Newbie, looking for buddies, me-ntnp#1!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! Af is due tomorrow (I think) but no signs so far...and more cm than usual. (sorry if tmi)

I have no idea what to expect but I didn't think I had any symptoms of being pregnant...but after thinking about it for a while, I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, I strangely had oily hair last week, I've been very tired and have had some bizarre, vivid dreams, and I have this weird feeling in my stomach...kind of feels like when you're going down on a roller coaster...am I just looking for things? Or can these be real symptoms? :shrug:

fingers crossed for you :D

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! Af is due tomorrow (I think) but no signs so far...and more cm than usual. (sorry if tmi)

I have no idea what to expect but I didn't think I had any symptoms of being pregnant...but after thinking about it for a while, I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, I strangely had oily hair last week, I've been very tired and have had some bizarre, vivid dreams, and I have this weird feeling in my stomach...kind of feels like when you're going down on a roller coaster...am I just looking for things? Or can these be real symptoms? :shrug:

good luck! let us know :D. xx

Hi ladies,

Those symptoms sound promising Princess811 I hope you get us started with a bfp! :thumbup:

Caro103 I hope you get a quick sale for the house, do you have your eye on a property that you want to move to? I was intrigued when I read your post about the home birth so as i'm improving in my navigation around the site I managed to find your birth story! It's a real positive and inspiring as I think there is a lot of scaremongering about the home birth situation sometimes. Thanks for sharing it on here. O:)

Hi ladies,

Those symptoms sound promising Princess811 I hope you get us started with a bfp! :thumbup:

Caro103 I hope you get a quick sale for the house, do you have your eye on a property that you want to move to? I was intrigued when I read your post about the home birth so as i'm improving in my navigation around the site I managed to find your birth story! It's a real positive and inspiring as I think there is a lot of scaremongering about the home birth situation sometimes. Thanks for sharing it on here. O:)

aw thanks :blush:, it was amazing though! i'd totally do it again tomorrow (or maybe in about 9-10mths hopefully ;)). Only part i'm not looking forward to so much is the recovery after, but its all worth it :haha:

yeah we have our eye on something but it's getting annoying now. Think we've sort of decided if I get pregnant the house comes off the market and we just stay here. Then try again in a couple of years or so :) I love my current house anyway, its just not our long term home but it'll def be fine for another baby to come along :D

mixem are you thinking of a homebirth?

hopefully we'll have our first bfp tomorow princess! xx

Phew, just caught up on the weekend's chat, really interesting reading your stories and experiences.

My husband and I just moved into our first house together on Thursday, sooooooo excited and there's definitely enough room for a little one!

With the stress of moving (and the in-laws staying...) the "trying" hasn't been going particularly well and last week was meant to be my most fertile week (based on a phone app and only one natural cycle so it could all be wrong). I have been wondering if I'm having symptoms, as well, felt a bit queasy the past couple of days, have had vivid dreams, and felt quite bloated. But again, I might be making stuff up or being over-sensitive because I'm looking for symptoms.

What's new with everyone else??? My period is due in about 10 days so I reckon I'm officially in the "two weeks wait" period now. And you know what - I dislike it already, am just sooooo impatient!

ylanda, congrats on your new home! fx'ed this is your month! the 2ww really does seem like forever :wacko:. I'm waiting to Ov so nothing exciting here! x

Thanks caro103! Loving the new house. Trying for a baby is also much more fun in the new bedroom, despite the chaos that still prevails. ;) Husband is working away at the moment so bugger all is going to happen here for the time being... :(

Ylanda your first TWW! Sending you lots of positive vibes in the hope that it is your month. Congratulations on the new house, at least all the stress of moving is done with. :wacko:

Caro103 I hope one of the two sorts itself out, new house or new baby!! It sounds like your ready for either. :thumbup:

I have not thought too much about birth experiences involving me!! It makes me worry, I guess thats normal, fear of the unknown. I guess homebirth would be something I would consider.

I think I may be out for this month, feels like AF is readying to make her visit. If she does show today/tomorrow then my cycle is shortening back to what it used to be which is good.

Yes, my very first TWW - and I hate it already! ;) lol Ordered my first test today, hoping to test around the 16th. Bought it online to avoid the temptation to test early. It would be amazing if this was my month already, we've had quite a lot of intercourse around what I think should have been the right time but this being the first cycle everything is a load of guesswork. I've had "symptoms" a few days ago but bugger all more recently - so I guess I just don't know!

I have all sorts of confusing thoughts about giving birth, I try not to worry about it now - after all I'm not even pregnant yet! ;)

Sorry to hear your period is about to arrive, better luck next month. But I guess more regular cycles would be a small success regardless! :)

x

Exciting, there's an experience I've never had - buying a pregnancy test!! I think I'm gonna try and keep it that way, I'll buy one if I'm ever late, that way I hopefully won't become one of these pee on a stick addicts! lol
So did you go with one of the early response ones? Or did you just pick one that would show up pregnant or not when your period is late? Too many choices!!

I went all out and bought a clearblue digital - the ones that spell out "pregnant" and "not pregnant" rather than making you guess lines and it also gives you an estimate how far along you are. It cost me £8 - if I become a more regular tester I might need to opt for cheaper options! ;)

I hope I don't mess it up with it being my first test! ;)

You never know mixem...you're still in with a chance!!! :) Have you really never bought a preg test??? I was always buying them when I was younger-too paranoid :) I just bought 20 off ebay for about £3, only the little stick things but they look exactly like the ovulation tests I got from tesco which cost me £6 for 7!!! and I'm ashamed to say I've done about 4 since we started trying...just incase :)

Ylanda, hopefully they are symptoms for you and your not going to be imagining vivid dreams ;) I hope the 2ww isnt too awful for you!!

caro103 thanks for answering!! That has definately got me determind to stay at home (if we are lucky enough to get that far of course!!) I see that other people mention your birth story, I'm now going on a hunt for it ;) ....

Not sure whats with me, I think I'm ovulating as theres a lot of the 'egg white' stuff for the past 6/7 days but little bit reddish on one day too, which has never happened before I don't think (sorry if too much information) but I'm not sure if that comes before, after or during ovulation...and I have been doing ovulation tests the whole time but that hasn't changed...oh well, something is going on at least!!!

I do have a question to ask and I know it happens and I read somewhere not too worry as its supposed to, but after the deed is done there seems to be an awful lot of man juice (have never called it that in my life just seemed to fit:haha:) that leaks out and I can't get my legs up in the air quick enough :)
I just struggle to see how it's going to work if it all comes out straight away as there seems to be a lot!!! Does anyone else notice this or am I looking too much into it???

Anyway, sorry for the long one, I tend to rabbit on!!! :)

Wishing you all lots of luck!! :) xx

Never TMI for me - I'd rather chat openly and know what's what! ;) From what I've heard, the liquid is just the carrier for the sperm, once they're inside you the sperm wriggles on (technical term here ;) ) and the liquid comes out sooner or later containing only the slower/weaker sperm. I really hope this is the case as I need to go to the loo and have a wash immediately after intercourse as I am very susceptible to cystitis/UTIs. :( If this month is a negative I might invest in some softcups to keep the manjuice (like it!) in as long as possible even when moving around. Has anyone tried these?

:rofl: at manjuice! Love it :lol:

never tried softcups, I'm pretty much one for getting up fairly quickly after sex too and already have a LO so some def do get in there ;). I think ylanda is right, the sperm are released pretty much as soon as its inside you then the rest is just waste.

Never used softcups, kinda grosses me out tbh! but each to their own ;)

cannot believe some of you have never bought a pregnancy test! hehe, I'd not bought many before ttc no.1 but did then get sucked in and bought some cheap ebay ones :)

ooh i might persuade some of you to homebirth :D brill!! xx

That does ring a bell actually, but it still worries me!!! Thank you though :)
I did hear that sperm wiggles on :winkwink: at 2.5cm every 15min...which if I'm honest, and I'm not a prude or squeamish or anything, but that kinda freaked me out, It's a bit gross :winkwink:!! :wacko:

I guess I struggle to come to terms with the fact that manjuice (I am officially now using the name :) ) is clever enough to know where/what it's doing!?!?
I honestly thought it all stayed gloopy and just kind of moved about a bit where it was deposited in the hope that an egg appeared around the corner!!!! Stupid I know, how have I gotten this far in life not knowing all this stuff?!? I think I was far too busy giggling at condoms to pay attention in class!! :)

Have no idea what a soft cup is let alone tried one I'm afraid!!!

Caro I'm convinced on the home birth...well, for now I am, until I actually get pregnant and start getting scared :)

I have become one of them ladies with my legs up against the wall after sex :)

Softcups are, well, rubbery membrane things that were designed as alternatives to tampons. So they collect all the blood, you can leave them in for up to 12 hours (so they're popular with travellers and marathon runners), and then u take it out and bin it. So, for conception, they basically create a barrier so none of the manjuice can run out... I can't imagine using them during my period (sounds terribly messy) but I'd be willing to give it a shot to help the spermies along... Hopefully I won't need them! Fingers crossed!

See, I agree - sex ed never taught you the important facts. I guess no-one would have listened anyway - they should have TTC sex ed classes at the hospitals or sth. my husband googled ovulation and stuff today and found that sperm can live inside the woman for up to seven days... So I guess they are quite hardy lads and ladies. Speaking of lads and ladies - it is the sperm that decides the baby's gender, isn't it? And: does the length of the penis matter? As in a longer penis delivers the sperm closer to the cervix?

Caro, I'm in my first cycle of trying so I have every confidence that I will be buying loads more tests if it's not happening this month.

Mmmh, homebirth... I'm not sure. But watch this space, once there is a baby on its way I might consider it. At the moment I quite fancy the idea of a water birth, tbh...

home water birth ;) perfect :haha:, that's what i did! although when i was first pregnant and it was suggested i freaked with the answer 'i have cream carpets, no way' :rofl: (no mess whatsoever was left!)

haha sex ed should deffo teach about how to concieve! although i guess that'd kinda defeat the object of them!?

You had a home water birth???? :O Wow!

Well, I guess you're right there - I could have done with some impartial advice regarding all this conception malarky, tbh, the internet is so full of crap and I wasn't exactly gonna ask my mum!;)

:haha: regular sex, that's the way forwards ;)

yep sure did, and bought a new liner already for next time. The pool is all packed away carefully in the loft :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->