New Year's Testers - let's start the year with BFPs!

Do people in this thread want me to start a list in the first post?

A list would be great. :)

I need to buy a ton of internet cheapie pregnancy tests. I have a feeling I'm going to need them. lol. I love to test early, so I try to hold out buying tests, but now that we're officially NTNP, I don't think I can help myself. :haha:

lylasmummy - I really like the names you chose for your daughters and future son :)

I'm just starting to think about ttc#2.. Our LO is just 2, and getting excited about it all!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, hopefully this year will be much better :)

aidensxmomma - I'm ovulating around 22nd as well, can't wait till NY!

prettybirdy27 - a list will be great!

Hi Ladies,

I came off my pill last month, Before I was on it I had very irregular periods! We are TTC#2. I have not had AF since I have come off my pill, Recently I have been feeling on and off sick, with these stupid butterfly feelings with some back ache and headaches.
I don't want to read too much into this as we have only just started trying and I don't want to get carried away.

So I guess my question is after coming off the pill did any of you get pregnant before AF showed again? And if so how long am I meant to wait to test? I feel like I have nothing to gage off as to when I should test or when is too early.

Thank you xxx

Hi everyone!

I have a 21 month old DS and have been ttc #2 since July. I got a BFP in August but miscarried at 7.5 weeks. I'm 38 years old so time is not on my side. My period is due on New Years Day. I bought lots of OPK's and will be temping this time around so hopefully 2015 will start with a BFP!!!

When is everyone expecting to ovulate? I'm guessing around CD18-20.

Good luck!

Hi everyone!

I have a 21 month old DS and have been ttc #2 since July. I got a BFP in August but miscarried at 7.5 weeks. I'm 38 years old so time is not on my side. My period is due on New Years Day. I bought lots of OPK's and will be temping this time around so hopefully 2015 will start with a BFP!!!

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs:

According to my app, I should be ovulating Dec. 22 (cd22). The wait to ovulate is about as much fun as the tww. :haha:

Hi everyone!

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your loss. FF has my expected ovulation as CD 16 which sounds about right to me. My AF is due on new years day so my plan was to test new years eve but I'll probably be poas way before the lol. Good luck

I love waiting - waiting to ovulate...waiting to test...waiting for the ultrasound....waiting to make it through the first trimester....

AHHHH!!

But what fun little things they are, arn't they?

I can't wait to start feeling every little ache, pull, pain....that could be a pregnancy symptom or....gas :dohh:

Hey ladies!

DH and I are in our second cycle of TTC! We are trying for baby #3, hoping for a girl this time around! I have 2 boys already - a 5.5 year old and my youngest just turned 3 :cloud9:

Because birth control didn't really sit well with me after the last baby, I've been charting to prevent pregnancy for 2.5 years. As such, I already know all there is to know about my cycle!! I have long cycles and tend to ovulate around CD21 or 22. CD1 this month happened on Dec 1st, so it looks like I should O on Dec 21 or 22nd, which means I can start testing New Years Day or so. I try to hold out past 10DPO, but I get desperate to know. :haha:

So, unless I manage to ovulate early this cycle (rare, so unlikely!) ... I think I belong here! Fingers crossed for a nice big bunch of September due dates! :winkwink:

My sister is being induced tomorrow morning with her second baby, so my baby fever is shooting through the roof right now :blush:

Hey ladies!

DH and I are in our second cycle of TTC! We are trying for baby #3, hoping for a girl this time around! I have 2 boys already - a 5.5 year old and my youngest just turned 3 :cloud9:

Because birth control didn't really sit well with me after the last baby, I've been charting to prevent pregnancy for 2.5 years. As such, I already know all there is to know about my cycle!! I have long cycles and tend to ovulate around CD21 or 22. CD1 this month happened on Dec 1st, so it looks like I should O on Dec 21 or 22nd, which means I can start testing New Years Day or so. I try to hold out past 10DPO, but I get desperate to know. :haha:

So, unless I manage to ovulate early this cycle (rare, so unlikely!) ... I think I belong here! Fingers crossed for a nice big bunch of September due dates! :winkwink:

My sister is being induced tomorrow morning with her second baby, so my baby fever is shooting through the roof right now :blush:

Your cycle is almost exactly the same as mine. I was going to try to hold out testing until AF is due, but I know that's not going to happen :haha:

My brother and his girlfriend just had their son on December 7, so I hear ya on being extra broody.

Long cycles are the pits, aren't they!?

Sister went into labor tonight! Broodyx100 now...!

Hi everyone!

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your loss. FF has my expected ovulation as CD 16 which sounds about right to me. My AF is due on new years day so my plan was to test new years eve but I'll probably be poas way before the lol. Good luck

I'm so sorry for what both of you have been through.

PrincessTaz, my cycle is predicted just like yours. CD 16 should be ovulation, and my unrealistic hope for myself is to hold off on testing until New Year's Day. :)

Are any of you refraining from drinking alcohol over Christmas and New Year's Eve? I've decided to allow myself some alcohol, I don't want TTC to drastically affect my holidays and I also don't want any raised eyebrows. I'll stick to wine and only a glass or two I think!

aley - They definitely are. At least my cycles are better than they used to be, though. They were long and unpredictable. Some cycles would be 5 weeks long, some would be 8. It was horrible.

Congrats to your sister! Sending some thoughts her way for a quick and easy delivery. :thumbup:

Are any of you refraining from drinking alcohol over Christmas and New Year's Eve? I've decided to allow myself some alcohol, I don't want TTC to drastically affect my holidays and I also don't want any raised eyebrows. I'll stick to wine and only a glass or two I think!

I will probably have a drink or two for New Year's Eve. Like you, I don't want ttc to affect my holidays too much. That being said, I don't normally drink much anyway, so if I don't drink, no one would even notice fortunately.

PrincessTaz, my cycle is predicted just like yours. CD 16 should be ovulation, and my unrealistic hope for myself is to hold off on testing until New Year's Day. :)

Lol, I never manage to wait and poas when I say I'm going to. Not buying any frer or digis this time though because I say I'll only use them to confirm my ICs but I always end up thinking ICs are wrong and a frer will give me the bfp :haha: Gets expensive.

I am not going to totally refrain from drinking, I don't even know if I will ovulate myself so just want to try and stay as relaxed as possible for now. I won't drink much though, a few couple of Baileys on Xmas day. I'll be testing on NYE so will make up for it then if it's a bfn. Hope it's not though :)

I'll probably have a couple of drinks on Christmas, and New Year depends on how many DPO I am and if I've POAS yet. BFNs, and I'll have a couple. BFPs and I'll just tell everybody that I'm driving. :haha: I don't party on NYE, ever... its just a huge family night with my family, and I have my kids with. This year my husband has to work, so me not drinking on NYE will halfway be expected. :thumbup:

Lucky me, I'm a pathetic lightweight and one or two drinks, especially wine lol, will leave me heavily buzzing. This is impossible to hide LOL, so everybody knows... so there's hardly any surprise when I opt out of drinking, or if I only have one at events. :thumbup: Especially when my husband can't be there!

Lol, I never manage to wait and poas when I say I'm going to. Not buying any frer or digis this time though because I say I'll only use them to confirm my ICs but I always end up thinking ICs are wrong and a frer will give me the bfp :haha: Gets expensive.

I am not going to totally refrain from drinking, I don't even know if I will ovulate myself so just want to try and stay as relaxed as possible for now. I won't drink much though, a few couple of Baileys on Xmas day. I'll be testing on NYE so will make up for it then if it's a bfn. Hope it's not though :)

I do this constantly too. :dohh:

Hi ladies :wave: Can I join?

Currently CD1 & this is our 8th cycle TTC#2.

PrincessTaz, I just love your little ones name, Winter! If our next baby is a girl, I'd love to call her Autumn, my OH isn't too keen though, he's so picky with names.

I think Brooke & Autumn go lovely together too :cloud9:

Hey everyone, sorry I fell off the planet for a few days. I had some personal issues going on. But now I am back, and I have made a quick list on the first post - let me know if I forgot something or if you have anything to add.

I was playing around with my fertility apps - I was using My Days for a while, but hated it, and just started using Fertility Friend last Sunday. My Days says I should O on Dec 16. Last night I put in my previous two month's periods into FF and it changed my O date to a range, it says the 16th-18th, and AF should be due NYE.

I'm really hoping I get a positive on NYE, and then when everyone waits until midnight and yells "HAPPY NEW YEAR" I'll yell "I'M PREGNANT!!" It's a nice thought, but I'm not entirely sure I would want to announce it on the same day I potentially got a positive, just in case.

I plan on drinking a glass or two of wine on Christmas, because I'll be spending it with DH's incredibly nosy family. If they see me not drinking, rumors will start flying like wildfire. Same with NYE. For the last 5 years, any time I've been with his family and not wanted to drink, rumors and accusations about being pregnant followed immediately, and it's really dang annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->