Newbie had my baby at 26+2 what a roller coaster of emotions

Yeahhhh about the eyetest Micah on the crbt was always on the 20"s even when his PDA was at it's worst cpac he was in the 20"s also and spent 2 weeks on cpac and snothe 1.5 weeks on low flow I went to the nicu today to pick up breast milk and saw a mom he baby had cld and hot the steroids to get off the jet ventilator he has been on cpac for s few days now he is in 40 percent at the highest doc said he willmost likely go home air so every baby is different but for Aaryon to be cycling it is great news and he will be onloe flow in no time

Glad to hear Aaryan's eyes are all ok. It's such a horrible test for them to have!

I don't think I have seen many on bnb with babies who went home on oxygen but if you go to the bliss forums there have been plenty on it. They will be able to reassure you on how to cope with it and tell you how long they were on it etc. All of them say it soon becomes second nature and some of them even felt more reassured having their lo on oxygen.

I hope the cycling goes well. He will get the hang if feeding but it takes them a while to remember to breathe as well as sucking & swallowing.

Keep up the good work little man

Xx

Thanks guys, I was told on cpap he is not requiring much o2 between 22-23%. On nasal its a bit more 0.05 so I'm assuming once he gets used to it he can start slowly wean. I don't want to come home on o2 obviously but then again if he is ready then I wanna get out of hospital.

Feeds a couple of days ago went well yday he looked extremely tired so maybe he just had one of those days. Though I'm not in a rush to feed him, I just want him on low flow first. Still I'm hoping early december 4 weeks from now I can go home lets see, it might stretch a bit more I know but its nice to work towards something.

I will check bliss website. x

I was wondering about you guys too. Hope you and the little man are well xx

It's been a tough few weeks to adjust at the new hospital, not sure that we have fully adjusted. Aaryan has been off cpap for the past 4 days, on low flow his o2 has crept up so thats not been fantastic. He has been moved in to a cot. He is bottle feeding a bit. Main thing now is to lower his o2 slowly be on full feeds on bottle then home. Everyone there says he should be home before xmas but noone is sure whether he will be off o2 or not by then. I don't know part of me is happy the other part is scared. Just getting very very fed up of going hospital just want him home now.

Yeah glad to hear Aaryan is off cpap and in a cot. When they first started weaning Holly of cpap she didn't need oxygen but as the spells got longer she started requiring it. I am guessing they are a little bit more tired fully breathing on her own.

Keep up the good work little man. I hope you get him home soon xx

YEAHHH Aaryon so glad he is on low flow it is deffinatly a BIG STEP in the going home direction, he is almost home mamma were in the home sretch now so just hang in their it will All be worth it once your entier family is home celebrating the holidays

Thank you guys, his o2 is keep going up and i think he is finding it very tiring with sucking and breathing aswell. I'm 99% sure he will come home on o2, but I'm also sure being at home he will grow faster and he will come off o2 faster. Although we are looking at another 2 to 4 weeks I'm sure he won't come off full oxygen. But given the choice I want him home.

Thank you.... its still very much the same with my lil one. Still high o2 0.08-0.09 they think he has a cold which is making him like this. I have also caught the cold and have not been going again to hospital, my hubby is doing the rounds there and we are also moving home so lots happening. Doctors are putting his name down to hernia surgery they want him to be 3 kg and hoping that he is off low flow before they do it but it can suddenly become an emergency op. All I keep wishing is that he comes off low flow so I can take him home, he is doing well with the feeds. Please send positive energy that my Aaryan can come off o2 soon and me home with me, missing him like crazy! :(

Sending loads & loads of positive energy to aaryan.

0.08 & 0.09 are still relatively low so try not to worry. The hospital I was at with Holly had the minimum level of going home oxygen as 0.1.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you!! Its moving house today, so a busy day ahead. Going to get his nursery ready finally for his arrival, still hoping thats in december! Hows micah doing?

Micah is doing very well he is adjusting very nicely, we are also preparing for christmas, good luck with the moving houses and its only a short time till Aaryon comes home

Hi everyone, hope things are going well. My update is Aaryan still on low flow, on full bottles, ng tube out. o2 gone up between 0.08 to 0.12. Doctors said they are happy to send him home on tuesday on home oxygen!!! :) Pls pray and send positive energy that nothing goes wrong now. He still needs a hernia operation but that will happen later this month or the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->