Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

I quite often start my fertile phase around CD7 and ovulate approx CD12, so it's definitely possible! Do you use OPK? I find them great for tracking ov/LP :flower: x

Thanks hun, I've not used Opk's yet as officially we're NTNP for the next couple of months. I might just have to give them a go though. I think I'm doing everything else possible to TTC really so might as well go the whole way and improve our chances.
What brand do you recommend? X

I just get the cheap ones off ebay, from fertilityplan, they work great for me.
Funny thing is we always seem to naturally BD around ov time anyway.. but it's still nice to know which are the key days! I usually ov 24-48 hours after my first positive.

Hi Ladies:

New to this site. This seems like a great bunch of ladies.

Star - we are almost twins. I too am 36 (about to be 37) and am ttc #2. I have a 13yo boy - a little older than a toddler LOL. Hubby nd I have been ttc since April of last year after I was dx'd with a missed miscarriage and had a D&C. We've had no luck since then - other than a chemical pregnancy the cycle in between the D&C and AF after it.

I don't get it - I really don't. How is it possible to get pregnant with no problems and then not at all? What is that about?

Anyway, greetings to you all. Look forward to great conversations!

Faith

Hi Fayben :thumbup:

I'm on CD13 today, I've had 2 days or so of ewcm so I should Ov in the next 2-3 days (I've been having 5 days of ewcm the last couple of months so I guess it will be about the same this month).

I'm thinking if I continue to BD every other day well after my Ov 'just in case' that might make the 2ww go quicker!

Hi Fayben, welcome to the forum :flower: Although I'm new to this section I've been about on BnB since I was pregnant with my daughter and I love it :thumbup: I think you'll find it a friendly place to hang out. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time TTC again. I really hope this is your cycle and lots of sticky baby dust to you :dust:
EverythingXd I think continuing to BD to take your mind off the 2WW is a good tactic :thumbup:
How are all you other ladies doing? x

Hi Faith! Welcome.
Sorry to hear you've been having trouble TTC number 2. It took me 7 months to get #1 but I was hoping it would be quicker this time but no luck so far and shorter cycles so probably my egg quality is declining...I thought 36 was old but not that old iykwim...

Maybe I'm past it already?!

All fine here, I'm on cd8 now so about 3/4days off ovulation. I using cbfm this cycle but missed a day of POAS yesterday as I slept in after a big night out. LO has been running me ragged round the garden all day, he literally does not stop...and when he has no more energy left for running after a ball, he wants me to carry him whilst I run after a ball...just wish he would sttn...at this rate me and DH won't have any energy left! DH is up for it this cycle though, jan 2013 bean would be great. Here's hoping! Xx

Fingers crossed you and DH can find an energy reserve from somewhere Captain ;)
I'm feeling a bit deflated tonight. My poor LO has been poorly today with what seems to be a nasty vomitting bug :-( I'm not yet using Opk's but I think I've had O cramps tonight but not feeling particularly up for DTD after a day of cleaning up sick and worrying about my daughter (it makes me do sad when shes not well). My DH is engrossed in an online computer game anyway so I guess I just have to hope that I'm either off the mark and yet to O in the next couple of days or that we've already done enough.
Fingers crossed for a good outcome either way but not feeling confident...

Good luck to you ladies about to ov!! :spermy:

Approx 8dpo here & not feeling particularly hopeful as I've not had any cramps or symptoms to suggest any implantation going on.
Hoping my LP improves again this month, AF came at 10 dpo last month :dohh:

dan-o Fingers crossed for a longer LP this cycle at the very least but don't rule out that BFP just yet lady! Remember implantation isn't always obvious and if you haven't had PMS signs either that's a good sign...
Well my daughter has been really poorly today and I'm a big ball of stress tonight :cry: Late dinner and straight to bed with no BD for me again tonight I think :-(

Oh dear starlight hope LO is better soon. My LO has been clingy as hell all day today and my back is wrecked from carrying him everywhere. I work full time so he's usually in nursery but we have a few days off. He's going in to nursery tomorrow though and me and dh have a spa day!

I'm getting arsey with my DH who apparently has man flu...I'm like...erm I know you're feeling shite but...

Cd 10 and still lows on the cbfm so maybe I'm going to o a bit later this month, so hopefully he'll be feeling better in a couple of days...

Hi Ladies,

I'm 36 and ttc #2. I was 34 when DS was born. He's just about to turn two. I had one miscarriage in Jan of last year, at 5weeks. We decided to wait until Nov 2011. We continued trying then discovered I had a polyp which OB thought was preventing me from implanting. It was removed at the end of January. This is our second cycle of trying since being given the green light. I'm currently 9dpo and very hopeful since I feel the same way I felt when I was pregnant with my son.

I'm excited to have other women who are going through a similar situation to talk to!:)

Thanks starlight :) Sorry your LO is poorly, hope she feels better soon! We had flu around o time last month and LO was teething around the same time this month lol.. I know what it's like! Hope you still get chance for a quick one lol :flower:

Good luck captain!! x

Hi cmommy, I'm 9dpo as well! When will you test?

As for me, I've just done an HPT and it was BFN :dohh: Not much time left for implantation if I go by last months LP. Shame, but at least it's only cycle 3, will try harder next month :flower:

Hopefully you're having a longer LP this month dan-o and there's still time for that BFP.

Hi cmommy :flower: Were there any signs of your polyp, or is it something that can only be detected with OB tests?

I'm in my 2ww now. I had a +OPK on Sunday evening and I think I ov'd either Monday or early on Tuesday. I think I'll test on 13dpo because my LP was 13 days last cycle. Please stay away witch!

Hi cmommy26 :flower:
I'm glad you have that polyp sorted and can now go ahead with TTC.
Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I thought LO was on the mend this morning but she's gone back downhill through the day :-( The doctor said its that norovirus and we have to just keep giving her fluids and ride it out. He said to give her flat lemonade for glucose so at least she has that treat!

Captain how was your spa day? Fingers crossed you are OV late this cycle to give your man more recovery time from his man fl and dan-o I'm still keeping fingers crossed for you x

Ooh Maia seems to have suddenly perked up :happydance:
She suddenly asked for a biscuit and a drink and I'm now typing this on my phone while she is playing on the floor for the first time in nearly 3 full days.
Words can't expressed how relieved I'm feeling right now x

Oh poor Maia, hope she is feeling better. My LO had that virus last month and he vomitted everything for 5 days, then only drank juice for 3 days. Took him 10 days to get over it in total, he was a right skinny dude by the end.

Welcome cmommy! And good luck for this month!

I got a high on cbfm this morning so getting down to it!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->