Newbie had my baby at 26+2 what a roller coaster of emotions

Its going to be bitter sweet knowing that he has to go back to hospital again for surgery on his hernia. It's hard to enjoy it fully. Plus coming on home o2 isn't fantastic but they said they wouldn't wean him until spring so we looking a good few months on it. But I'm trying to stay positive that I can overcome the home o2 and enjoy my time with my baby.

On the up side he may come off befor spring one thing I know these premies right their own story

Thats what i said but they said its madness weaning him in the coldest winter we have... they said it will take a long time to wean as he is at home and if he were at hospital it would be much faster. On the upside is that he is going to be with his family and get so much love and attention not to mention being spoilt rotten! It will help is development... I guess its something which I have to get used to and atleast I'm not being told its for years. Only a few days left... I get to anxious that what if something goes wrong and they tell me its impossible for them so send him. Today I went hospital and found he didn't have is nasal canula's in his nostrils I was so scared as I thought something must have happened to him so I put the light on just to see him moving about and really nice pink, I tell u my heart was in my mouth.

its a natural feeling us PREMIE moms know all to well, dont worry he will be home so try to get things ready for him

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear he's home with you. You've had such a bumpy journey. What a tough little boy. Well i hope you have a FANTASTIC Christmas xoxo

Congratulations. Enjoy the sleepless nights.

Hope you and your family have an amazing Christmas xx

Thank you so much! Hope u guys have a fab xmas with your lil ones!! Aaryan is doing well, only real issue he is having is trouble with wind think he has colic. Otherwise yes sleepless nights have begun ha ha! We booked his hernia operation for end of jan. Finally home I still can't believe it.

Thanks its tough I got to say, most problem at the moment is feeding, he has so much wind that he is crying so much and the wind is not letting him finish his feeds, dont know what to do.

yes my little Michael also has a lot of gas, i try to do some bicycle excercises with him and that helps some times, i lay him down and pull his legs towards his chest and he lets it out, the doc says that they usually are gassy and they dont get over it until they are 3 months corrected

Thanks Agiboma, I'm trying to massage him and move his legs about sometimes it works, he is not 3 months corrected yet so I guess we have to wait. Enjoying him at home although he has a cold which was passed down by my daughter so is not well at all, hoping everyone is well for xmas! Hows your lil one doing?

Thats great news! We are still on home o2 going to have many sleep studies to check how he is doing. Does anyone know how much weight should babies with CLD on average put on per week?

I dont know what the average is but my lo is slow at gaining weight. She would only gain around 4oz a week when she was younger. At 8 months corrected she is only gaining about 2.

my little boy was 26+1 and he was vented for a long time, i cnat remember how long tho, he also had a collapsed lung and a PDA, he has 3 courses of aintibotics and non of them worked, they was talks about the op but they said it wasnt effectin his breathing so never went ahead with it, he still has it now and his 8 months..
and i know how you feel when you little ones SAT's dropped my little girls used to swing all the time till one day she dipped to i think it was 14% it was horrible, she did this a lot and was back n forword on the CPAP and low flow..
its seems like there on these breathing machines for ever and a day but he will be off it in no time, but its like taken 1 step forward then 3 steps back but somewere along the line they just think sod this i can do this on my own and find all the strengh in the world and amaze you! :D
i hope you little man has a speedy recovery, and you keep srtong coz your lil man needs his mamma n da da for his cuddle :)
xxx
:baby:

i didnt see all these other replys, you home now!! yey this must be a old post (im new to this as you can guess lol)
well i hope you all have a lovely xmas xx

Thanks everyone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year! Mine has been very busy. Bad news is that they want to put Aaryans u2 up they said his heart rate is too high. Other than that he is doing ok. I dont know when he will come off it, it feels like forever. He is getting fussy with feeds but just hope he puts on weight as he is still very small for his age.

Happy new year.

Sorry to hear aaryans o2 was increased. Hopefully it will help and you can start reducing it soon.

I know it's difficult but try not to stress too much about weight. I spent so long stressing about it and when I holly's 6 month corrected app in oct I said to the consultant that I was going to start adding cream, butter etc to her solids to help her weight gain. He told me not to bother as it won't help development it will just make her chubby. He said it will take several years for her weight to catch up which was fine. 2 weeks ago she was 13lb 10oz so I am hoping she reaches the 1 stone mark next week for her 1st birthday!

I hope the feeding gets easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->