New years eve

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Do you do anything to celebrate new years eve?
We will just be staying in and maybe have a takeaway :)

No nothing :lol: My other half always works it so it's usually just me, I might let my 8 year old stay up this year. x

We used to go watch the fireworks but since having ds we just stay home n are in bed by 10pm :haha: once all the noise starts outside we wake up say happy new year n go back to sleep :haha:

Staying in and eating party food (just me and OH!!) will maybe drink some prosecco or open the mulled wine we forgot about over Christmas! Not even sure I'll see in midnight. My youngest is a terrible sleeper and on New Year's Day I want to treat the eldest to a trip to the ice skating rink at the garden centre. It's the last day it's there so need to keep a clear head!

We go to a big family party at my uncle's house. We're a huge family so some of my first cousins are a similar age to DS, so he has great fun running around with them or singing with my aunts and uncles who usually have a sing-song in the livingroom. Then just before midnight everyone piles into the front garden for the countdown (and so do a lot of the neighbours) and we sing Auld Lang Syne and listen to the bells in the nearby cathedral ring in the new year. Then everyone runs around the houses wishing happy new year to each other. My uncle's house is also right next to the area that the city fireworks display is held (on the years they bother) so we'd have a brilliant view if there was a display. There isn't one this year though unfortunately, but someone somewhere usually lets a few off and we big them up to the kids. ;)

Then I dress DS in his pjs before we head home and wrap him up in blankets in his car seat, in the hope he'll fall asleep on the way home. It's only a few minutes drive though, so it's total luck if he conks out in time. If he's asleep when we get home, I might have a Baileys Hot Chocolate in bed. If he's awake, then I'll probably conk out myself once I manage to settle him.

We have our grandson on New years eve as his daddy and mummy are going to a party :cloud9: We might head down to my mums house for a family party but only if I feel like sharing him :blush:
If we dont go to my mums, myself, oh, son and grandson will snuggle up with a dvd and wait for midnight :)

This year we'll be going to my friend's house to spend time with her, her husband and their son. We might stay overnight, depends how the evening goes with the kids. Should be fun though, I'm looking forward to it, normally we just stay home and go to bed early like really fun people, lol.

We're going to a friends party from 5pm until the kids bedtime, we'll be doing a fake midnight countdown and stuff :). Then home, kids in bed and DH and I will eat party food and watch TV, nice and low key :)

Kids will go to bed as normal, me and oh may watch a movie. Will probably be inbed before midnight though. May even be asleep before might. We are so boring. We sit down and make new year resolutions/ goals as a family in the day, then i write them up all fancy and stick them up on the fridge.

We are going to see a pantomime tomorrow afternoon, which should be lovely.

In the evening ,we will either go out for an early dinner or get a takeaway. It'll just be me and my husband tomorrow night.

Nope :( Except, I am going off SW plan and OH and I will have a pie and chips. Wahay... lol

We are staying in too. Its too cold!!.

We will have a meal with the girls before their bedtime. Just cannot decide what to have cook or order a takeaway .. I feel like both now haha. Then me and OH will probably have a few drinks and hopefully I will see midnight without falling asleep.

I don't really enjoy NYE. Never understood the hype around it all. I do like watching the NYE shows on BBC One lol. It's the only time I watch it .

We are staying in just us 4. The kids will probably crash on the sofa, if they wake up I'll take them to my bedroom window to watch the fireworks. Then we'll just go to bed.
2 years ago we went to the cricket club down the road as they had a room where the kids were allowed and had a children's dj, we might go there next year, we feel scarlett is a little small this year in that she will get knocked over all the time due to the bigger kids running wild.

DH is working so my brother, SIL and kids are coming over to play board games and eat party food until the kids bedtime

Nothing. I probably won't even be awake for new year. I've never understood the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->