Newbie and looking for help!!!

Clarabell25

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, \im new here and was hoping i could get some much needed advice.. I was wondering if anyone could advise me regarding my little girl who was born at 25 weeks and is now 1 year old, 8 month corrected. The problem we are having is her weight gain, she is only 12lbs 8oz at the moment. She came home on o2 at 0.2 and 4 months ago was taken off oxygen during the day but since then she has struggled with her weight and only last week the hospital have advised me to put her back on oxygen during the day to see if this helps with her weight, they havent put her on a sats monitor and we have constantly advised the hospital that she doesnt like taking her bottle but loves her solids...she normally takes 300 - 400ml a day in milk which i know is not enough. We have now requested a dietician but have been told that we need to see a speech therapist first!! Does anyone else have this problem with weight gain or anyone also had their baby put back on oxygen due to lack of weight gain? Sorry this is long winded, im new to all this, please bear with me :blush:

Didn't want to read and run - I don't have any advice as Sophie hasn't had any problems gaining weight, but I know there are other ladies on here who will be able to help when they see your post :)

xxx

Hi hun didn't want to read and run, hope you get some advice soon, the ladies here are fab xx

Hello from another mum of a 25 weaker.

My lo is 19 months actual tomorrow / 15 months corrected and at her last weigh in a few weeks back was 16lb 3oz. She was 1lb 7oz at birth. At her 12 month corrected appointment with neonatal I suggested she see a dietician to get some high calorie milk or supplement because she had a 6 week spell were she lost 9oz due to not eating much and since she was slow at gaining weight I couldn't see how she could regain that weight and more without something. The neonatal wanted to wait 3 months so I spoke to my HV who agreed and she got the GP to refer her. She is now on infatrini but tbh hasn't made a massive difference. Guessing she is just going to be small!

Holly never came home on oxygen but I do remember her weight slowing down in Nicu when she came off it.

I add cheese, olive oil, butter & cream to lots of hollys food to boost the calories.

I know it's difficult but try not to stress as one consultant told me he didn't expect Holly to catch up on weight for at least 5 years.

PM me if you need anything.

Good luck

Hey,

My little man was born at 24 weeks weighing 1.5lb, he too came home on oxygen and whilst on the oxygen, looking back his weight gain was quite good, when he came off it, he just see to sit! He has been under a dietican since he came home, fab lady, who has tried all different milk to fatten him up, nutriprem and slimulak being the best 2 that worked for him.. She also told us to add cheese, butter, cream, anything fattening and some more! He is on such a high caloried diet, yet at 16months old, he is still just under 17pound! I am seeing her at the end of the month to discuss extra additives.

Harry never had to go back on his o2 for his weight gain, its never been mentioned really, but his lungs are not doing great at the moment, waiting for some results to come back and he may have to go back on it at some point but thats another story!

I hope all goes well and feel free to ask away xxx

Hi Clarabell25. I wanna send you a big hug! :hugs: I know i know you :winkwink: I say get on the phone to the hospital and either get a full explanation as to why they wont refer you to the dietician AS Well as the speech therapist. Failing that would your GP refer you? x

I didn't want to read and run. Good luck, and I hope you get the answers you want! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->