Newbie needs a little help please x

Jocr

Reaction score
Hi Im new to all this today. Im 37 & I have been TTC for about two years now. I have just had my first batch of Clomid and will (i hope) be ovulating next week. So I am very hopeful.
My husband doesnt really talk about it all and I dont really feel like I have anyone to speak to about all of this stuff as the only other person that I could is now....you guessed it Preggers. Good for her but I dont feel like I can bother her with this now really.
One other thing you guys could help with please is the abrviations - I really dont know what they mean except TTC??
Happy Thursday everyone
x

Hiya Jocr,

I'm very new to all this too but these ladies are lovely even if you read and can't find the words to post you just feel that you're not alone in all this. I'm 41 and desperately TTC number 1, my husband doesn't really talk about it either, we've had the odd conversation and he know's how much I wanna be a mum (he already has 3) but all those lovely chats you have about planning and names and etc pass me by, so we can chat instead if you like? I'm TTC without any fertlity meds, have had all my bloods done and everything is in order, I'm just an old bird:haha:but I ain't giving up yet!!!

Anyway, I think all the abbv are on the main bnb homepage at the top and not within the forum sections, but you're right it takes ages to know whats going on with the lingo!

Take care and big hugs:hugs:xXx

Hey ladies, I am 37 and we have been ttc for 3 years now and although my dh does talk about it with me, it's always nice to chat with ladies who know what I'm going thru.

Thanks ladies.
Jax41 - must be extra hard when dh has kids already. My dh isnt a good talker full stop, strong and silent type.:shrug:
I must say that today is being a bit of a tricky day with emotions, must be the clomid hormones kicking in:thumbup: Feel really rather tired and emotional. So much hope on this first month of comid. People tell me that you have a 67% chance of getting preg on the first month so fingers crossed.. Thing is though sometimes it gives you false hope and too much pressure on yourself it seems.
People say just forget about it and stop thinking about whether to have a drink or do this or that. Easier said then done aye ladies?
Its good to know that other people are in the same boat as such as it can feel a bit lonely cant it.
Jax have you been to see fertility DR yet?
:hugs:

I'm back! Lovely to have a reply futuremommie thank you, I've seen lots of your posts, I really admire you for hanging on in there I do so hope your dreams come true v soon :flower:

Thanks too Jocr, I guess some men are like your lovely chap and some are like mine, he's great but a bloke at heart and just doesn't understand how us girls feel about babies esp as he already has kids. I'm sure half of him things 'God here we go again' but then he knew what I wanted when we got married and he's made me wait nearly 9 years!! He became a grandad last year and it absolutely broke my heart (I had said so many times that it would be my worst nightmare if one of his kids came with the 'announcement' and then it happened - we fell out for days....). Never mind, since grand-daughter was born last Sept he has had a complete change of heart (allelujah!!), so we are full steam ahead :thumbup:, I just hope I've not left it all too late.....

Nope not been to a fertlity doc...I've been to my GP and she said 'cos of my age the NHS would not help me, but that if I've not got lucky by the summer June/July to go back and she will refer me to a clinic at our local hospital (it's just a little cottagey kinda one) to see if they can help. But I tell you I'm going to get that BFP before then I'm so determined and things for me emotionally, financially and everythingly (!!!) haven't never felt so right as they do now!!:happydance:
xXx

Jax - my BIL 43 has just become a grandad and is also going to be a dad in may again with his new wife - its really strange to see. I feel its a bit unfair (but good for them) that his brother my DH hasnt got any and theres him with kids, grand kids and another on the way (after a vasectomy). Im not bitter but you know that we wouldnt be normal if it didnt pain us to see when we want our own so much.
I hope that you do get preggers before you need to see the docs so keep at it girl.
This is our busy week so he will be happy:happydance:and busy with me.
When is your next opertunity? Do you use an OPK?

Blimey that's tough on your DH and his brother, and after their brother's had a vasectomy too - wow!! You can be bitter hun, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't (a bit, well a lot!) after my DH's grand-daughter arrived but she's a sweet little thing and not her fault she's here.

I'm on the dreaded two week wait at (hang on a minute got to get my diary out!) CD23 on a 29-30 day cycle. The O predictor on baby hopes says I can test from tomorrow but to be honest I'm never one to do it as AF always shows up and has never let me down yet - here's hoping she'll stay away this month for me!!!!:thumbup: I'm also trying NOT to symptom spot as I have driven myself mad over the past few months doing it, and it just don't do you no good:nope:!!

Hey you two get busy baby making!!!! :dust::dust::dust:
xXx

Jocr - sorry hun, I've just read our posts and I appear to have invented another BIL for you!! It's me hormones!!!!:haha:xXx

OMG I dont want another BIL!!:haha:
Ohh if I were you I would be testing a day or two before AF. I just cant wait and I feel like youve nothing to lose except knowing the facts. I am really impatient though:blush:
Im still trying to get to grips with the abbreviations.
Im off to the gym in a mo, cant be faffed but dont intend on doing much exercise next week as been told that when you ovulate on clomid it can be tiring and pretty painful:growlmad:
Still fingers crossed for us both , let me know how you got on.
Have a great weekend
x

Weeeell, I nearly bought a preg test when I was shopping Friday after work but then put it back - what a chicken! I don't feel any different to other months to be honest so I think the old witch will show up without fail on Thursday - boo hoo! No, c'mon PMA....PMA.....PMA....have to say I definately have more time to symptom spot now I'm back at work than at the weekend when I'm out enjoying myself!!

I don't know a lot about clomid, maybe it responds differently to different bodies but I so hope it does the trick for you this month!! Got everything Xed for you too, hope you had a lovely weekend and aren't too worn out??!!:haha:
xXx

:coffee: Hi Jax41
You are good putting the test back - I keep a stack of them under my bed ready!!
Im ready for bed not sure if its the clomid hormones or if im getting a bit poorly - I hope not as we need to be at it this week.:winkwink:
Its sooo hard waiting to find out each month isnt it - I wish that there was an easy and quick way to know as soon as the deed was done.
Let me know how you get on and try not to sympton check (i know, easier said than done).
:hugs:xx

Hi,

I am a recent newbie - 39 and TTC for the first time - going to use a donor. Good luck with your venture :thumbup:

Hi Jill - lovely to hear from you, I've read your other posts and so admire you for going it alone, lots of luck backatcha for your venture too - we will get there!!!!:thumbup:

Jocr - have a quick nap or sommit before DH gets home and then you'll be raring to go:sex:??!! It maybe the clomid...I'm not sure if that's a side affect or not? Well one of my very long standing girlfriends has just reassured me that she felt absolutely nothing, no symptoms at all for the first 4 months that she was preg both times. I guess everybody's body is different eh?:shrug: I just gotta wait and see...:coffee:xXx

Hi Jill - good luck. You are really brave, im sure you will do just fine.

Jax - Blimey some women dont have any symptons, hopefully you are one of the lucky ones. Are you sleeping ok and feeling ok?
I had my accupunture apt last night and she gave me some hope. Really nice lady and I also had some cupping! That has left my back looking like I have love bites all over it. Its supposed help get rid of toxins etc. Re accupunture she said im super stressed and anxious (my mother in law does it to me). and she wants to get that under control and let me lern to brush off the negativity that sometimes comes my way. I had needles in me all over the place - it was very relaxing.
x Jo

Hi Jo - I'm feeling, optimistic!:happydance: Sleeping fine, although could do wtih more of it (but that's not unusal for me), really got the munchies:munch:, not sure if I'm bored at work or what? And towards the end of last week I did feel like AF was going to get me and then by Sunday the feelings had gone. Other than that I feel good!!

I go for Acupuncture too! It's good isn't it?! I definately think that stress counts for a lot and that your body and mind have to be in the right place. I know that I should've tried this TTC lark much earlier but the past 4-5 years haven't been good for me emotionally or financially so I'm sure little bub wouldn't have popped up then but I'm ready for that BFP now!! You got tell that MIL of yours to leave you alone!!:ignore: xXx
(forget the abbv, I love the smilies on here!!!!!!x)

HI, I just turned 39 on Feb 9th and like you started Clomid this month as well. Last menstual was Jan 31st, got my first Pos OPK last night:happydance:!! We have been trying for over a year and no luck. The OPK's drove me insane!! I tested month after month and would never get a positive. We went to the OB and all the lab tests showed great results. I was definately ovulating. I had the dye test done, no blockages, cysts, etc... everything looked great but still no pregnancy. This month I finally started testing twice a day instead of just in the morning. I would only test in the morning because I pee every 2 hours and thought the morning sample would be the best. However, I finally got a positive last night. Used 2 different brands and 3 different test strips. GOING IN TODAY FOR THE IUF.... So excited....:happydance:

I am a little worried though because I had a spike in temp on saturday. Does this mean I ovulated already? But I definately started having lower abdominal pain last night! Just like menstrual cramps. You are so right about ovulation being more painful on Clomid. I figure it is worth a try either way. Are you trying IUF this month as well?

Sincerely
Andrea

Hi sac42375sac42375 – catchy name:tease:. Difficult to get an easy one aye, mind if I call you sac?
So you seem to have a very similar story to me (I also had the dye test and all is good )and happy birthday for the 9th:cake:. Cool that you got a pos OPK – good luck. I didn’t think I was going to get one either but I did last night. Like you I normally test in the am but did it at night last night. Also I was using a cheep brand so shant bother with that again.
I don’t take my temp as I find it all too fiddly so I don’t know about all that?

I haven’t been offered IUF as yet maybe they will at our next apt in 4 months (hopefully we wont need to go to it) Let me know how you get on – very exciting x

Hi Jax:hi: – sorry I haven’t written for a while been on a course and got a hideous cold which is just thinking of clearing up. My SIL says it’s a good sign as she says it’s the hormones working overtime?
So what is the date that you can test? My fingers are crossed for you but not my legs ha ha:blush:
You are very clever with your abbreviations and clever little signs – do you know where I can get a list of the abbreviations from?
What are you up to for the weekend? We went and watched Gnomeo and Juliet and ive just made some muffins.:munch:
xx:hug:

Hi Jo - seems like you've got a good clomid buddy with sac42375 - go girls and get that BFP!!!!!

I'm out this month AF got me yesterday boo hoo:cry:! I was really suprised that I was late and kinda hoped it'd be my month but then I didn't have a lot of other symptoms. I've not got such a bad pain this month though and not nearly as heavy thanks to the acupuncture! Anyway's just chillin this weekend my DH cooked dinner last night and left me to have a nice bath with a glass of wine :wine:and we're just home mooching about today.

So here's to next month for me!! Sending you lots of hugs and baby dust!:kiss:
:dust::dust::dust:

PS: Sorry Jo forgot to add that if you got to the main BnB homepage the abbv's are the first link under 'forum help and testing area' xXx:flower:

Hi Jax
Oh no I'm sorry, that’s a bummer!:cry: I bet you’re peeved & upset but at least you can have a mice glass of wine:wine: for a few days. I cant stop thinking about having a glass of wine - its typical isnt it that when we really need a drink in the TWW that we cant even have a drink!!

Good that the pain isn’t so bad this month. How long have you been having acupuncture for?

I have tried to take it easy the past few days and had lots of :sex:– now I just need to wait and see. I stupidly :dohh:did a test this morning (would have only been about 2 days after Ovulation)!! I'm soo impatient. Just been looking on a website and the earliest you could do a test is about 7 days after. What am i like?:blush:
:dust:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"