New Weaners

I give toast to my LO, though I have realised he prefers the bread non-toasted, if I give it him just as it is he will eat all of it; but if its toasted he will chew it up and spit out about half. I tried him with rice today (with a tomato sauce to hold it together); what a disaster! He emptied it off the preloaded spoons and smushed it everywhere; he just wasn't interested, he was only interested in the roasted butternut squash I had made to go alongside :( xx

Hey, just started weaning my son, I have a poo question I'm afraid! (Sorry TMI)

How do you know when they've pooed out food? He has had some little lumps in his poo the last two days and they seem a bit thicker than usual, but I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not.

Thats probably food poo! I find actually bits of food in Erins nappy - it looks like small chunks of whatever she has had (she is BLW). Their poo will change colour and consitance quite quickly once solids are added too.

Thats probably food poo! I find actually bits of food in Erins nappy - it looks like small chunks of whatever she has had (she is BLW). Their poo will change colour and consitance quite quickly once solids are added too.

Yay he swallowed some!:happydance:

Kieran had some pita bread yesterday and loved it. Very surprised at how good he chewed it and swallowed big bits! Last night he had farts that stunk though! I am really going to miss the BF poo and the ease of it!!

i miss the non offensive smelling poo from before weaning began!!! my gag reflex is getting tested big time ha ha

How's everyone doing??

I have ordered the Blw cookbook as I feel like I am constantly feeding Kieran the same foods over and over. Hope it's good.

Today I had an apple and once I ate most of the skin I let him have some. At first he was just sucking the juice out but then he managed to take small bites. Vey impressive considering it was very firm and from the fridge!! It probably felt so nice on his 2 bottom teeth that are cutting through.

He hasn't had any meat yet but think we are going to try him with some roast beef this weekend!

Sounds good :thumbup: I have that cookbook but havent used it yet :blush: We just give her what we're having so no need just yet.

She has been poorly sick today so only managed her breakfast - bit worried what tonight might bring now!! Well, actually, I'm off out to watch Harry Potter so DH will have to deal with her if she wakes before I get home :haha:

Cerib-what sort of meals do you make if you don't mind me asking? I just feel like some of the foods we eat are not healthy enough for Kieran.

Today Ella had eggy bread for breakfast and for lunch she had potato with a small amount of grated cheese (really need to get a low salt cheese). She ate most of the eggy bread but hardly ate any of her potato and cheese.

Yesterday she had mashed banana on toast for breakfast and for lunch chicken, potato, broc and mixed veg.

I am following slimming world so our food is relatively healthy so within reason she is able to eat what we have.

I'm a Slimming Worlder too :thumbup:

For example, tonight we had veg rissotto - I cut the veg into long fingers and cooked it all in the rissotto. She would have had the veg straight from my plate, if she hadn't off been too tired to eat! Yesterday we had real chips, quorn sausages and beans (Erin had a few chips, half a sausage both dipped in bean juice) and Wednesday we had pork stir fry. If we were going to have fishfingers or chicken drummers, I would Erin something else tbh, but would give her some chips. She quite likes potatos!!

The only thing I havent tried yet is spag bol/chilli type dishes! I'm too scared of the mess!!!!

Hi ladies- been a few days since i have been on here-

I am a slimming worlder too!!! though i have went off the rails this week- had way too much toast and chocolate!!!!!!

it is great though for LO's when doing slimming world as they can eat all we eat.

lovealittle1 i feel the same- i am always giving LO the same foods and i am desperate for ideas! everything i try for lunch she just doesnt seem to like and I usually give her potatoes with different veg and maybe meat some days for dinner- I dont want to give her a heavy dinner like potatoes twice a day!

she hated scrambled eggs and omlette. hated spag bol and baked beans!!! maybe i should try in a few weeks again with these....

Ella is only on 2 meals a day at the moment but do you plan your meals? I find this really helps me keep on track with slimming world and helps me get a variety which will also help me ensure Ella is getting a whole variety of different things.

have you tried ricecakes? wraps? what about offering bits and pieces - i.e cucumber sticks, fruit, a little grated cheese, a little cooked chicken etc - basically any little bits and bobs you have in.

i feel organised for breakfast and dinner but i just feel lost when it comes to lunch...

I have never tried rice cakes so thats def an idea, i must buy some and try them. i dont even know what to eat for lunch myself most days so its no wonder i cant find variety for poor Ava too!

i maybe need to write down a meal plan for the week ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->