggo the natural way in June. Then we tried the opks the next month and this month we are trying the cbfm. i had a peak on the 13 &14. . . now just waiting. the TWW stinks. waiting for af Oct 27.

Looks like we are on the same schedule! I am curious to hear if you experience any early symptoms ... I've been nauseous for the past week but I'm pretty sure that's TCC jitters.
Good Luck!!:thumbup:

i don't have any symptoms or not any that i feel really point to pregnancy. i have some Chess in my belly that feel like i have held my bladder for ages but i feel that is probably more related to my job. i read in one of your other pests you work nights. . . me too! i am an rn and i feel like working nights has really messed with my cycle like crazy. when i get off work i stay up all day to flip my schedule back to days. hopefully i will be going to a normal schedule soon. do you have an problem with your cycle relate to working nights?

FutureBabyG,

I am an overnight pharmacist, I work 7 nights on, 7 nights off in a hospital. I was really worried that my overnight schedule would throw things off ... and for a few cycles I had 6 week cycles! Which is why I said it took me 6 months to "normalize", because I didn't get AF for 6 weeks at a time for about 3 whole cycles.
However, for some reason the past three or so cycles have been within the 28-30 days, and I have definitely experienced symptoms of PMS and ovulation ... so I guess my body adjusted (?).
In terms of flipping back and forth days to nights, I do the same ... after my 7th night working I take a short nap (3-4 hrs) then wake up and try to stay up and go back to sleeping at night and up during the day. It surely takes a toll on the body and I work very hard to make sure I get plenty of rest when I'm working. Unfortunately the trade off is that my work weeks I see less of my husband and I'm not able to do as much around the house or with friends, but I feel that resting is more important for my body.

I think working nights can throw off your cycles ... but keeping track of symptoms, ovulation etc. may help. I have a phone app that's pretty neat where you can enter in your cycle length, any CM, body temp, etc.

I also try to keep up with exercise, so I walk with my dogs and go to yoga which I find helps in relaxing and not feeling sore or "hungover" from working nights.

Hope this helps, just my own take on things :) Good luck, keep us posted!

P.S. It's so nice to find someone who works overnights too! I looked online for some resources specifically for women who work nights, and found very little.

I am coping. Exact CD and DPO as you so lets keep positive together.
How are you feeling about this month?
That must be tough working the night shift. I'm a nurse and i've worked a night shift here and there to help out, but it really messes with my sleep schedule.

We miscarried in May with an unexpected pregnancy (wasn't meant to be i guess), married Aug 31st, 2013 and just honeymooned. We have been kinda of playing with fire since the miscarriage and not using protection, just avoiding the times i am fertile. So this is the FIRST REAL MONTH of TTC. So i understand how exciting and nerve racking it can be! :) I am not going to lie, i did POAS today just in case for some crazy reason my body O'd earlier than normal....lol BFN of course. i'm such a nut!

The 25th I am headed north to visit my family, i will be 9dpo on that morning. I will surely test that day. When i go home and visit the family there is always a bunch of wine consumed, specially with my brothers around. I will probably bring a test up there too so i can test on sat and sun as well.
When i had my BFP i got a faint line at 9dpo. fingers crossed!

I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. That must make TCC especially stressful and exciting at the same time.
Congrats on your marriage and what sounds like a wonderful honeymoon, too!
I don't think you're a nut for taking a POAS now ... I was SERIOUSLY considering it for the same reason lol! But I told myself an early BFN would just make me more anxious, so somehow I talked myself out of it. For now I am really just trying to keep myself super busy every day and be hopeful. Every morning when I wake up I look at the calender and I'm thankful that one more day of the 2WW has passed!

Have a fun weekend with your family, and stay positive! I will keep hoping for BFP's for both of us in the coming days! :flower:

That must be tough working the night shift. I'm a nurse and i've worked a night shift here and there to help out, but it really messes with my sleep schedule.

We miscarried in May with an unexpected pregnancy (wasn't meant to be i guess), married Aug 31st, 2013 and just honeymooned. We have been kinda of playing with fire since the miscarriage and not using protection, just avoiding the times i am fertile. So this is the FIRST REAL MONTH of TTC. So i understand how exciting and nerve racking it can be! :) I am not going to lie, i did POAS today just in case for some crazy reason my body O'd earlier than normal....lol BFN of course. i'm such a nut!

The 25th I am headed north to visit my family, i will be 9dpo on that morning. I will surely test that day. When i go home and visit the family there is always a bunch of wine consumed, specially with my brothers around. I will probably bring a test up there too so i can test on sat and sun as well.

I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. That must make TCC especially stressful and exciting at the same time.
I don't think you're a nut for taking a POAS now ... I was SERIOUSLY considering it for the same reason lol! But I told myself an early BFN would just make me more anxious, so somehow I talked myself out of it. For now I am really just trying to keep myself super busy every day and be hopeful. Every morning when I wake up I look at the calender and I'm thankful that one more day of the 2WW has passed!

Have a fun weekend with your family, and stay positive! I will keep hoping for BFP's for both of us in the coming days! :flower:

I take so many early HPT's, that a negative has no effect on me. lol I think i have desensitized myself. haha :dohh:
I will be visiting the family NEXT weekend, wish it was this weekend, then the weekend would fly by without a thought of TWW. yes i have tested already (2DPO...lol) but i will not be bringing any tests home with me this weekend, so i will HAVE to wait till Monday (still ridiculously early...but whatever, im cray cray).
My bloating has subsided (it was super bad for the past 3-4 days....Ovulation perhaps?) Anyone else get bloated around that time? I was also a raging B***h yesterday. Gave poor husband an earful for not folding the laundry. oy! I did apologize though. My B.

:dust:

Happy Friday everyone!

I take so many early HPT's, that a negative has no effect on me. lol I think i have desensitized myself. haha :dohh:
I will be visiting the family NEXT weekend, wish it was this weekend, then the weekend would fly by without a thought of TWW. yes i have tested already (2DPO...lol) but i will not be bringing any tests home with me this weekend, so i will HAVE to wait till Monday (still ridiculously early...but whatever, im cray cray).
My bloating has subsided (it was super bad for the past 3-4 days....Ovulation perhaps?) Anyone else get bloated around that time? I was also a raging B***h yesterday. Gave poor husband an earful for not folding the laundry. oy! I did apologize though. My B.

:dust:

Happy Friday everyone!

lmbhj- so sorry about the miscarraige! But congrats on getting married.
KRae615- I am trying to talk myself out of home testing since I test with my Dr. on Monday.

Hey everyone. I'm on cd 17 and 4 DPO. It's taking every ounce of strength not to test yet. I think I may cave today. We got married on Oct 5th and decided to try for a honeymoon baby. I'm not temping or opk just using an app to track AF and O day. Good luck everyone!!

Hey everyone. I'm on cd 17 and 4 DPO. It's taking every ounce of strength not to test yet. I think I may cave today. We got married on Oct 5th and decided to try for a honeymoon baby. I'm not temping or opk just using an app to track AF and O day. Good luck everyone!!

Yay for honeymoon baby! Your the same as me.

How are you keeping yourself busy? This waiting is the hardest. I also don't think we BD enough this month. We were so tired that we only BD o-3 and o-1. Hopefully that was enough.

I am also on my 2WW but im 4DPO per my charting. This is our cycle 7 and I am soo ready for a BFP but I know I have to keep staying postive and it will all happen for us in due time. I sure do hope so! Good luck ladies :)

How are you keeping yourself busy? This waiting is the hardest. I also don't think we BD enough this month. We were so tired that we only BD o-3 and o-1. Hopefully that was enough.

Wow I am trying for a honeymoon baby too! Got married Aug 31st, and honeymooned Oct 5th - 14th in Aruba! YAY ladies. How perfect would that be?!?!?!

Cant you tell i was honeymooning from my chart?!
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4315e6

I O'd on Oct 13th, so I'm trying to hold out until Oct 27th to test. I've been TTC for about 11 months now, and this is my first month taking Clomid. Trying not to get overly excited since it's just the first month on Clomid, but as well all know, it's hard not to get our hopes up!!

I O'd on Oct 13th, so I'm trying to hold out until Oct 27th to test. I've been TTC for about 11 months now, and this is my first month taking Clomid. Trying not to get overly excited since it's just the first month on Clomid, but as well all know, it's hard not to get our hopes up!!

I'm several rounds in, but it never gets easier in the TWW!:hug:

its very easy to get hopes up no matter how hard we try to be level headed a belly ache, gas etc can be a thought of oh it might be.... i am also due for af the 27. are you planning on taking any tests before then?

FutureBabyG,

I am an overnight pharmacist, I work 7 nights on, 7 nights off in a hospital. I was really worried that my overnight schedule would throw things off ... and for a few cycles I had 6 week cycles! Which is why I said it took me 6 months to "normalize", because I didn't get AF for 6 weeks at a time for about 3 whole cycles.
However, for some reason the past three or so cycles have been within the 28-30 days, and I have definitely experienced symptoms of PMS and ovulation ... so I guess my body adjusted (?).
In terms of flipping back and forth days to nights, I do the same ... after my 7th night working I take a short nap (3-4 hrs) then wake up and try to stay up and go back to sleeping at night and up during the day. It surely takes a toll on the body and I work very hard to make sure I get plenty of rest when I'm working. Unfortunately the trade off is that my work weeks I see less of my husband and I'm not able to do as much around the house or with friends, but I feel that resting is more important for my body.

I think working nights can throw off your cycles ... but keeping track of symptoms, ovulation etc. may help. I have a phone app that's pretty neat where you can enter in your cycle length, any CM, body temp, etc.

I also try to keep up with exercise, so I walk with my dogs and go to yoga which I find helps in relaxing and not feeling sore or "hungover" from working nights.

Hope this helps, just my own take on things :) Good luck, keep us posted!

i am glad your cycle regulated easily. . . i have been on night almost three years. i almost wonder if my cycle changes due to my go go go behaviors. i don't get a ton of sleep bc when my body wakes up i just get up so i also have two part time jobs i really enjoy but can be stressful and exhausting. . . how are you doing? any urge to test or thoughtsto test next week?

its very easy to get hopes up no matter how hard we try to be level headed a belly ache, gas etc can be a thought of oh it might be.... i am also due for af the 27. are you planning on taking any tests before then?

Well, most likely I will have a hard time holding out until the 27th if I'm being honest with myself. :winkwink: I might try around the 23rd (10dpo), and then again on the 25th. That's very discouraging for me when I get those BFNs, but even as much as I tell myself I will wait to test, I know I probably wont! :dohh: How about you?

Hi i'm a newbie to discussion forums, I am in the middle of my tww and going crazy I have gotten some positive signs but I think people are sick of hearing about my obsession. Im on 11dpo with a neg test this morn. It would be awesome to chat with other ladies going through the same thing!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->