New Year resolution

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Naturalmystic, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Naturalmystic

Naturalmystic Punky mommy

Is anybody else making a new year resolution not to symptom spot? This month (like other months before) I was convinced that I was pregnant. I had the typical symptoms and I convinced myself that I was 90% sure that I was pregnant since I did the BD during ovulation. As usual the witch showed her ugly head early and all hopes of santa bringing a BFP went out the window. lol. So I am making a resolution not to symptom spot for the new year.

2. salb10

salb10 Well-Known Member

i'll go with that!
    5 BFN's in the last 48 hrs has driven me insane!
    was due af on 26th so today after this mornings bfn i finally told myself enough is enough- this months not 'the one' but, i thought, at least i can have some good christmas sex to console myself! but ohhhh no, just to give me that extra kick in the teeth- af arrived today! 2 days fecking earlier just in time to spoil xmas sex! GRRRRRRR!!!!

3. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

I'm in. I was so set on symptom spotting that I completely missed the fact that I hadn't O'd on my usual CD, I had some signs so assumed it had happened. So 9 days later when I was symptom spotting it occured to me that I could have got my dates wrong but I was so convinced it had happened at the normal time I explained this away as possible preggo symptoms. How wrong I was!!! Now waiting for AF to show 9 days later than I thought. All after 2 BFNs and a whole load of emotional trauma. Next month (If I am now right) I am just gonna bd all month every 2-3 days as I obviously havent got regular cycles after BCP yet! Temping or opk would just get me into the ss rut again.

My other resolution is to be a better housewife (even whilst working full time :p)

:dust:
    for 2010 BFPs!!!

4. Naturalmystic

I was driving myself insane with thinking every little thing that happens is a sign. I decided that I need to take back charge of my life.

5. BellaBlu

BellaBlu Lovin' my boys :)

I'm with ya. It's borderline insanity in my case.. My husband isn't going to believe me when I tell him I'm pregnant when I actually am. Because I've been 99% positive so many times. Lol.. such a curse.. wishful thinking is. SO *cheers* to no symptom spotting.. This is gonna be harder than cutting caffeine out of my diet! :) *Best Wishes* :hugs:

6. Naturalmystic

I agree this may be my hardest resolution to keep to date but I need to do this for my sanity because I get so depressed when AF shows and I feel really dumb too. lol

7. fairygirl

fairygirl Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows

I felt so stupid this morning when I finally realised what was going on. I cried lots!
    It'll happen when it is meant to happen so let's not be too hard on ourselves.

:wine: *cheers* No symptom spotting and a drink or two over Christmas! :wine:

8. Naturalmystic

Cheers, to no symptom spotting