Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

starlight2801

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

I wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to this section.

I conceived my daughter when I was 34 and was 35 when she was born. She's a year old now and we've started NTNP for #2. Well, to be honest he's NTNP but I have to confess having a closer eye on my cycle.

I'm really excited to be here anyway but nervous too. I'm wondering if being over 35 will make it harder to conceive and whether my pregnancy experience will be more difficult if/when I do.

I keep trying to tell myself age is just a number and it's less than 2 years since we conceived our daughter and I had a good pregnancy with her but I'm daunted by what I read in the news.

It's good to know this forum is here and I can chat to all you ladies in a similar position.

Wishing you all baby dust and luck with your TTC journeys x

Hi Starlight. We're in a very similar situation! I am TTC #2, and I am 36 (will turn 37 in May). I conceived DS1 when I was 34 and gave birth at 35 as well. My little man was born Nov 2010 so is just coming up to 16 months :flower:

I'm worried about whether my fertility has declined too... you read so much about what being over 35 does to fertility... BUT I just found out a friend is pregnant at 41 and she has a toddler the same age as mine (which obviously means she conceived her 1st child after 36 too).

This is only really my 2nd month TTC (3rd really but we got the timing all wrong so it didn't really count!), and I'm already driving myself crazy obsessing about it! :dohh:

Anyway, you're not alone hun. Good luck, hope you get a quick BFP x

Thanks EverythingXd

We are in a very similar position indeed :)

Great to hear about your friend and hopefully it will happen for both of us soon x

Hi girls, I'm in the exact same situation too, I'm 37 in July and LO is 16 months, born nov 2010. We started TTC #2 in January but no luck yet. It took us 7 months last time, although first month using cbfm. I using cbfm again this time as my cycles have got shorter, they are now 26 days and I tend to O on cd12 which this month was on 12th march. Only managed to bd twice though so not hoping for much this month! LO has been in hospital so much distraction.

Good luck! X

Hi Captainj1

Sorry to hear that your LO has been in hospital. I hope he (I assume he, with your blue ticker?) is much better now.
I'm not surprised you've been too distracted to BD but you never know, if one of those two times was just at the right time...
Well my AF is due in four days now and I'm getting impatient to see what happens. Don't think we got the timing right but there's always hope...

Hoping for a quick BFP for both of you ladies :)
Thanks for the welcome x

:dust:

Hi Starlight, I'm new to the section & the forum! Good luck, I'm sure you'll fall soon enough!

Hi Starlight, I'm new to the section & the forum! Good luck, I'm sure you'll fall soon enough!

And meant to finish that post with a healthy dusting of baby dust!!! :dust:

(can you edit post's once sent? Sorry typical newbie here :wacko:)

And meant to finish that post with a healthy dusting of baby dust!!! :dust:

(can you edit post's once sent? Sorry typical newbie here :wacko:)

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

I think you'll find it friendly and supportive here, if a little bit addictive!

You can edit your posts once you send them. You should find a button at the bottom of your post but I'm on my phone so can't remember exactly where on the full website.

Healthy dose of baby dust right back at you :dust:

Xx

Hi! I'll be 36 in June and am also working on #2. I had my daughter at age 33 - she's 2 now. I got pregnant last year but had a miscarriage at 9 weeks, and then a chemical pregnancy in December. I can't help but wonder if my age played a part in the losses. :( Hoping I get pregnant with a sticky baby soon. My DH is 44 so I feel like don't have much time play with. DH is NTNP, but like you, I have a closer eye on my cycle. ;-)

Being that you had a good recent pregnancy, I should think you should be okay - 36 or not. Sometimes I wonder if fertility drops off rapidly at age 35, or just gradually, though? Hmm...

Aw Zeri I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your chemical pregnancy :-(
As far as I know (or at least I hope) fertility declines gradually and doesn't just completely drop off at 35 but all the newspaper articles etc are so negative it has got under my skin a bit.
Looking at the BFP thread on this forum shows there are plenty of ladies over the age of 35 who get their BFP.
Fingers crossed for a sticky baby really soon for you

Well my AF is due in four days now and I'm getting impatient to see what happens. Don't think we got the timing right but there's always hope...

Ooh not long to wait now then, although I'm sure it will drag for you! Fingers crossed! Have you started POAS yet?

I'm confused this cycle. My last 2 cycles were 33 days, but I think I ov'd nearly a week earlier this cycle. My luteal phase has been short at 9 days and, if I had a 9 day LP this month AF would have been due yesterday. I POAS this morning but it was a BFN (boo!).

Maybe 10dpo was just too early to detect HCG (I used a Tesco brand kit). Or maybe I'm having a longer LP. Maybe I didn't ov when I thought, cos I didn't use OPK. Or maybe my cycle's just completely random this month :dohh:

Ooh not long to wait now then, although I'm sure it will drag for you! Fingers crossed! Have you started POAS yet?

I'm confused this cycle. My last 2 cycles were 33 days, but I think I ov'd nearly a week earlier this cycle. My luteal phase has been short at 9 days and, if I had a 9 day LP this month AF would have been due yesterday. I POAS this morning but it was a BFN (boo!).

Maybe 10dpo was just too early to detect HCG (I used a Tesco brand kit). Or maybe I'm having a longer LP. Maybe I didn't ov when I thought, cos I didn't use OPK. Or maybe my cycle's just completely random this month :dohh:

Boo to the BFN!!

I have some Tesco's own brand tests and I think they are more effective from your AF due date so it might be just to early, fingers crossed that it is and you'll still get your BFP this cycle.

I've resisted POAS so far. It's so hard but I get pretty frustrated with BFN's. Roll on next week when I can find out either way.

Cycles are so confusing. I have a 27 day cycle but I'm sure I OV earlier that half way through it ?!?!

Let me know how you get on with your next POAS x

Hi Starlight :hi: nice to meet you :flower:

All I can say is ignore the news (don't Dr Google) and the stats they just cover a small fraction of us who have success 35+ and 40+. Good luck on your journey for #2!! :hugs:

Hi Starlight :hi: nice to meet you :flower:

All I can say is ignore the news (don't Dr Google) and the stats they just cover a small fraction of us who have success 35+ and 40+. Good luck on your journey for #2!! :hugs:

Thanks, it's good to meet you too :hugs:

Best of luck with your TTC journey and lots and lots of :dust: to you xx

Hi girls, I'm 35 (36 in July) and TTC #2. My DD was 2 in December and this is our 4th 'proper' month trying, although we've been NTNP for over a year now. Good luck to all on your TTC journeys! :flower:

Hi girls, I'm 35 (36 in July) and TTC #2. My DD was 2 in December and this is our 4th 'proper' month trying, although we've been NTNP for over a year now. Good luck to all on your TTC journeys! :flower:

Good luck to you too Elski

:dust: xx

Hi hun, we are also in a similar situation!

Took us 3 years and a couple of losses (one complicated) to get our boy, so we've started NTNP #2 already (LO is 8 months now)

I say NTNP as I'm still BFing about every 6 hours, so my LP is a little too short to conceive at the moment! :flower:

Hello Starlight, I am new to the site as well, and there is hope, I just turned 40, now it is just a waiting game for me, I wish you the best!!!

Hi dan-o and mchel :flower:

Best of luck to both of you ladies on your TTC journeys too

Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member