Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

Hi ladies, AF got me earlier today :cry: I'm gutted, but I guess on a positive note my luteal phase was 13 days this month so fingers crossed for next month.

It's just a shame because people say you are very fertile after having a baby, and at the moment I feel like that is true for me... I've been having 5 or 6 days of fertile CM before Ov, but still haven't been able to conceive. I hope a longer LP will carry on for me and that I won't be sat here in floods of tears again next month. I really wanted a 2 year age gap or less between #1 and #2.

Fingers crossed for all you ladies! x

Aw sorry to here your AF caught up with you today but glad there are still some positives :hugs:
Fingers crossed that next month is your month :dust:
I'm still hanging in there but after having a few promising symptoms in the last couple of days i'm starting to feel like my AF is coming too :-(
We'll soon see now I guess... x

Hard luck EverythingXd, just think next month could be your month. I find it soooo disappointing when AF arrives but try to tell myself that I will get at least a whole month more to devote 100% of myself to my LO (and DH of course!). And I feel very blessed having them both, anything else will be a bonus.

Hi,

I'm pretty new here too. I am 39 (40 in August) and ttc #2 (1st was born in 2007). I had a mmc last November and since then nothing.

I'm due in 4ish days as my cycles have been a bit weird since I m/c so I'm now between 28-33 days which completely wrecks planning.

Well fingers crossed that each of us get our BFPs soon. If AF gets me this month then I'm going to try OPKs (that's going to be interesting as never used them before).

:flower:

Hi MrsWhy :flower:
Sorry to hear about your mmc in November and hope you get your BFP so you don't need those OPK's.
If your AF does get you this month OPK's are probably the way forward though. With your cycle being a bit all over the place i'm sure they would help you get that BFP.
Good luck and I hope AF stays away this cycle.
lots of :dust: to you x

Thanks Starlight and Captain.

Starlight - still got my fingers crossed for you, and I'll keep checking in this thread to see how you're getting on :thumbup:

Captain - someone else said to concentrate on what I have rather than what I don't have (yet), and it's true, I am so lucky. My LO is just perfect, I love him more than I can express. My OH is an awesome daddy and hubby :cloud9: Before I had LO I thought I would never get this crazy again if I tried for another, but I'm as obsessed about it as I was the first time!

Hi MrsWhy - good luck for this cycle, and I'd recommend giving OPKs a go if your cycle is a bit erratic.

Popped in to see my HV today at a breastfeeding clinic to talk to her about stopping BFing my LO (he's just down to an evening/night feed now) and I burst into tears in front of her and 2 complete strangers... I'm an emotional wreck over this TTC malarkey! Anyway, she reckons there are loads of women conceiving babies over the age of 40 now and said I shouldn't worry so much.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: EverythingXd
I'm glad your health visitor gave you some supportive encouragement and hope you feel at least a bit better.
My AF due to arrive tomorrow and I won't be surprised if she does as I'm cramping now, although I guess I have been on and off for the past two weeks.
I'm trying not to stress out about it so I can get a decent nights sleep. Stressing wont help anyways and as Captainj1 said it's good to be happy for what we already have x

Here's to our fabulous LO's and our amazing OHs. And to shagging like rabbits for another month, I can tell you when and if I do fall pregnant I won't have the energy! Haha

I have sore boobies think AF is on her way although she's not due for another week...

Hope you ladies are all ok? I'm a bit surprised as my AF hasn't arrived on schedule!
Still feels like she's going too but my cycles have been 27 days exactly again since December (were still a bit all over the place after having my LO until then) so may be a good sign?!?

Aw gutted :-(
Got a BFN at two days after AF should have arrived.
I'm soo gutted. Not so much because of the BFN because it's been our first month of NTNP (disappointed yes but not gutted) but because I honestly thought my cycles were back to normal and I was regular again after being bang on 27 days for the past four months but clearly they're not :-( :-(
I just really hope AF arrives now so we can get on with it again...

Hi Starlight, sorry for delay checking in... the wait to Ov is nearly as hard as the 2ww for me so I've been trying not to come on here too much because I think if anything it makes me obsess more.

I looked for an update in your other forum posts and it looks like the witch got you - sorry :cry: Onto this month and lots of BDing, lol.

I'm still struggling with worries that something is wrong with me or hubby, even though we conceived LO early 2010... that's a while ago now. I just keep hearing about friends conceiving in their first month of trying after getting their periods back after their first LO. I so wish that had happened to me so I didn't have to put myself through this TTC stuff and all the doubts!

Aw hun try not to worry. I remember the midwife saying to me to be careful because you're extra fertile in the first few months after having LO so maybe that was the case with your friends too.
I think this TTC can be a stressful business. I was lucky enough to conceive Maia in the first cycle after having my coil removed so I didn't have to really go through it last time either. I hope we both get out BFP's soon :hugs:
Sorry I didn't update this thread that the witch got me, I thought I did but I was posting on a couple of others so I guess I just got mixed up. It's crazy I honestly felt pregnant and was shocked to get that BFN. I think I wanted it so bad I brought all the symptoms about myself. I hope that doesn't happen everytime or I'll go really crazy... :wacko:

That's why I'm worried though - I should have been extra fertile because I got my period back in November after BFing LO, but we've still not been able to conceive so far despite trying.

I am just a natural worrier though! Hopefully we will both be able to look back at this in 6 months or so when we are pregnant and wonder why we stressed out so much.

That's why I'm worried though - I should have been extra fertile because I got my period back in November after BFing LO, but we've still not been able to conceive so far despite trying.

I am just a natural worrier though! Hopefully we will both be able to look back at this in 6 months or so when we are pregnant and wonder why we stressed out so much.

I'm a natural worrier too and I hope that in the next couple of months we will both be worried about being pregnant instead of not being pregnant ;)

Hi girls, how are you all doing so far this month? I'm on cd5 so waiting to start POAS tomorrow with my cbfm. My cycles have been short lately, 25/26 days with a 13/14 day LP so I'm trying to take plenty of vitamin C as it is supposed to help with progesterone. Expecting to get my peaks on cd11 and 12 and me and DH are off work next week so will hopefully have plenty of time and energy for bding!

This will be our 4th cycle of trying, I'm getting impatient already altho it took 7 months last time and I was 2 years younger...!

Hi ladies, just checking back in. I'm 3dpo today on cycle 3. Time to enter the dreaded TWW again :dohh:

LP was still too short last cycle (9 days) but two days longer than the month before, so hoping for a better one this month! I'm only 11 days LP normally, so not too far off now!

Hope everyone else is doing well! x

Hi ladies, thanks for the updates :flower:
Captainj1 good luck with the progesterone and I hope it makes a difference this cycle. Dan-o I'm glad things are looking better for you entering the 2ww. Keep us up to date with any news.
good luck and :dust: to you both
Well I'm confused today. I'm on CD7 of my 27 day cycle and have EWCM. This happened last month too so it could be normal for me, although I've never checked my CM before so can't say back further than last cycle.
What do you think it means? Does it mean I might be o'ing early and have a long LP or am I getting EWCM longer before o'ing than usual?
So confused :wacko:

Hi starlight, I've had the same thing the last few cycles - tons of ewcm from cd 7 to cd 10 and then O on cd 11 or 12. Felt v horny during the ewcm phase but held off until cd 10 as was saving my energy! But this month I think we will start bding as soon as we get the ewcm, maybe just doing every other day until cd10 and then every day until cd14 or so. Maybe we just get more aware of our ewcm as we TTC, maybe we get more as we get older? We are supposed to be at our sexual peak after all lol!

Cheers hun, I was thinking its probably the best idea to get BDing right away too.
And why not? As women at our sexual peak ;)

I quite often start my fertile phase around CD7 and ovulate approx CD12, so it's definitely possible! Do you use OPK? I find them great for tracking ov/LP :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->