Newbie, looking for buddies, me-ntnp#1!

Mixem

New mummy
Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post, I've been browsing around the site since I signed up a few days ago. There seems to be loads of info on here but I wasn't sure where I fit in. This is my first month of ntnp, I'm not doing anything scientific. Been recording my cycles so I have some kind of idea what is normal for me. Stopped bcp in jan and used condoms so I could see what my natural cycle was.

I'm hoping to take a relaxed approach on this new and exciting journey and get some valuable advice, tips, support or just someone to chat with in a similar situation on this site.

I am roughly just past the middle of my cycle, would expect af in around 10 days time. Would like to hear from you at any stage of your cycle, whether your new like me or have experienced this all before. :winkwink:

not TTC but I thought id just pop along and say Welcome :hi: xx

:hi: I'm ntnp number 2 :D. Ended up going a bit scientific last time and this time I'd rather it happen a bit more casually :). AF just arrived today so I'm onto month 2.

Welcome to bnb :) xx

Thanks for the welcomes :flower:

Cute children ladies :baby:

Good luck for month 2 Caro103, did it take you a long time to concieve with your first?

Mummyofgirls, did you use the ntnp method when you concieved any of your girls?

Yippieh - I'm not the only one then, Mixem! :)

I've been getting quite confused by all the info on here, wondering if I'm kidding myself hoping for a baby without any scientific charting or test kits, so it's good to see I'm not the only one! :)

I've had one natural period since coming off the pill after 12 years of taking it and so far the only thing my husband and I have been doing is have more sex. ;) Oh, and we're both taking Pregnacare Conception but I guess that's more for the health of the baby/sperm rather than helping conception, right?

If my very rough calculation based on the one cycle I had is right I should be ovulating/most fertile this week, so we'll just keep at it and see what happens. With not really knowing when my period is due it's hard to know!

Anyways, I'm more than happy to buddy up with you and share my journey to what will hopefully be a quick and natural conception. I'm useless with waiting for things, so this better work! ;)

x

I'm new to this too! I think having a forum to chat is great. I've got a lot of friends and relatives with kids but I don't want to talk to them about TTC, I don't want the pressure!

I came off my pill at the end of July so have had one "normal" cycle. I'd been on the pill for about 11 years so I was expecting all sorts of messed up timings. I never had particularly regular cycles before I was on the pill so I was very surprised to have a 30 day cycle last month. We'll see what this month brings!

I was a bit daunted when I first wandered onto the TTC #1 part of the forum I hadn't really thought about tracking and that sort of stuff. But give it a few months of ntnp without success and maybe I'll look into that in more detail!

I'm trying to be relaxed but it's not going that well really. Last month I was pretty stressed as I had a job interview come up, when I had decided to stop looking for a new job and focus on babies! Not great. So I started assigning random symptoms to potential pregnancy! I hope that I will be more relaxed from now on!

Sounds like we're in a similar "boat" then, Padan1111, I took my last pill on 14th July after 12 years. Like you, I was expecting cramps and messed up timing but it seems my body recovered quickly. My first natural cycle was 32 days, so a bit longer than the wonderfully reliable 28 days on the pill. I wonder what this cycle will bring...

I think I'll try keeping a very basic chart, just to get a better idea of what my cycle is actually like and to get into the habit of monitoring all things reproductive health. It'll also give me something to do and hopefully make me feel in control a bit more. Plus I LOVE charts and lists so I can feed my little OCD-habit as I go along! ;)

For some bizarre reason I'm not as relaxed as I would like to be about this, I feel like I need to make use of this first cycle now since my first period off the pill - even waiting another month feels too long...

Hi Ylanda and Padan1111 :hi:

We're in this together!! I was on bcp for 10 years so similar times to you. My cycle seemed to return to normal pretty quickly, it was regular 30/31 days my first few cycles then got a bit longer after I returned from travel. I think the travelling disrupted my cycle.

Padan1111 I agree with you on not wanting to discuss plans with friends and family, could do without the pressure, questions and anticipation!! I hope this month is less stressed for you!

Ylanda go with it, like you said why waste a cycle, you never know when it is going to happen :thumbup:

Preconception vitamins sound like a good idea to me, can't do any harm.

I have found keeping track of my cycles useful, I downloaded a phone app to help with this, just gives you an idea of where you are.

Well good luck to us for this cycle, lets see what happens. I look forward to hearing your updates and i'll post mine! O:)

It's really great to have people to chat to who are in the same place as me!

I hope everything works out for all of us for a quick conception and happy healthy pregnancy!

I'm taking vitamin suppliments, I started those straight away after coming off bcp. I've got some "Baby and bump" ones from tesco I think! My doctor suggested to take them if I was ntnp because it's important to have enough folic acid pre-conception. Might be worth thinking about just folic acid suppliment.

I like making lists and charts too, so might give that a try. At the moment I've only been noting down periods. I like the idea of a phone app. I might see if I can find one! I've realised the only problem with being off bcp is now my periods are more unpredictable and I'm off on holiday next week. That would be inconvinient! Then of course I could be preggers by then so wouldn't be a problem anyway ;)

Funny you should mention the phone app - I'm downloading one as we speak... :)

I'll definitely keep you posted, because like you I can't be bothered discussing any of this with family or friends. Some friends and my mum know I've come off the pill but we haven't explicitly told anyone that we're trying for a baby. So it's good to have to forum for some peer support! :)

Thanks for the welcomes :flower:

Cute children ladies :baby:

Good luck for month 2 Caro103, did it take you a long time to concieve with your first?

Mummyofgirls, did you use the ntnp method when you concieved any of your girls?

my first was a accident I am proud of :D lol.. my other two yes! but I am lucky enough to be VERY fertile. and conceived as soon as I came off contraception xx

^^ wow that's so lucky!

It took us 6 months to get alex, the month we relaxed a bit i fell pregnant :dohh:, but it's easier said than done 'relaxing', we also used preseed that month so have ordered some more :D

hopefully everyones stay is nice and short! we're not telling friends/family we're ttc again, neither did we last time and it was lovely surprising them all with the news :D xxx

Hello ladies!!

Thought I would say hi as you all sound like me :) I started to get a bit overwhelmed with the science, and it started to scare me a bit so am avoiding that side of things :)

Apparently, according to the phone apps I will be most fertile in the next week or so...which is a bugger as husband works nights and I'm working for the 1st 3 days, which means we wont even see each other, let alone any chance of you know what!! (I might just have to sneak up to his work late at night ;) )

A few friends know that we're seriously thinking about trying and have probably guessed so too, I'm not great at keeping quiet when I'm excited about something but I really want to keep is as much of a secret as possible so it would be great to come on here and chat away all the excitement to you :)

Anyway, sorry for waffling!!! I have my fingers crossed for you all!! :) x

Hi! Im ntnp for baby #1 too. Don't know too much about he science but I do use a calendar to keep track of cycles. Stopped BC in may and have had weird cycles. Af should be due Sunday so we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed but I know it can take sometime. Good luck to all of you!!!!

Hello ladies!!

Thought I would say hi as you all sound like me :) I started to get a bit overwhelmed with the science, and it started to scare me a bit so am avoiding that side of things :)

Apparently, according to the phone apps I will be most fertile in the next week or so...which is a bugger as husband works nights and I'm working for the 1st 3 days, which means we wont even see each other, let alone any chance of you know what!! (I might just have to sneak up to his work late at night ;) )

A few friends know that we're seriously thinking about trying and have probably guessed so too, I'm not great at keeping quiet when I'm excited about something but I really want to keep is as much of a secret as possible so it would be great to come on here and chat away all the excitement to you :)

Anyway, sorry for waffling!!! I have my fingers crossed for you all!! :) x

:hi: def sounds like you need to sneek into DH's work :rofl:

Hi! Im ntnp for baby #1 too. Don't know too much about he science but I do use a calendar to keep track of cycles. Stopped BC in may and have had weird cycles. Af should be due Sunday so we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed but I know it can take sometime. Good luck to all of you!!!!

:hi: fx'ed for the weekend for you!! xx

Hi Ellberry and Princess811,

Ellberry I agree with Caro103, may be necessary to make that work visit!! :winkwink:

Princess811, good luck for the weekend, i'll cross my fingers for you too!

caro103 I like the idea of having that nice news to surprise people with! I've only found out what preseed is by reading other threads on this site, who knew there were so many things to try!

LOL, same here, i'd have never had known to even look for such a thing before bnb! I have my suspicions that's what got us pregnant last time though! that and relaxing as we totally didn't 'try' that month. But i think you have to go through the process for a while before you can anyway relax.

Fx'ed non of us will wait long this time though! although i'm trying to sell my house at the moment and part of me really wants the house offer before i fall pregnant as otherwise it could all get very messy as i want another home birth and moving could be a disaster if i was imminently due :wacko:

It's ok, he managed to get home for 20min last night and is home tomorrow night so we might be lucky ;)

I have just started trying the tescos (I refuse to spend a lot at this early stage) ovulation tests, I did one last night and nothing, one tonight and I swear I see a faint line...but may be imagining it...so I'm guessing I would be ovulating over the weekend some point if there is a faint one!! (I presume they get darker the closer you get)

Can I just ask though, we are aiming to dtd every other night but is it best to before you ovulate, on the day or after??? I get confused :(

caro103- good luck with the house!! We moved into our new place the week before our wedding... hadn't planned on selling/buying that quick but very glad we did now, I couldn't imagine doing it all whilst pregnant/with a baby :)

You say you want another homebirth, can I just ask how many lo's you have? It looks like only one and I'm just wondering if they 'allow' you to have your 1st at home? For some reason I have it in my head they don't like you to, but would be good if they do-although I may be a bit nervous so may be better for me to be in a hospital!! Although I'm looking way way ahead but if we're lucky enough to get that far I definately want a water birth! :) x

It's ok, he managed to get home for 20min last night and is home tomorrow night so we might be lucky ;)

I have just started trying the tescos (I refuse to spend a lot at this early stage) ovulation tests, I did one last night and nothing, one tonight and I swear I see a faint line...but may be imagining it...so I'm guessing I would be ovulating over the weekend some point if there is a faint one!! (I presume they get darker the closer you get)

Can I just ask though, we are aiming to dtd every other night but is it best to before you ovulate, on the day or after??? I get confused :(

caro103- good luck with the house!! We moved into our new place the week before our wedding... hadn't planned on selling/buying that quick but very glad we did now, I couldn't imagine doing it all whilst pregnant/with a baby :)

You say you want another homebirth, can I just ask how many lo's you have? It looks like only one and I'm just wondering if they 'allow' you to have your 1st at home? For some reason I have it in my head they don't like you to, but would be good if they do-although I may be a bit nervous so may be better for me to be in a hospital!! Although I'm looking way way ahead but if we're lucky enough to get that far I definately want a water birth! :) x

hey hun, yep ovulation tests are only positive when the line is equally as dark as or darker than the control line :), not using them myself but have in the past :)

Don't think it matters when you dtd around O so long as you do at some point ;)

I just have the one LO :D, and some areas are better than others homebirth wise, my area is especially pro homebirth but no areas can technically refuse you one! they do recommend your a low risk pregnancy though, although i've seen ladies on here with complications still try for one, but it tends to take a lot more stress/research! I have to say I couldn't recommend them enough! was soooo amazing doing the whole thing at home, I got a waterbirth and everything went exactly as i wanted it to! (accept for the length of time :haha:). I had the midwifes come to me to examine me and once I was in established labour my midwife stayed, then once near the end a second joined us so i had 2 midwifes all to myself! plus if there had been any complications they get an ambulance and you're treated the same priority as someone with a heart attack. Any more questions feel free to ask :D xx

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! Af is due tomorrow (I think) but no signs so far...and more cm than usual. (sorry if tmi)

I have no idea what to expect but I didn't think I had any symptoms of being pregnant...but after thinking about it for a while, I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, I strangely had oily hair last week, I've been very tired and have had some bizarre, vivid dreams, and I have this weird feeling in my stomach...kind of feels like when you're going down on a roller coaster...am I just looking for things? Or can these be real symptoms? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->